Elliot Wilson doesn’t think Donald Glover is Hip Hop culture

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
Dude is more real than Aubrey could ever be

Dudes just like the sound of Drake's voice
To be fair I think he has one of the worst rap voices. I couldn't get with Camp at all because if it. Drake does flow and have the voice for it or whatever

DOSDUMUNI

Pass N' Fly Records
Daps
Dude is so unserious

Hip hop culture doesn't really exist any more

But Donald Glover grew up in it more than Aubrey

Dudes are just like women, they'll ignore if it's popping and comes with $$$ and glamour

I respectfully disagree bro it’s just not mainstream anymore. Rap took hip-hops place (if u know what i mean cool bc i ain’t explaining)

Cats are still living this hip-hop shyt and the music still out there it just went back to the underground where it belongs imo

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
To be fair I think he has one of the worst rap voices. I couldn't get with Camp at all because if it. Drake does flow and have the voice for it or whatever
Donald Glover is more of an actual artist

And he doesn't put up a front 24/7

You can like Drake's music all you want, I like some of his shyt too

But he gets too much credit

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hes a guest in the house of hiphop:mjlol:

There are no hiphop fans who are FANS of Childish Gambino. Your only listening to those records for the same reason we listened to Will Smith records. And thats because Will Smith the actor is rapping.

Disclaimer-not including those who were Will Smith fans before he was the Fresh Prince

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It's funny because I'm pretty sure he veered into different lanes outside of traditional HipHop because he's versatile enough to do so, and because of takes like this about him.

Why continue to make music in a genre that feels a way about you?

He's won Grammy's for R&B and alternative records, and this is an example of why he does his own shyt.