Elon Musk fires THOUSANDS of Twitter staff members! (UPDATE: TWITTERPOCALYPSE! Journalists and leftist accounts banned without warning!))

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Keith Olbermann on getting banned by musk

Alix217

Superstar
Daps
I wish these media people would stop whining and make a damn replacement.

Jeff Beezy can do it in a week :beli:

Until then, use Twitter with AdBlock

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Mastodon is damn near unusable. I wish someone would make a good Twitter clone. It will happen eventually.

mastodon needs to be forked, the developer is against posts going viral or supporting full-text search. doesn't allow quoting of users posts by design because they claim it's a anti-harassment deterrent. it has the potential to be a great place to disseminate information but by design they handicap it. the project has to be forked for decentralized microblogging to truly thrive.

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
mastodon needs to be forked, the developer is against posts going viral or supporting full-text search. doesn't allow quoting of users posts by design because they claim it's a anti-harassment deterrent. it has the potential to be a great place to disseminate information but by design they handicap it. the project has to be forked for decentralized microblogging to truly thrive.
I tried to tell an idiot that is now blocked by me in this thread that no suitable Twitter alternative exist currently and that's why I haven't left. He acted like I was making it up.

Last edited:

bnew

Veteran
Daps

There is no other social media platform that comes near enough to Twitter and no other media has the ability to spread messages so fast. The UK & many other Western governments are not prepared for a post Twitter world. I think contingency plans will now speed up. China is happy

Last edited:

bnew

Veteran
Daps
I tried to tell an idiot that is now blocked by me in this thread that no suitable Twitter alternative exist currently and that's why I haven't left. He acted like I was making it up.

theres a lot of people offering misinformed opinions in this thread instead of asking questions. I don't know of a single site that does or has what twitter offers and i've been looking for years.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I feel like a dumb ass

I’ve never heard of Aaron Rupar till this thread, and I consider myself well informed and intelligent :to: