Elden Ring (PS4,XB1,PC,PS5,XSX) (February 25th, 2022)

Daps
Don't be afraid to run away/summon the horse... from a fight if you're outmatched. You can usually tell pretty quickly if an enemy is gonna be too much.

Get your vigor up first and foremost. There are suggested caps for each stat as you get less ROI at different stat caps. 40 vigor is probably the minimum needed to beat the game unless you want to make a legit glass cannon.

Early game, there's an area and Limgrave that'll portal you to a MUCH higher level. Lots of little gremlin looking enemies you can use to get those souls up and level up stats. Just be careful because those little nikkas can damn near one-hit kill you in the early game (sneak attack and watch their patrol).....also watch that "statue" and don't use magic or hit hit.

Later game, hit up Moghwyn's Palace if you wanna pump stats. Helps to have a certain holy sword as you can kill scores of enemies VERY efficiently. Youtube can explain it.

Explore, explore, explore.

Only 2 summons worth using are Mimic and Black Knife Tiche. You can't get BKT until later in the game though. Mimic is a reflection of you, so if your Mimic Tear summons is bad, you may have a problematic build.

Prepare to die a lot.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I been wanting to play this again to restore the feeling but I’m holding out for Shadow of the Erdtree

The more time passes I feel like this is certainly a top 3 all time game for me and could possibly be number 1

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
I been wanting to play this again to restore the feeling but I’m holding out for Shadow of the Erdtree

The more time passes I feel like this is certainly a top 3 all time game for me and could possibly be number 1

shyt. As someone that hasn't played any soulslike outside of the surge 2 for a lil bit, you think I would like this?

Should I try Lies of P first to see if I mesh with the genre?

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
shyt. As someone that hasn't played any soulslike outside of the surge 2 for a lil bit, you think I would like this?

I haven’t played Lies of P, but Elden Ring is what got me into the genre. After 2 ER playthroughs I went on to beat Sekiro, Nioh 2, and Fallen Order.

If you like exploration with tense combat and RPG buildcrafting it’s the perfect game. You just gotta be ready to be humbled and constantly challenged. It’s very rewarding though. Few games if any can evoke such a strong emotional response while playing it. You’re just constantly excited and scared while exploring and fights will have you fuming until your figure them out and feel like god:pachaha:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
. You’re just constantly scared
bbd3e448-7913-40b9-9e63-eb7bb9d3efa6_text.gif

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

"Elden Ring" is actually a lot more forgiving than "Lies Of P", start with it first.

"Elden Ring" is probably the most forgiving out of all From titles due to the fact that you can bounce if you're getting your ass whupped. It's open world so you have a lot more freedom than a typical souls/soulslike game.

Hell, now is the best time to start "Elden Ring" due to the DLC being around the corner and this thread is full of people that can advise you on what to do.

"Lies Of P" is dope though, I just beat it a couple days ago.

Fred.

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
I haven’t played Lies of P, but Elden Ring is what got me into the genre. After 2 ER playthroughs I went on to beat Sekiro, Nioh 2, and Fallen Order.

If you like exploration with tense combat and RPG buildcrafting it’s the perfect game. You just gotta be ready to be humbled and constantly challenged. It’s very rewarding though. Few games if any can evoke such a strong emotional response while playing it. You’re just constantly excited and scared while exploring and fights will have you fuming until your figure them out and feel like god:pachaha:

"Elden Ring" is actually a lot more forgiving than "Lies Of P", start with it first.

"Elden Ring" is probably the most forgiving out of all From titles due to the fact that you can bounce if you're getting your ass whupped. It's open world so you have a lot more freedom than a typical souls/soulslike game.

Hell, now is the best time to start "Elden Ring" due to the DLC being around the corner and this thread is full of people that can advise you on what to do.

"Lies Of P" is dope though, I just beat it a couple days ago.

Fred.

Bet, idk if it's on the black Friday sale rn but I have like $30 in credit so may just cop for the experience. Sekrio was definitely one I was interested but I heard that's damn near the hardest one :hubie:

Gonna utilize that summoning or whatever I saw people do in ER when shyt gets tough lol. I think my reflexes are great but everyone does until they play these lol

Preciate it! Think imma download lies of p now just as a sampler and then definitely grab ER to beat

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Bet, idk if it's on the black Friday sale rn but I have like $30 in credit so may just cop for the experience. Sekrio was definitely one I was interested but I heard that's damn near the hardest one :hubie:

Gonna utilize that summoning or whatever I saw people do in ER when shyt gets tough lol. I think my reflexes are great but everyone does until they play these lol

Preciate it! Think imma download lies of p now just as a sampler and then definitely grab ER to beat

"Sekiro" is considered harder because it has a different system than soulslikes. So it caught the veterans off guard.

The game play revolves around memorization and perfectly parrying enemies. If you can't perfect parry, it's going to be a nightmare.

"Lies Of P" actually has a parry system similar to "Sekiro", while still being a soulslike so it's a good mix.

"Elden Ring" is another beast entirely, because it's open world. Also, when you start playing don't hesitate to ask questions because some shyt you aren't gonna figure out. You could play the whole game and only see 50% of it, because there's several areas and bosses you need to do specific things to see.

Fred.

GoPro

EscoBeard Season Has Returned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#CertLife #ITGang
I'm about to sell my copy on eBay. It's been collecting dust for months. Don't have the time nor patience to die multiple times per encounter. Rather enjoy my limited gaming time