Elden Ring has lost 50% of it's player base in one month!

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
souls games aren't hard. Its not harder than say super mario 3 or something.

the problem is that its a genre that has its own set of rules that it doesnt hold your hand through for 6 hours. People have been conditioned to having games explain every mechanic to them now and most people that play souls know the language from previous games. Thats why people say this is essentialyl dark souls 4, cause it uses all the same rules.

thats also in combination with the idea that this is a big game, and for as much people whine about open world games being check list and all that a lot of people won't know their head from their ass if you don't deliberately point them in the right direction to progress the game. Then, because they are so conditioned to make constant progress and risk-adverse it stresses them out when a boss feels overly difficult.

the reputation of the series alone is enough to dissuade people into wanting to keep trying not realizing that death is a part of the game. You don't "suck" at the game and it isn't "impossible" if you die 10-15 times, its part of the basic mechanics but most people that aren't prepared for that won't really understand it right away.

thats why sometimes people play like 3-4 souls games and quit and eventually play another one and it clicks. Because they figured something out about the underlying system that makes the game simpler for them so now they go back and play the other games. Once you're made a souls fan theres no coming back, you are locked in for life, your third eye is wide open, you got gud.
I “got gud” n beat souls 1 n 3. Series just dont grab me. Need more actual story not just lore:manny:

glad i didnt fall into the Elden Ring review trap cuz it looks more of the same

forbidden west seems way more full of life n fun

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Alot of casuals thought this was Skyrim 2

Yep that's it. They wanted magic and traveling, but they got demons and broken controllers :francis:. I never touched these type of games since I damn neared threw Demon Souls at a Gamestop rep for saying that the game was good.

Yeah...good to break shyt for:gucci:

Frolickingmami

I'm back sukkasssss
Daps
I've heard a lot of people didn't really like the game.
It looks boring to me. What is the story?
All I see is people dying and rolling around.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
This is literally Dark Souls 4. If you didn't like the other ones, you wouldn't like this. If you loved the other ones, this one would be right up your alley.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
I “got gud” n beat souls 1 n 3. Series just dont grab me. Need more actual story not just lore:manny:

glad i didnt fall into the Elden Ring review trap cuz it looks more of the same

forbidden west seems way more full of life n fun

That’s what I’m saying, the over the top hype this game gets compared to the nitpicking other games gets is insane to me. How is this game a 10 but horizon not? To me the o ot 10 out of 10 games the past few years was horizon, ghosts and imo final fantasy remake. I’m sure you can throw in another but what sets this game apart from those? Other than being insanely difficult and bing able to explore?

I think I’m more mad at the reviewers for not stating that this game isn’t for everyone and those it’s more niche, imo niche games can’t be the genre defining, culture advancing game they say this is. And lastly is there even a story or are you just wondering around on some monster hunter type shyt?

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
:wow:

12 milly sold in just over a month.

Casuals salty.

Elden ring . Herald of new era of gaming.

:wow:

Started from da bottom now we hereeee.

:umad:

Go back to ya skyrims and grand theft auto herbs.
Skyrim is not a weak game tho:ufdup:

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
I mean that's to be expected. I even had to fall back a bit since it was consuming too much of my time. Jumped back on this bytch yesterday tho :wow:

AngryBaby

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Easy game, crashing like crazy on PC though after update. shyt has the worst PC performance of any game I've played in decades. Same goes for many others.

Kinda insane how cyberpunk got it's flak, when this is...much worse on PC. But then again, it shows how many people are console gamers....when CP2077 was bad on consoles all hell broke lose.

AngryBaby

All Star
Bushed
Daps
I've heard a lot of people didn't really like the game.
It looks boring to me. What is the story?
All I see is people dying and rolling around.

there is no story; fans do alot of mental gymnastics in order to make FROM seem more competent and high brow than they really are.

The appeal, in my opinion, and what FROM is good at, is making you wonder whats going to come next from an enviroment/enemy/boss standpoint. They do that well, and it keeps you going I guess. I actually find more pleasure in building up the the prowess of my character/build and seeing how it fairs against this "hard" game. Like you know...an RPG. But the game also scales, so theres that.

however, FROM has a philosophy of limiting your abilities as a player, and boosting up the abilities of the boss and enemies in order for it to stay difficult. Which I don't jive with. Ninja Gaiden, DMC, God of War didn't need to do that to be difficult. They gave you unlimited styles and options and kept you fluid. FROM intentionally keeps things stiff to make it "difficult". and many gamers in 2022 are too young and inexperienced to notice. think about if a gamer is 15 years old, he wasn't even born when DMC 3 came out; only 10 years old a decade after that. So alot of people don't actually know sick combat anymore, and think FROM is the shyt. It's...not.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
there is no story; fans do alot of mental gymnastics in order to make FROM seem more competent and high brow than they really are.

The appeal, in my opinion, and what FROM is good at, is making you wonder whats going to come next from an enviroment/enemy/boss standpoint. They do that well, and it keeps you going I guess. I actually find more pleasure in building up the the prowess of my character/build and seeing how it fairs against this "hard" game. Like you know...an RPG. But the game also scales, so theres that.

however, FROM has a philosophy of limiting your abilities as a player, and boosting up the abilities of the boss and enemies in order for it to stay difficult. Which I don't jive with. Ninja Gaiden, DMC, God of War didn't need to do that to be difficult. They gave you unlimited styles and options and kept you fluid. FROM intentionally keeps things stiff to make it "difficult". and many gamers in 2022 are too young and inexperienced to notice. think about if a gamer is 15 years old, he wasn't even born when DMC 3 came out; only 10 years old a decade after that. So alot of people don't actually know sick combat anymore, and think FROM is the shyt. It's...not.
Souls fans don’t give a fukk about the “story”

Whole point of the game is that it doesn’t waste time with that crap and it’s all about the gameplay and roll playing.

The combat is very different than the action games you mentioned. It is a true RPG. Combat is about strategy and roll playing, not twitch skills with the controller. You can boost your abilities to match or exceed every boss in the game, most of their moves you can do them yourself. It’s all about the strategy you want to bring to the fight.