Elizabeth Warren HQ: She's Got A Plan!

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
I like her ideas,not sure if I agree with this one. Seems like this universal childcare is just another credit to make it easier for black families to seperate,and for women to be single mothers. How about some tax credits or punishments that come with breaking up your family.

I disagree...

Childcare is a big budget buster man...

Benefited

Banned
Daps
I disagree...

Your right,I think it was the way she seemed to making it a black womans/single mother issue. But I suppose the reality is,that currently it is a major issue for black women/single mothers. So you are right,and I do actually like it,but I am conflicted because I still thinks there needs to be something else that doesn't make it even easier to become a single mother,and for people to break up families. If you will have 2 trillion left,maybe people who keep their families together can get get a bigger bonus.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I like her ideas,not sure if I agree with this one. Seems like this universal childcare is just another credit to make it easier for black families to seperate,and for women to be single mothers. How about some tax credits or punishments that come with breaking up your family.

I disagree...

I'm not especially down for childcare credits.

Guaranteed family leave and UBI are >>>>>> universal childcare.

Not a big fan of other people raising your own children.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps

I'm not especially down for childcare credits.

Guaranteed family leave and UBI are >>>>>> universal childcare.

Not a big fan of other people raising your own children.

Single-income families (ie. 2 parents and a kid on 1 income) are becoming a rarity. Unless that's reversed, universal childcare is an inevitably.

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Single-income families (ie. 2 parents and a kid on 1 income) are becoming a rarity. Until that's reversed, universal childcare is an inevitably.

You're calling for a move that would cement a destructive system in place rather than actually addressing the problems that create the system.

My dad didn't make shyt and neither me nor my two sisters were ever in childcare. I voluntarily have chosen to work in a field where I ain't gonna earn shyt, and no way I'm ever putting my daughters in childcare. If you have steady income, avoid debts, and aren't on the very bottom of the wage earners, you can make it work.

The problems are this:

Incomes too low on the bottom end
shytty parental leave laws
Too much debt (need to reform student debt, medical costs, and predatory loans)
Too many people are taught they have to chase money no matter how much they make

Sending kids to be raised by someone other than their parents doesn't solve any of those problems at all. A living wage, universal healthcare, student loan reform, better parental leave laws, doing everything possible to eliminate debt, teaching our communities to prioritize family over cash, and the UBI would all address the BASIC issues that we need to address.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
You're calling for a move that would cement a destructive system in place rather than actually addressing the problems that create the system.

I am?

:picard:

Pretty sure I said unless the problem is resolved universal healthcare is gonna be the only option left to us.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
She’s the only candidate. The other folks are just trying to boost their profile.
To shoot Bernie some bail, he has a good record as a mayor and would no doubt support almost everything that she is pushing. She is obviously the more detailed of the two, however. Her problem is simply that when Sanders wanted her to run in 2016, she declined. When the entire left wanted her to run, she declined. And so now Sanders is consuming most of what would be her voters. Also, she is very substantive and we are in some sort of weird thing of people just repping their set (Beto, Biden, Klobouchar - centrist set), (Kamala, Booker, Pete, Castro - new face set), (Sanders, Yang, Gabbard - anti-establishment set). I will say this, for all the talk of her lacking charisma -- she has more than Sanders. He's not very good in intimate settings when you get off his major policy issues.

intra vires

Glory to Michigan
Daps
Reppin
The Catholepistemiad

The idea that the state would punish someone for getting out of a potentially bad relationship is ridiculous. This plan is specifically about providing high-quality childcare to American families, who either cannot afford it at all or who have to restructure their budgets to do so. How that family is structured is irrelevant. I haven't even touched on the research that shows the overwhelming benefits high-quality childcare has on the children, which for my main pillar for supporting it. I have a number of issues with this proposal but it is a good framework to start the conversation.