Emergency #SonySet Meeting - ALL HANDS ON DECK!

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sony will retaliate. People in here are celebrating CoD don’t even like CoD or Warcraft.

Watch when sony buys a game comapny with IP people actually like on here, like Monster Hunter or street fighter, or dragon quest or kingdom hearts

They aint buying capcom. Capcom been making too much money to be purchased right now. Square is the only one I can see them purchasing that makes sense.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
This Activision news changes nothing for PCPS5 gang, we still the winning team...:myman:

Spartacus on the other hand could change things, it could make the PS5 portion of the equation obsolete...

I'd definitely roll with that over a PS5 if performance is up to par...

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
As much as I'd like Sony to cop Capcom, I can't see Capcom shutting out the Switch

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Sony will retaliate. People in here are celebrating CoD don’t even like CoD or Warcraft.

Watch when sony buys a game comapny with IP people actually like on here, like Monster Hunter or street fighter, or dragon quest or kingdom hearts
Spartacus will be their big thing...

Nobody is playing WOW, Overwatch, SC and Diablo on a fukking console, let alone a PS...

I also highly doubt CoD goes exclusive with the costs of making AAA games these days, believe it or not, MS wants to turn a profit from this investment...

That's why SONY started putting their AAA games on PC, I never thought I'd see the day GOW topped the STEAM charts...

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Spartacus will be their big thing...

Nobody is playing WOW, Overwatch, SC and Diablo on a fukking console, let alone a PS...

I also highly doubt CoD goes exclusive with the costs of making AAA games these days, believe it or not, MS wants to turn a profit from this investment...

That's why SONY started putting their AAA games on PC, I never thought I'd see the day GOW topped the STEAM charts...

Maybe not full exclusive but I wouldn’t think timed would be out the equation. I could see Microsoft doing a two month timed exclusive to bring people to gamepass then release on PS5 at a later date.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Capcom would be the biggest clap back.

Square is basically already a Sony exclusive.

Sony fukked up when they should have bought Capcom at the beginning of the PS4 gen when they were basically begging to be bought and almost on the verge of bankruptcy. Now they make too much money I don’t think Sony could afford it now.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Sony said they have 19b set aside for acquisitions, a company like capcom or square enix wouldn’t even be half that not including other options they can leverage outside of cash.

Capcom with with like 6b, and se is worth like 7, thats a good deal for either one. They gotta move

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sony said they have 19b set aside for acquisitions, a company like capcom or square enix wouldn’t even be half that not including other options they can leverage outside of cash.

Capcom with with like 6b, and se is worth like 7, thats a good deal for either one. They gotta move

Cant see it happening since Nintendo and PC are heavy software movers for them.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Cant see it happening since Nintendo and PC are heavy software movers for them.

Monster hunter rise sold 8 million, monster hunter world sold over 20m and thats mostly between playstation and pc They don’t need nintendo, because Nintendo’s biggest games are nintendo games. Look at their top 10 sellers every month, theres hardly any 3rd parties on there

All capcom other games pretty much live on playstation and pc And capcom uses sonys studios for mocap and vfx

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
I just hope they bring back Socom because of this. Or killzone to get another game.

Last edited:

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Monster hunter rise sold 8 million, monster hunter world sold over 20m and thats mostly between playstation and pc They don’t need nintendo, because Nintendo’s biggest games are nintendo games. Look at their top 10 sellers every month, theres hardly any 3rd parties on there

All capcom other games pretty much live on playstation and pc And capcom uses sonys studios for mocap and vfx

Companies have to want to be bought first. I just don't see Capcom wanting to be acquired by Sony. I can see them getting Atlus, Square or ArcSystems before Capcom.