Ellen Pompeo recalls going off on Denzel when he directed Grey's Anatomy

KingsOfKings

𝕄𝕒𝕕𝕝𝕚𝕓 𝕚𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝔾𝕠𝕒𝕥
Daps
Daps
She must have something against Black men with the last name of Washington :mjpls:

He ended up with Omni-man's busted wife :huhldup:

Isaiah Washington sounds off on rumors that Ellen Pompeo 'didn't want him to play her love interest' on Grey's Anatomy ... opting for white actor Patrick Dempsey instead

Isaiah Washington could have been Dr. McDreamy but Ellen Pompeo reportedly put the kibosh on the casting, according to a new excerpt from the explosive book How To Save a Life: The Inside Story of Grey's Anatomy.

Washington himself spilled the tea for the book, explaining that he'd been up for the role of Meredith Grey's love interest but due to Ellen's personal relationship with her boyfriend at the time, she wanted Patrick Dempsey instead.

This lasted bombshell to drop from the book comes after an earlier excerpt detailed the violent altercation between Dempsey and Washington which ultimately led to Isaiah's dismissal from the series.

'There's a rumor out there or something that Ellen didn't want me to be her love interest because she had a black boyfriend,' the 58-year-old revealed.

'The context is that she's not into white men. I guess she implied that her boyfriend may have had a problem with her doing love scenes with me, so she felt uncomfortable,' he explained, adding: 'I supported her with that.'

Pompeo was dating music producer Chris Ivery at the time, who is black. The pair went on to marry in 2007 and share three children together.

Washington said he had auditioned for the McDreamy role, neurosurgeon Dr. Derek Shepherd, but ultimately landed the role of cardiothoracic surgeon Dr. Preston Burke.

'I had a beard and Afro and was going for a Ben Carson character at the time,' Isaiah explained. '[Show creator] Shonda [Rhimes] and I thought it was a great idea to represent a brain surgeon who looked like Dr. Ben Carson. That didn't go that way.'

Dempsey, of course, landed the role of McDreamy - whose love story with Pompeo's Meredith Grey was chronicled in the medical drama. Washington's Dr. Burke, meanwhile, went on to play the love interest of Sandra Oh's Dr. Cristina Yang.

Back in 2013, Pompeo first mentioned that the idea of Washington playing her love interest was just too similar to her real life in an interview with the New York Post.

'You know they wanted Isaiah Washington to be my boyfriend,' she said at the time. 'Shonda really wanted to put a black man in the mix. I didn't think they were really going to put an interracial couple on the show and I didn't want him. It was too close to home.'

...... The rest of the article here

Isaiah Washington sounds off on rumors that Ellen Pompeo 'didn't want him to play her love interest' | Daily Mail Online

Not condoning it....but I understand her logic.

This was 15 years ago. Primetime network TV was not ready for a breh...especially a dark skinned NOT racially ambiguous Doctor breh to be slappin skins with a white Doctor broad. Big wigs might accept some stereotype shyt but educated BM/WW swirling on TV where the WW actively lusts for the breh???? :russ: BM can't be swirl sex symbols. They gotta keep WM front and center.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
9U43FJaH22v9.gif

A Peep Show gif

:gladbron:

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
its easy to believe.

she didn't want to be charmed and doe eyed with him so she tried to put her balls on the table thinking it would impress him.
plus this sort of acting up is the closest she would get to do some sort of acting opposite a great like Denzel so she committed to the bit.

she probably still left charmed all that and ended up getting on swell but now she has a little anecdote tell people about the time she worked with Denzel.