Elden Ring (PS4,XB1,PC,PS5,XSX) (February 25th, 2022)

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
any tips y'all could give a new player?

Be willing to embrace the learning curve and know that you’re gonna die a lot early on as you get to understand the game and how to approach certain enemies. Certain enemies and scenarios will seem impossible at first, but the game is actually very fair and once you understand how to handle different situations, you can handle them with ease. Stats and gear are important, but ultimately your actual ability to learn and adapt to enemies is what will make you “better” over time

Armor stats are important but not as important as it is in other games. You can totally run some of the starting armors throughout the whole game if you wanted. The 2 main stats are the defense rating and weight. If you are too heavy relative to your strength/equip capacity, your dodge will be super slow. Alternatively, you could go light and be quick, but you’re sacrificing protection. Mid weight is most common and give you a bit of both, while Heavy will make you tanky but you will fat roll

There’s a ton of different types of weapons so experiment with a lot early on, but if you find something you like, don’t be afraid to lean all the way into that build or playstyle

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Run past shyt and try and get to grace points, which are ultimately going to be your save spots.

Bosses aren’t the destination, grace points are.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Accept the fact that in the beginning you will die... a lot. Also TAKE YOUR TIME WITH LIMGRAVE AND THE WEEPING PENINSULA. Explore every inch, there is a lot of shyt you get or do in the beginning of the game that will effect shyt down the road in the late game such as questlines or even weapons, magic, and armor. I spent damn near 50 hours in Limgrave my first playthrough of this game.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
That music when you walk into Leyndell overlooking the capital with Oracle horns. :wow:

I just got here on my first playthrough and I had to take it all in for a few minutes. I didn't want to kill them because they added to the ambiance. I tried to walk past but they started attacking me. :mjcry:

Haven't felt that way about a game's music since Priscilla's Song in The Witcher 3. :wow:

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’ve seen some interesting comments around the net regarding Lords of the Fallen and Lies of P compared to the Elden Ring and I get a huge laugh when cats be like those games are better than this:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Everyone has the to to their own opinions but cmon it my opinion those are just trash takes:russ:

I bet that dlc will win goty:russ:

Lord-Yosh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York
I’ve seen some interesting comments around the net regarding Lords of the Fallen and Lies of P compared to the Elden Ring and I get a huge laugh when cats be like those games are better than this:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Everyone has the to to their own opinions but cmon it my opinion those are just trash takes:russ:

Yeah they're dust heads lmaooo and I fukks with Lord's of the fallen couldn't really get into lies of P. Both good games but don't ever compare them to Elden GOAT.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps

LOTF was wack to me but Lies of P is cool but I can't say I really enjoyed it past the puppet king :mjlol:

MegaManX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Start a new game with every archetype and play for about an hour each.

I know this seems like a lot but the game is like 200 hours long. You don't want to scatterbrain early and end up rerolling because you don't like certain mechanics. Every class has a unique playing style from sword and board, 2 hander, archery, bleed knives, fire hands, you name it. You can learn alot from the first 30 minutes to an hour with a class and figure out which direction you want to go with stats.