Elden Ring is Game of The Generation- 98 Metacritic

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
I asked in the offical thread, are we looking at this generation's Ocarina of Time?

3 more hours..

Not imo.

Everything really innovative here was done largely by Botw, in reference to scrapping the popular open world traditions, and tbh botw didn't do much that Morrowind didn't already break ground on, aside from the organic world flow design and the chemistry engine.

This is figuratively Dark Souls 4, but open with the qol improvements like boss checkpoints vs the older fight through the level to retry the boss after you died.

In a week I expect the metascore to have dropped off a bit, cuz the fomo and evangelism will likely spur a backlash.

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
Bigger game. And cross gen.
Yea, by most accounts this is a PS4/XB1 game. Seems like that’s what From targeted. Weirdly the PC port seems to be in the worst shape. A lot of people are opting to play the last-gen SKU even on current gen hardware lol. I’m not as sensitive to frame pacing and all that as others but I want my locked 60 fps.

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
So I've never played these Darksoul series games what's the gameplay for this like?:jbhmm:
I personally don’t care for em….the major theme in combat is attacking in a small window while having to dodge/block 75% of the encounter with stamina management…got old to me real quick…..even though I own every game so far.

For me especially since I got heavy into Dragons Dogma before jumping into the soulsbourne games. Heavily prefer the combo themed combat and magic in dogma but the joy of souls games has always been surviving the brutal difficultly and boss battles

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I’m really not seeing all the framerate issues people been reporting:patrice:

granted Series X and my tv support VRR which smoothens out the frames when they’re inconsistent. Outside of distant texture pop in I haven’t really thought twice about the graphics/performance:hubie:

They aren’t over the top amazing graphics but they certainly aren’t BAD like people are trying to claim

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I’m really not seeing all the framerate issues people been reporting:patrice:

granted Series X and my tv support VRR which smoothens out the frames when they’re inconsistent. Outside of distant texture pop in I haven’t really thought twice about the graphics/performance:hubie:

They aren’t over the top amazing graphics but they certainly aren’t BAD like people are trying to claim
Yup it’s the VRR.

shyt pretty much just feels like 60fps.

Microsoft did a great job with the Series X. Even From can’t fukk it up :wow:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
the critic reviews are pretty much etched in stone since a majority of them already dropped…the user reviews will be interesting to see tho

yikes HUGE disparity between critics and users…

PS5 — critics: 97, users: 76
XSX — critics: 95, users: 65
PS4 — critics: n/a, users: 63
PC — critics: 95, users: 58
XB1 — critics: n/a, users: 57

Last edited: