Elon Musk fires THOUSANDS of Twitter staff members! (UPDATE: TWITTERPOCALYPSE! Journalists and leftist accounts banned without warning!))

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
Don't forget Dave Chapelle is part of that wave. Sorry. I know he's got an army of stans that think this rich nikka is Malcolm X but its got to be said and called out.

And Dave's audience not being for this Elon worship bullshyt as Dave apparently expected is what prompted big baby revenge-of-the-nerds Elon to start curbing anyone critical of him.

fukk it. Everyone associated with this new age white nationalism gotta get called out. Especially our tone deaf entertainers and figures
Oh I've been sorely disappointed with Dave. However, it seems that Dave is putting his ego above all else because he likes Musk and Rogan's "free speech" stance as a comedian and is hurt by the criticism of his trans jokes. This makes him align with these people to the dismissal of everything they stand for. His money also insulates him from the concerns of the average person. Given the content of his humor in speaking truth to power over the years, it's especially disconcerting.

And yes, anyone caping for people sanitizing goddamn Nazis and white supremacists should be called out, especially black people.

Morethan1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
people need to move to masterdon or whatever and stop giving this dude attention and the feeling of power.
No SM platform should have the press that pressed.

:heh: like Elon would even piss on your burning corpse

I know

You like you phone and the owner of your provider wouldn't piss on yours either.

What's the point?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Yeah I agree that it's awful. It really is. He's tanking a major social platform and I can't defend that. I'm just trying to be solutions oriented and if this is where Twitter is heading, we might want an alternative sooner than later

waiting on blue social.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Oh I've been sorely disappointed with Dave. However, it seems that Dave is putting his ego above all else because he likes Musk and Rogan's "free speech" stance as a comedian and is hurt by the criticism of his trans jokes. This makes him align with these people to the dismissal of everything they stand for. His money also insulates him from the concerns of the average person. Given the content of his humor in speaking truth to power over the years, it's especially disconcerting.

And yes, anyone caping for people sanitizing goddamn Nazis and white supremacists should be called out, especially black people.

this.

DonRe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don’t even have twitter and this is not true. We live in the age of information. Twitter allows the fastest update on real-time information from all over the world. Even world governments are concerned about the fate of twitter but they use it to broadcast emergencies. A media outlet like twitter unfortunately is necessary.
But how is that necessary? Twitter itself or the concept?

When you get an amber alert on your phone or weather advisory, is that through twitter? Is that not the city/state/ govt working to disburse info real-time.

Twitter is as useful to me as asking my barber about who should win nba mvp this season.

Daps
Reppin
St louis
aprartheid musk is showing
that he's not a genius but a damn
idot who's fukkin up the blood money
that was given to him.

UKVu0t8.gif

that guy

Superstar
Daps
But how is that necessary? Twitter itself or the concept?

When you get an amber alert on your phone or weather advisory, is that through twitter? Is that not the city/state/ govt working to disburse info real-time.

Twitter is as useful to me as asking my barber about who should win nba mvp this season.
It’s both, a combination of the concept of needing fast straight to the point information in real time and and the fact that twitter has already amassed the worlds following. It’s easier to have all of the news on one platform.

Amber alerts don’t update the status of natural disasters or events occurring in real time. Amber alerts also is a single source. With twitter you get multiple journalists and regular people updating in real time at once. A lot of regular people have been responsible for breaking news on twitter.

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
people need to move to masterdon or whatever and stop giving this dude attention and the feeling of power.
No SM platform should have the press that pressed.

:heh: like Elon would even piss on your burning corpse
Mastodon is damn near unusable. I wish someone would make a good Twitter clone. It will happen eventually.

Last edited: