Elden Ring has lost 50% of it's player base in one month!

triplehate

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ECU
I like the boss battles because they have wild different patterns and the timing of when you would roll in regular games and when you do on here be just different enough to keep it fresh.

I do wish I could just replay them even after I win, like let's run it back you beat me 20 times I beat you one that don't seem fair.

AngryBaby

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Feels better as in quicker/more responsive. Sure I agree with that. As I said they are very different styles of game,

You are fixated on this “feel” argument. Souls is an RPG. Those are action games. Souls controls are deliberate. When you swing you have to commit. You have to manage your stamina. That’s part of the “skill” or “difficulty” of the game.

You have to manage different buffs and affinities etc. Even down to the level design and exploration. There’s so much more going on in a souls game for you to fixate on the fact that the combat isn’t as “fast” as the others. The games are a whole genre apart.

Yet Souls primarily only does combat. Its basically an action game. Its not like its the witcher 3 or something that has varied and interesting quests, narrative, investigations, mini games, and experiences outside of combat.

Combat is souls main thing. Yet souls fans actually knick on the witcher 3 fir combat, while souls does nothing but.

Can you see my frustration in that mentality?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Yet Souls primarily only does combat. Its basically an action game. Its not like its the witcher 3 or something that has varied and interesting quests, narrative, investigations, mini games, and experiences outside of combat.
This isn’t true at all. Only thing souls is missing is cutscenes and mini games.

The action games you mentioned have almost none of this. Just walking down hallways and fighting.

Combat is souls main thing. Yet souls fans actually knick on the witcher 3 fir combat, while souls does nothing but.

Can you see my frustration in that mentality?
Witcher combat and controls are bad compared to any of the games mentioned.

Witcher 3 is one of my favorite games ever and I can admit that.

AngryBaby

All Star
Bushed
Daps
This isn’t true at all. Only thing souls is missing is cutscenes and mini games.

dude, c'mon man. you know damn well FROM games don't have the quests/guilds/ stories/ presentation of stories of the witcher, elder scrolls, mass effect, cyberpunk or many JRPG's.
compared to these games FROM doesn't really do real quests at all. You can't sit here and act like the Dark Brotherhood, the bloody baron, The Hunt from cyberpunk are equal experiences to the "quests" FROM puts out. If I'm talking to someone younger who hasn't experienced or played those things, then this conversation makes alot more sense.

SOULS and FROM, pretty much do combat....in comparison to those games. They aren't the type of dev that will make a quest where you are watching players in a death tournament and you determine who dies on each level of the game (shivering isles had that quest and it was awesome). They aren't going to have you read the emails of abused and manipulated boys who were talking to their captor that was posing as their friend, and try and trace him down (cyberpunk)

I like these things, it's creative and interesting. more interesting than ONLY fighting, which is the only thing you'll do in a FROM game...in comparison.

The action games you mentioned have almost none of this. Just walking down hallways and fighting.

God of war had a progressing and paced story, and the gameplay and levels reflected your adventure lol DMC 3 had a progressing and paced story also lol ninja gaiden and bayonetta's story isn't as strong as the formers; but the combat is so spectacular and you can have it just be about you fighting in sets lol and they aren;t claiming to be RPG's.

whereas SOULS is primarily combat focused despite it being an RPG. and the combat isn't nearly as responsive, fluid as those games. So if FROM isn't doing the storytelling of the witcher, or the quests, or the creative ideas for quests like (older) elder scrolls and the witcher/cyberpunk, and they are primarily doing combat scenarios and enemy design, then shouldn't they be better at it?

Witcher combat and controls are bad compared to any of the games mentioned.

Witcher 3 is one of my favorite games ever and I can admit that.
and again, the witcher is doing alot more and combat isn't the main focus. whereas for FROM software it is.

it's like expecting mass effect 1 to have the combat of gears

or Elder scrolls to have the combat of dishonored or dark messiah (perfect allegory for dark souls actually, dark messiah is basically like souls in the sense it's a combat focused game with RPG stat management.).

those games combat aren't amazing either. hell, JRPG's are turn based, so obviously the appeal is not about the gameplay mechanics

combat isn't the main draw or focus of the witcher 3,mass effect, final fantasy, or elder scrolls....you..do understand that right? you do understand "the game" isn't just always "what action am i doing". or "when do I fight".

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
dude, c'mon man. you know damn well FROM games don't have the quests/guilds/ stories/ presentation of stories of the witcher, elder scrolls, mass effect, cyberpunk or many JRPG's.

It doesn’t have a bunch of cutscenes. But yes the games do have the quests/guilds/lore/story ect other RPGs have. You just have to pay more attention. It’s not set for you in a quest book and an icon on your map. You actually have to do a bit a digging.
compared to these games FROM doesn't really do real quests at all.
I guess they need a cutscene and a map icon to be “real” :mjlol:
You can't sit here and act like the Dark Brotherhood, the bloody baron, The Hunt from cyberpunk are equal experiences to the "quests" FROM puts out. If I'm talking to someone younger who hasn't experienced or played those things, then this conversation makes alot more sense.
No they aren’t “equal” experiences whatever that means. But From games have just as much story and lore as the others. Just gotta do some digging.

SOULS and FROM, pretty much do combat....in comparison to those games. They aren't the type of dev that will make a quest where you are watching players in a death tournament and you determine who dies on each level of the game (shivering isles had that quest and it was awesome). They aren't going to have you read the emails of abused and manipulated boys who were talking to their captor that was posing as their friend, and try and trace him down (cyberpunk)
You are wrong here. It’s funny these are your two examples cause Elden ring has multiple quests like both of these examples.

I like these things, it's creative and interesting. more interesting than ONLY fighting, which is the only thing you'll do in a FROM game...in comparison.
In those games just like Elden ring you get the story explanation, then you go fight someone about it.

Seems you just need a movie for motivation whereas From games story and Lore comes from NPC dialogue and item descriptions. Doesn’t mean it’s not there. It’s just not presented like other games.

God of war had a progressing and paced story, and the gameplay and levels reflected your adventure lol DMC 3 had a progressing and paced story also lol ninja gaiden and bayonetta's story isn't as strong as the formers; but the combat is so spectacular and you can have it just be about you fighting in sets lol and they aren;t claiming to be RPG's.
Souls story and Lore go way deeper than any of those games. People been debating and still finding out new stuff about the souls game’s story and lore for years.

whereas SOULS is primarily combat focused despite it being an RPG. and the combat isn't nearly as responsive, fluid as those games. So if FROM isn't doing the storytelling of the witcher, or the quests, or the creative ideas for quests like (older) elder scrolls and the witcher/cyberpunk, and they are primarily doing combat scenarios and enemy design, then shouldn't they be better at it?
They are better at it :ehh:

and again, the witcher is doing alot more and combat isn't the main focus. whereas for FROM software it is.

it's like expecting mass effect 1 to have the combat of gears

or Elder scrolls to have the combat of dishonored or dark messiah (perfect allegory for dark souls actually, dark messiah is basically like souls in the sense it's a combat focused game with RPG stat management.).

those games combat aren't amazing either. hell, JRPG's are turn based, so obviously the appeal is not about the gameplay mechanics

combat isn't the main draw or focus of the witcher 3,mass effect, final fantasy, or elder scrolls....you..do understand that right? you do understand "the game" isn't just always "what action am i doing". or "when do I fight".
This is what you’ve been doing the whole time, comparing Dark souls combat to action games. :stopitslime:

All of the aforementioned games have strengths and weaknesses. Seems you are just reaching for a way to diminish what souls does to prop up all these other games :smh:[/quote]