Elden Ring is Game of The Generation- 98 Metacritic

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Nikka.....wut? Sos is one of the best fantasy books ever written.

A literal masterpiece of pacing and characterization.

Oh shyt, my bad, i meant feast for crows…then followed up by a dance of dragons…two pack of mid.You can tell he had no idea what the fukk he was doing after SoS.

It’s a shame the tv show took the brunt of the criticism when that is 100% how GRRM was gonna end the books. Just with different characters doing the same things.

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
Oh shyt, my bad, i meant feast for crows…then followed up by a dance of dragons…two pack of mid.You can tell he had no idea what the fukk he was doing after SoS.

It’s a shame the tv show took the brunt of the criticism when that is 100% how GRRM was gonna end the books. Just with different characters doing the same things.

Feast was slower but it had to be after the first three books. The board got reshuffled and he had to show us how.

Dwd was dope too imo, just for the Snow at the Wall and Stannis on the move chapters.

Plus Theon in Winterfell.

I sincerely don't get why people disliked them so much.

The show could've ended great if they brought on writers who can plot and do dialogue well.

They didn't, they did it themselves and the results are trash. That's not on Martin.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Feast was slower but it had to be after the first three books. The board got reshuffled and he had to show us how.

Dwd was dope too imo, just for the Snow at the Wall and Stannis on the move chapters.

Plus Theon in Winterfell.

I sincerely don't get why people disliked them so much.

The show could've ended great if they brought on writers who can plot and do dialogue well.

They didn't, they did it themselves and the results are trash. That's not on Martin.

I think I disliked them (along with many others) is because the narrative slowed to a snails pace and then he tried to do the whole split narrative bullshyt in Feast, and for like a 1200 page book was very unsatisfying. Can you imagine if a entire season of a tv show only referenced some of the most popular characters through a 3rd person on the other side of the continent?

Then he carried it into DWD and gave up on it halfway because it was fukking stupid to begin with. Then he kept introducing more characters, more plot threads, and more crazy concepts which felt like he was just throwing shyt at a wall. I knew from that point on the tv show was gonna crash and burn because there was no way to wrap up all that in a reasonable way and the show had far less characters to deal with. Im guessing Aegon was gonna be what Jon is, Stoneheart was gonna be what Arya is, and so on.... GRRM left them to the wolves, no pun.

It's no wonder why he just dropped it. The trilogy will go down as one of the best but theres literally no reason to read after that.

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
I think I disliked them (along with many others) is because the narrative slowed to a snails pace and then he tried to do the whole split narrative bullshyt in Feast, and for like a 1200 page book was very unsatisfying. Can you imagine if a entire season of a tv show only referenced some of the most popular characters through a 3rd person on the other side of the continent?

Then he carried it into DWD and gave up on it halfway because it was fukking stupid to begin with. Then he kept introducing more characters, more plot threads, and more crazy concepts which felt like he was just throwing shyt at a wall. I knew from that point on the tv show was gonna crash and burn because there was no way to wrap up all that in a reasonable way and the show had far less characters to deal with. Im guessing Aegon was gonna be what Jon is, Stoneheart was gonna be what Arya is, and so on.... GRRM left them to the wolves, no pun.

It's no wonder why he just dropped it. The trilogy will go down as one of the best but theres literally no reason to read after that.

The last sentence in your first paragraph is literally what the Wire did in its second season.

And it's a goat level show imo.

As for the rest, Aegon is more than likely what spurs Dany going firestarter on kingslanding, as her self worth is largely tied to her position as the last Targaryen.

Stoneheart = Arya and Frey mass murder sounds like it fits but that's what makes me think it wouldn't happen, as Martin tends to not give readers neat endings like that.

Do I think the Freys are doomed? Yes. Do I think that Stoneheart and the Bwb will be the executioners? Nah.

The meereneese knot is a real thing, but faegon and Jon Connington aren't nothing characters. They're Targaryen hubris and arrogance resurgent, and also are Chekhovs gun manifested.

I don't think we'll agree on this though.

To me, the problem of the show was that the guys in charge loved the shocking moments from the books, but don't understand it was assumed tropes that were being broken, not rules.

Once the big moment(red wedding/purple wedding/Oberyn dies)happened, they lost interest and literally double timed it to a wet fart of an ending.

I've literally read free fanfiction that hugely shyts on what those two made deca millions off of.

Last edited: