Elden Ring (PS4,XB1,PC,PS5,XSX) (February 25th, 2022)

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
No matter how many playthroughs

Draconic Tree Sentinel still mops me up most times :mjcry: why that nikka harder than everyone else in the game
For some reason I had issues with one of the death birds and the isolated merchant bell bearing hunter.

Ended up killing them after I finished everything else on a big rage session.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
welp…

The hands-on build had the character level set to 150 - but despite being so high, the preview was still a challenge.

VG247 on Map size:
but zooming out and toggling between the discrete Lands of Shadow map and that of The Lands Between, it does appear that FromSoftware boss Hidetaka Miyazaki was broadly right when he compared its size to that of Limgrave, Elden Ring's opening area. The Land of Shadow does look roughly comparable to Limgrave - but that's including the Weeping Peninsula area to the south, and even perhaps just a touch of Caelid. Point being: this area is big.

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Rebuild your armory​

Shadow of the Erdtree will introduce around one hundred new weapons for players to discover. From the start, I chose a Greatsword-sized katana, which caused fire damage when it made contact, and a battle shield featuring large metal spikes on the edge, turning this protective item into an offensive tool.

Players can also discover eight brand-new weapon types. The details on many of these types were being kept under wraps for now, but I was given access to one: Martial Arts.

This new category allowed me to go into combat bare-handed, swinging heavy punches and slamming kicks into my opponents. Just like other weapon types, Martial Arts can be assigned a Skill to suit your playstyle, and mine saw me taking a leaf from some of the bosses’ books by leaping through the air and landing a flurry of kicks on my enemies.

Fighting barehanded might seem like madness in this kind of world, but I found it remarkably effective. The blunt impact of the blows made it easier to break enemies’ stance, leaving them open to a quick and deadly finisher. Martial Arts was a joy to use, and if the other new categories are even half as fun to play with, Tarnished are in for a treat with the new weapon types.
The new leveling system:

Shadow of the Erdtree introduces a new system, called Shadow Realm Blessing, to help level the playing field a little. Intrepid explorers are offered the chance to find and use a new consumable to apply a stackable buff that negates some incoming damage and increases the damage you cause to opponents in the Land of Shadow.

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Details:
  • DLC is accessed at Mohg palace
  • First Boss is Dancing Lion
  • FromSoftware says there's at least 10 major bosses in the DLC
  • DLC is at least 30 hours long (it's more than that)
  • The expected level range of 120 to 150 for the DLC is wide, but there's a mechanic to help lower level players
  • Over 100 new weapons
  • There's new ways to upgrade the character (other than Flasks, Great Rune)

New weapon types:

Great katana
Hand to hand
Throwing weapons
Thrusting shields
Reverse hand swords
Perfume bottles
Light greatswords
Beast claws

Water

Pro
Daps
Details:
  • DLC is accessed at Mohg palace
  • First Boss is Dancing Lion
  • FromSoftware says there's at least 10 major bosses in the DLC
  • DLC is at least 30 hours long (it's more than that)
  • The expected level range of 120 to 150 for the DLC is wide, but there's a mechanic to help lower level players
  • Over 100 new weapons
  • There's new ways to upgrade the character (other than Flasks, Great Rune)

New weapon types:

Great katana
Hand to hand
Throwing weapons
Thrusting shields
Reverse hand swords
Perfume bottles
Light greatswords
Beast claws
hand to hand :whew:

light greatsword? aint that just a sword? :what: