Elderly Civil Rights Activist recalls eating at a White only restaurant for the first time, almost regetted marching

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
With raisins :scust:

Probably a dog somwhere in the establishment too :hhh:

full

A cat licking itself on the counter woulda been fine though, I guess.​

Yzak

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Did they not realize them cacs were spitting in their food and poisoning them?

vino

Superstar
Daps
As if Malcolm had a podium posted up on a corner of a Birmingham street instead of Harlem.

The difference between Malcolm and Martin was regional.

Robert F. Williams was in North Carolina. I’m not one of those Malcolm vs Martin folks but just want to highlight people in the south also shared similar ideas as Malcolm. Not saying he was a follower of Malcom

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Robert F. Williams was in North Carolina. I’m not one of those Malcolm vs Martin folks but just want to highlight people in the south also shared similar ideas as Malcolm. Not saying he was a follower of Malcom
Why wasn't Malcolm in the South saying what he was saying?

Malcolm was talking about application....and application that was trampled on, burnt down, and destroyed when tried IN the South. MLK spoke in a manner that recognized those settings.

I hate when folks are on some "Malcolm or Martin" guff.

vino

Superstar
Daps
Why wasn't Malcolm in the South saying what he was saying?

Malcolm was talking about application....and application that was trampled on, burnt down, and destroyed when tried IN the South. MLK spoke in a manner that recognized those settings.

I hate when folks are on some "Malcolm or Martin" guff.

Did you not read what I said. I clearly stated that I’m not one of those Malcom vs Martin folks. I just simply said their were activist like that in the south. You made it seem as though what his grandma said was so outlandish for the south.

North of Death

All Star
Bushed
Daps
your grandmother thinks Malcolm's talk would've worked in the south where he rarely visited and most black people lived?
Yes, especially his message regarding community and the dangers of integration, working for CACs...My granny cleaned houses for em and hated every minute of it but had no choice due to a third grade education and a limp in her back...but she followed what Malcolm was saying and agreed with it..actually many southerners did, especially when it came to public educationa and school bussing..My grandma said she didnt want her kids (my mom and aunties) bussed out to CAC neighborhoods for school and effectively ending predominately Black middle and high schools..so thats why when I see politicians lik Kamala cosplaying and wrongly talking about civil rights I cringe