Elon Musk fires THOUSANDS of Twitter staff members! (UPDATE: TWITTERPOCALYPSE! Journalists and leftist accounts banned without warning!))

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
We’ll see. The mid-terms will reveal how receptive a lot of Americans are to right-wing ideologies given the candidates.
Advertisers already made the call
They want woke twitter or no more money coming in that's why musk is whining on Twitter now

Mid term elections have nothing to do with ad buys or companies wanting to do business with a company shielding racists lol

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team

joker-everything-burns.gif

Genos

Superstar
Daps
Enlighten me or don't bother breh.
Advertisers follow trends by basing their indicators on them. They don't support causes for moral reasons.

If right-wing voices become the most powerful again, they'll follow suit, just like they used to do back when they would delete commercials showing interracial couples because it generated too much outrage.
They do what is the most profitable. This is what all corporations do all the time.

They support causes because it makes them more money. The problem is most people are actually progressive for the most part and people also look more into the company they are buying from, so corporations pretend to be progressive in order to get more money as the alphabet mafia spends money too.

Another issue is you don't see when corps did this for cacs all of the time in the past was the same shyt. Corporations pandered to Cacs in the past because cacs were the largest consumer but that's not the case anymore.

They get this shyt through market research they spend millions of dollars on, they don't search Twitter like you do. Twitter for Corporations is just another marketing arm, not their core philosophy. Racist cacs running Twitter doesn't mean people are going to buy transphobic products more

Vandelay

Life is absurd. Lean into it.
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Dont believe the hype. Musk is HEAVILY leveraged and that was pre-Twitter. He was already borrowing against so much of his net worth he couldnt afford to buy Twitter without backers.

His net worth is based on an insanely inflated stock price on Tesla.
There's 3 types of billionaires:

Stock heavy: Elon, crypto-currency crew, Ye
Diversified Assets: Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, The Waltons
State-connected: Putin, Gaddafi, British Royal Fam, Sultan of Brunei, Hosni Mubarak

It's easy to tell who really has paper and who doesn't. Elon said it himself last year when talking about who really was the richest person in the world.

To your point, if I'm not mistaken the Saudi Royal Family owns a stake in Twitter and are challenging his ownership.

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
They do what is the most profitable. This is what all corporations do all the time.

They support causes because it makes them more money. The problem is most people are actually progressive for the most part and people also look more into the company they are buying from, so corporations pretend to be progressive in order to get more money as the alphabet mafia spends money too.

Another issue is you don't see when corps did this for cacs all of the time in the past was the same shyt. Corporations pandered to Cacs in the past because cacs were the largest consumer but that's not the case anymore.

They get this shyt through market research they spend millions of dollars on, they don't search Twitter like you do. Twitter for Corporations is just another marketing arm, not their core philosophy. Racist cacs running Twitter doesn't mean people are going to buy transphobic products more
Most people are not progressive, especially when it comes to current controversial social issues. Polls show it. Companies and advertisers attribute a disproportionate weight to social media indicators which leads them to follow the trends that emerge within it. To pretend that advertisers spend money to be platformed on Twitter but don't take into account its dynamics into their strategy seems ludicrous to me.

Besides that point and others, you conjure up what I see or do without having a clue about it, and create strawmen, things that I find very annoying in discussion. So, I'm out. :hubie: You got it

Duke Wy Lin

It's been a good run. Wish y'all the best ✊🏿
Daps
What did I tell y'all on the first page of this thread? :russ:

This idiot valued being an edge Lord over profit and now he's crying on Twitter, blaming activists.

Twitter will tank eventually. Dude is considering different business models including a subscription based model.

lib123

All Star
Daps
Advertisers already made the call
They want woke twitter or no more money coming in that's why musk is whining on Twitter now

Mid term elections have nothing to do with ad buys or companies wanting to do business with a company shielding racists lol

Understood my point is these mid-terms will reveal a growing share of Americans support candidates with those views. As the white population continues declining, overt racism will become more widely accepted and mainstream.