Elon Musk fires THOUSANDS of Twitter staff members! (UPDATE: TWITTERPOCALYPSE! Journalists and leftist accounts banned without warning!))

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
I’ll be honest, the layoffs may have been necessary. Twitter was one of the most bloated tech companies out there. I heard from internal employees directly that they had an excess of over 2k employees that were hired and literally had nothing to do while making well over six figures. So I think this was always going to happen at some point.

And the vast majority of the layoffs were H1B workers from India. Don’t feel bad for them, a ton of them had multiple jobs anyway.

The censorship and right wing stuff…. I dunno what’s up with that shyt.
Maybe so but an owner walking in and firing 50% of staff in a week is totally incompetent. No way he's had time to create a logical plan for what he’s doing.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Anecdotes or stats?
You can check some stats here:

From September 2022, Twitter was top 4. Keep in mind though that was during all the Elon talk.

Another interesting thing is the "bounce rate" meaning similar to my original post, Twitter is absolutely in a class by itself for social media when it comes to quick one off/shared visits and shared content.

We'll see what October 2022 looks like, but I highly doubt anything has changed. Everyone keeps talking like they're leaving but they keep sharing content from the site: that doesn't pull numbers down it only shares more content which spreads more.

You look at sites like reddit as well, many people associated it with racism during it's early days and now it's one of the most popular websites.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
I foresee a content moderation team coming back.
Advertisers will not want to be associated with that right wing shyt
I see a content moderation team coming back too.
:patrice:
One that immediately bans people for "racism against white people"
:mjpls:
One that makes the word "white people" and "racist" slurs so you have to type it like wh1t3 p30pl3 like it was TikTok.
One that disproportionately targets Black People talking about "racism" and "white supremacy".

Like Facebook

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
A convo folk on here dont want to have is how racist twitter and the racists on social media & the internet in general appropriates the disparaging terms black women create on there against us.
shyt's wild, apparently to the no longer employed bird moderation team, as long as a "person who identifies as a woman" said it, "nigcel" is less offensive than a CAC calling you the hard R...

And cornballs in here crying for this "moderation" team of deranged white women and white men who think they're white women getting fired...

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Maybe so but an owner walking in and firing 50% of staff in a week is totally incompetent. No way he's had time to create a logical plan for what he’s doing.
That’s probably true. He probably sent a memo to leadership to identify their lowest performers and that’s who is getting laid off. Often employees on work VISAs and new hires get targeted when that happens.

You would be surprised how quickly a large company can do that. So how fast that happened isn’t really a shock

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
The fact that most people still on Twitter that don’t like Elon are staying on just to throw rocks at his big dumb head…I’m here for all of that :ohlawd:
Yup. This is what I mean.

People are dissing Elon on his own app. Which only means more people using the app.

It's like when people try to argue with somebody, but they're in their replies arguing with them and giving them traffic.

It don't matter what you say about him, you're still using the app so you're really only doing more advertising. 2k likes on the tweet going at him is 2k more interactions. Not to mention people can view those interactions because it shows when somebody likes a post so it spreads

Last edited:

Geek Nasty

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
You can check some stats here:

From September 2022, Twitter was top 4. Keep in mind though that was during all the Elon talk.

Another interesting thing is the "bounce rate" meaning similar to my original post, Twitter is absolutely in a class by itself for social media when it comes to quick one off/shared visits and shared content.

We'll see what October 2022 looks like, but I highly doubt anything has changed. Everyone keeps talking like they're leaving but they keep sharing content from the site: that doesn't pull numbers down it only shares more content which spreads more.
Twitter is losing users which ot cant afford to do

Geek Nasty

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
That’s probably true. He probably sent a memo to leadership to identify their lowest performers and that’s who is getting laid off. Often employees on work VISAs and new hires get targeted when that happens.

You would be surprised how quickly a large company can do that. So how fast that happened isn’t really a shock
He also did it so fast he didnt bother checking with lawyers to understand the law

Im not sure why some of you keep making excuses for this clown

BigBlackSea

All Star
Daps
I wonder if Twitter will go the way of tumblr and fall off? doubt it these sites seem to big to fail & what other alternative would ppl go to that has a high userbase?
Empires rise and fall. Myspace and most notably Facebook were titans in their heyday. Now the former is barely more than a footnote, and Facebook is just a cemetery for unused profiles and boomers. Remember Snapchat? Insta and every other social media took their lunch. Now they're just a marketplace for annoying ads and purchasing nudes from struggling Waffle House cooks trying to become a thot .When there is a shakeup in the market, someone is sure to capitalize and secure that lane for themselves.

Twitter ain't invincible. This is prime time for a changing of the guard. The throne is open, and anyone savvy enough will be quick to provide the solution to the refugees in the midst of the chaos.