Elderly Civil Rights Activist recalls eating at a White only restaurant for the first time, almost regetted marching

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Fellas, when you watch pictures of that particular protest, you'll see Black wait staff at the counter( and likely Black cooks in the back preparing the food.)
Could work there, but not patronize the establishment.

greensboro-sit-in-7b98e996923140641e5c42f5b9a4ecefcd304a63.jpg

Mr McCain's reaction is from the menu being prepared to catered to the tastes of the white customers.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Yes, especially his message regarding community and the dangers of integration, working for CACs...My granny cleaned houses for em and hated every minute of it but had no choice due to a third grade education and a limp in her back...but she followed what Malcolm was saying and agreed with it..actually many southerners did, especially when it came to public educationa and school bussing..My grandma said she didnt want her kids (my mom and aunties) bussed out to CAC neighborhoods for school and effectively ending predominately Black middle and high schools..so thats why when I see politicians lik Kamala cosplaying and wrongly talking about civil rights I cringe
It wouldn't have worked in the south.

Malcolm did not go to the south for a reason and your Kamala joint is you trying too hard to seem intellectual, piecing together irrelevant shyt.

Medgar Evers was in the South applying exactly what Malcolm X was doing and was murked. Black cities supporting themselves that Malcolm was talking about in Harlem were burnt down in the south.

Stop the madness.

I respect Stokely Carmichael because he actually went to the south and galvanized people instead of staying in the comfortable all black settings of the north to make his noise.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes, especially his message regarding community and the dangers of integration, working for CACs...My granny cleaned houses for em and hated every minute of it but had no choice due to a third grade education and a limp in her back...but she followed what Malcolm was saying and agreed with it..actually many southerners did, especially when it came to public educationa and school bussing..My grandma said she didnt want her kids (my mom and aunties) bussed out to CAC neighborhoods for school and effectively ending predominately Black middle and high schools..so thats why when I see politicians lik Kamala cosplaying and wrongly talking about civil rights I cringe

Gonna have to disagree with that. A lot of southerners didn't even know who Malcolm was really, and the southern media skewed the perspective on Malcolm, giving him a thug like persona. Also, most southern christians would have been reluctant due to the differences in religion

NYC Rebel

Daps
Gonna have to disagree with that. A lot of southerners didn't even know who Malcolm was really, and the southern media skewed the perspective on Malcolm, giving him a thug like persona. Also, most southern christians would have been reluctant due to the differences in religion
Exactly. I was in the south in the early 90s and met niqqas who said they never heard of Malcolm X until the movie came out. I was astonished.
He wasn't known because he didn't come down there.

North of Death

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Based on what

North of Death

All Star
Bushed
Daps
It wouldn't have worked in the south.

Malcolm did not go to the south for a reason and your Kamala joint is you trying too hard to seem intellectual, piecing together irrelevant shyt.

Medgar Evers was in the South applying exactly what Malcolm X was doing and was murked. Black cities supporting themselves that Malcolm was talking about in Harlem were burnt down in the south.

Stop the madness.

I respect Stokely Carmichael because he actually went to the south and galvanized people instead of staying in the comfortable all black settings of the north to make his noise.
Not really

NYC Rebel

Daps
Not really

That pivot is meaningless.

Point is, Malcolm's talk worked up north and spoke to up north audiences and their situation. Applying that to the South? Been there....done that and the outcome was long visible. MLK spoke to the conditions of that outcome of the South.

North of Death

All Star
Bushed
Daps
That pivot is meaningless.

Point is, Malcolm's talk worked up north and spoke to up north audiences and their situation. Applying that to the South? Been there....done that and the outcome was long visible. MLK spoke to the conditions of that outcome of the South.
thats where you are wrong...Malcolms stance of Nation Building, especially after he left the NOI would definitely worked in the south in the 70s and 80s due to how cheap land was at that time...Unfortunately hankerchief heads like Jessie Jackson kept pushing working for CACs via a good education and a good job..and where the fukk is the black community now because of that? still at the very bottom socially and financially..the south should of been ground 0 for Malcolms vision

NYC Rebel

Daps
thats where you are wrong...Malcolms stance of Nation Building, especially after he left the NOI would definitely worked in the south in the 70s and 80s due to how cheap land was at that time...Unfortunately hankerchief heads like Jessie Jackson kept pushing working for CACs via a good education and a good job..and where the fukk is the black community now because of that? still at the very bottom socially and financially..the south should of been ground 0 for Malcolms vision
That's where I am right. Southners did nation build. Don't insult folks who had their own cities and saw them burnt down. That's a slap in to their face.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
so the reality of you having no data to support your statement..got it

You made a statement based off what your Grandmother told you. You can rarely data mine for historical context. With that being said, my Grandparents were members of the SCLC and I am born and raised in Alabama. That's all the "data" I need

Daps
Reppin
NULL

You're gonna have to be a lot more specific about this cheap land you're referring to. And there were southern black cities that were somewhat autonomous and thriving before Malcolm even hit the scene. Do you know what happened to the majority of them?

Unbothered

ELEVATING to HIGHER LEVELS with POSITIVE VIBES ✨
Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
Some of y'all are taking this a little too literally or misinterpreting his response...This man doesn't regret fighting for civil rights, freedom, voting rights, education, etc.

His comment was meant to be taken in a humorous perspective about his discovery of the stark differences in taste and quality of Southern cuisines between Black Americans and White people post Jim Crow era.