Emergency #SonySet Meeting - ALL HANDS ON DECK!

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Those games right there make more money than all the bethesda games combined.
And all of them except for one make all that money on PC...

All their revenue is made on PC and you will never get those player bases to abandon PC for a console...

Likewise you will never get a PS fanboy to abandon PS because WOW is on XBOX...

So I don't get what WOW does for the XBOX brand...Same can be said for SC, Overwatch and Diablo...Diablo did have a little success on consoles but nothing compared to PC...

Maybe not full exclusive but I wouldn’t think timed would be out the equation. I could see Microsoft doing a two month timed exclusive to bring people to gamepass then release on PS5 at a later date.
True, timed exclusive is definitely in the likely realm of possibilities for the future of CoD...

Also in that likely realm is the exclusive map pack deal SONY had with Activision being deaded. That deal is definitely dead for SONY now...

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And all of them except for one make all that money on PC...

All their revenue is made on PC and you will never get those player bases to abandon PC for a console...

Likewise you will never get a PS fanboy to abandon PS because WOW is on XBOX...

So I don't get what WOW does for the XBOX brand...Same can be said for SC, Overwatch and Diablo...Diablo did have a little success on consoles but nothing compared to PC...

True, timed exclusive is definitely in the likely realm of possibilities for the future of CoD...

Also in that likely realm is the exclusive map pack deal SONY had with Activision. That deal is definitely dead for SONY now...

Microsoft has Gamepass on PC so even if they don't play on Xbox it's still a Win Win for them since now they will be the main client to support those games on PC. Those games if you don't have to pay full price for the game gives you an incentive to be in the ecosystem. Yea Sony ain't getting shyt exclusive now and basically Xbox will be the best place to play COD.

With this deal they have strong Console sellers and strong PC sellers.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Companies have to want to be bought first. I just don't see Capcom wanting to be acquired by Sony. I can see them getting Atlus, Square or ArcSystems before Capcom.

Impossible to say who does or doesn’t want to be bought at this point. These acquisitions are random as fukk right now and all 3rd party publishers are scrambling to make more money

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
I see sony buying sega if anyone
square doesn't do anything for them in terms of news they have them in the bag. people will shove. (Also will that affect how Disney does business with them in kingdom hearts? :lupe:)
take two is too expensive
I don't see capcom selling

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Impossible to say who does or doesn’t want to be bought at this point. These acquisitions are random as fukk right now and all 3rd party publishers are scrambling to make more money

Sony hardly buys publishers and usually buys developers. They turn developers into publishers. Microsoft is in a different league.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Sony hardly buys publishers and usually buys developers. They turn developers into publishers. Microsoft is in a different league.

It’s a new day. Microsoft wasn’t buying publishers eitehr until last year

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s a new day. Microsoft wasn’t buying publishers eitehr until last year

All the purchases you've seen Sony buy this year last year have been majority developers. They develop talent instead of buying shyt that's ready made. You watch they will acquire and obscure developer before purchasing a big recognized publisher. I don't know how you Sony nikkaz don't see that. Why spend billions of dollars on a publisher when they can just buy that one important IP that's a console seller. Which they have always done. They can get exclusives japanese titles from the big publishers without having the need to buy them.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
All the purchases you've seen Sony buy this year last year have been majority developers. They develop talent instead of buying shyt that's ready made. You watch they will acquire and obscure developer before purchasing a big recognized publisher. I don't know how you Sony nikkaz don't see that. Why spend billions of dollars on a publisher when they can just buy that one important IP that's a console seller. Which they have always done.

It’s about protecting their content. Did you see the reports that sony wants big franchises associated with the PS brand? Thats why they are buying exclusivity for things like Final Fantasy and marketing deals to big franchises who knows what else. They don’t want to lose the brand recognition with having those IP associated with playstation even fi they don’t own them.

Sony isn’t going to let a big publisher like that get bought up again. They can continue to create new IP without letting the competition snatch up everything they’ve been dumping money into the last 3 years. They built a good reputation with Atlus, SE, Capcom, From, it makes no sense to lose those IP

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s about protecting their content. Did you see the reports that sony wants big franchises associated with the PS brand? Thats why they are buying exclusivity for things like Final Fantasy and marketing deals to big franchises who knows what else. They don’t want to lose the brand recognition with having those IP associated with playstation even fi they don’t own them.

Sony isn’t going to let a big publisher like that get bought up again. They can continue to create new IP without letting the competition snatch up everything they’ve been dumping money into the last 3 years. They built a good reputation with Atlus, SE, Capcom, From, it makes no sense to lose those IP

And they will keep buying certain IP's for the brand. They ain't buying the whole cow of any of those companies like how Microsoft did with Bethesda and Activision Blizzard. Sony couldn't make a move like that. Capcom has like 10 studios, Square has like 8 studios. If Sony could have bought them they would have bought these companies by now.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
And they will keep buying certain IP's for the brand. They ain't buying the whole cow of any of those companies like how Microsoft did with Bethesda and Activision Blizzard. Sony couldn't make a move like that. Capcom has like 10 studios, Square has like 8 studios. If Sony could have bought them they would have these companies by now.

They had exclusive and marketing deals with both bethesda and Activision. They can’t really afford to play that game anymore

And i dont believe the latter. Look how long sony let Housemarque, bluepoint, and even insomniac linger independently while mostly creating content for their consoles, like 2-3 generations.

Sony bought 5 studios and 2 support studios last year, they are changing the way they do things. They know they have to increase their output heavily to compete and they aren’t gonna be able to do it “organically”