Ellen Pompeo recalls going off on Denzel when he directed Grey's Anatomy

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
There are 2 men you don't pull that move with, and that's Denzel and Tom Hanks because they're bigger than Hollywood.:russ:

She could care less about pissing them off as she's not a movie star and never will be :mjlol:

Her and Mariska Hargitay run primetime television and are not going to tolerate anyone coming onto their show and disrupting how things operate. They operate in completely different mediums and don't have to worry about crossing paths with each other.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
OMFG. GIRL POWER!

resist-feminist.gif

You tell that man girl!

The same way your grandfather did before lynching his ancestors

SNYC

Black American in NYC (yes, we exist 😲)
Daps
Reppin
BK & BX
She must have something against Black men with the last name of Washington :mjpls:

He ended up with Omni-man's busted wife :huhldup:

Isaiah Washington sounds off on rumors that Ellen Pompeo 'didn't want him to play her love interest' on Grey's Anatomy ... opting for white actor Patrick Dempsey instead

Isaiah Washington could have been Dr. McDreamy but Ellen Pompeo reportedly put the kibosh on the casting, according to a new excerpt from the explosive book How To Save a Life: The Inside Story of Grey's Anatomy.

Washington himself spilled the tea for the book, explaining that he'd been up for the role of Meredith Grey's love interest but due to Ellen's personal relationship with her boyfriend at the time, she wanted Patrick Dempsey instead.

This lasted bombshell to drop from the book comes after an earlier excerpt detailed the violent altercation between Dempsey and Washington which ultimately led to Isaiah's dismissal from the series.

'There's a rumor out there or something that Ellen didn't want me to be her love interest because she had a black boyfriend,' the 58-year-old revealed.

'The context is that she's not into white men. I guess she implied that her boyfriend may have had a problem with her doing love scenes with me, so she felt uncomfortable,' he explained, adding: 'I supported her with that.'

Pompeo was dating music producer Chris Ivery at the time, who is black. The pair went on to marry in 2007 and share three children together.

Washington said he had auditioned for the McDreamy role, neurosurgeon Dr. Derek Shepherd, but ultimately landed the role of cardiothoracic surgeon Dr. Preston Burke.

'I had a beard and Afro and was going for a Ben Carson character at the time,' Isaiah explained. '[Show creator] Shonda [Rhimes] and I thought it was a great idea to represent a brain surgeon who looked like Dr. Ben Carson. That didn't go that way.'

Dempsey, of course, landed the role of McDreamy - whose love story with Pompeo's Meredith Grey was chronicled in the medical drama. Washington's Dr. Burke, meanwhile, went on to play the love interest of Sandra Oh's Dr. Cristina Yang.

Back in 2013, Pompeo first mentioned that the idea of Washington playing her love interest was just too similar to her real life in an interview with the New York Post.

'You know they wanted Isaiah Washington to be my boyfriend,' she said at the time. 'Shonda really wanted to put a black man in the mix. I didn't think they were really going to put an interracial couple on the show and I didn't want him. It was too close to home.'

...... The rest of the article here

Isaiah Washington sounds off on rumors that Ellen Pompeo 'didn't want him to play her love interest' | Daily Mail Online

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
She must have something against Black men with the last name of Washington :mjpls:

Isaiah Washington sounds off on rumors that Ellen Pompeo 'didn't want him to play her love interest' on Grey's Anatomy ... opting for white actor Patrick Dempsey instead

Isaiah Washington could have been Dr. McDreamy but Ellen Pompeo reportedly put the kibosh on the casting, according to a new excerpt from the explosive book How To Save a Life: The Inside Story of Grey's Anatomy.

Washington himself spilled the tea for the book, explaining that he'd been up for the role of Meredith Grey's love interest but due to Ellen's personal relationship with her boyfriend at the time, she wanted Patrick Dempsey instead.

This lasted bombshell to drop from the book comes after an earlier excerpt detailed the violent altercation between Dempsey and Washington which ultimately led to Isaiah's dismissal from the series.

'There's a rumor out there or something that Ellen didn't want me to be her love interest because she had a black boyfriend,' the 58-year-old revealed.

'The context is that she's not into white men. I guess she implied that her boyfriend may have had a problem with her doing love scenes with me, so she felt uncomfortable,' he explained, adding: 'I supported her with that.'

Pompeo was dating music producer Chris Ivery at the time, who is black. The pair went on to marry in 2007 and share three children together.

Washington said he had auditioned for the McDreamy role, neurosurgeon Dr. Derek Shepherd, but ultimately landed the role of cardiothoracic surgeon Dr. Preston Burke.

'I had a beard and Afro and was going for a Ben Carson character at the time,' Isaiah explained. '[Show creator] Shonda [Rhimes] and I thought it was a great idea to represent a brain surgeon who looked like Dr. Ben Carson. That didn't go that way.'

Dempsey, of course, landed the role of McDreamy - whose love story with Pompeo's Meredith Grey was chronicled in the medical drama. Washington's Dr. Burke, meanwhile, went on to play the love interest of Sandra Oh's Dr. Cristina Yang.

Back in 2013, Pompeo first mentioned that the idea of Washington playing her love interest was just too similar to her real life in an interview with the New York Post.

'You know they wanted Isaiah Washington to be my boyfriend,' she said at the time. 'Shonda really wanted to put a black man in the mix. I didn't think they were really going to put an interracial couple on the show and I didn't want him. It was too close to home.'

Isaiah Washington sounds off on rumors that Ellen Pompeo 'didn't want him to play her love interest' | Daily Mail Online

That's not exactly why he got kicked off the show. It's what he said during that fight and after that got him fired.

Homie dropped the F-bomb during that fight not realizing one of his co-workers was actually gay, THEN dug himself deeper and make it even worse by still talking about it later on.

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps

This is so weird. Black people must really be another species.

How the heck doing love scenes with another Black man hits too close to home? :dead:

A white actress with a white husband would never say that doing love scenes with a random white actor hits too close to home, she needs a minority :mjlol:

SNYC

Black American in NYC (yes, we exist 😲)
Daps
Reppin
BK & BX
That's not exactly why he got kicked off the show. It's what he said during that fight and after that got him fired.

Homie dropped the F-bomb during that fight not realizing one of his co-workers was actually gay, THEN dug himself deeper and make it even worse by still talking about it later on.
Read it again..

This takes place way before that, when he was first hired.

She wasn't comfortable being with a Black man onscreen at the time, so they switched his role & gave him the Asian woman as the love interest

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Read it again..

This takes place way before that, when he was first hired.

She wasn't comfortable being with a Black man onscreen at the time, so they switched his role & gave him the Asian woman as the love interest

I was more so speaking about the note in the article of why he got kicked off the show and fukked up his career in the process.

DatLBCGuy562

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ESLBC/21st & Locust
I've never heard a Black person use "spear chucker" as sarcasm or satire. Never.
Well. Now you have. Ban bet that I'm Black. I provide proof of Blackness, you leave and never come back. I don't, I'll leave and not come back. Put your money where your dikk suckered is. You nikkas love acting intentionally obtuse, like we ALL don't know what cacs call us and what slurs they use :stopitslime:

Go troll somewhere else dude.