Elden Ring has lost 50% of it's player base in one month!

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
I just started playing a week or so ago after finishing Horizon FW this game is dope I’ll be eating off this for the next month.

BUT sorry not sorry this ain’t no masterpiece like I keep hearing :russ:

It’s literally another souls game but open world :mjlol:

Nikka you just described a masterpice.

Mike18jj

Veteran
Daps
This game came with my xbox series X as a bundle extra and I've yet to start play it.

Biblical Goon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A lot of nikkas ain’t built for souls, the first part of the game is always the toughest for people. I quit demon souls all together when it came out and tried dark souls, quit that game and came back almost a year later and had one of the best gaming experiences ever. Beat dark souls and then went back and beat demon souls :yeshrug:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
souls games aren't hard. Its not harder than say super mario 3 or something.

the problem is that its a genre that has its own set of rules that it doesnt hold your hand through for 6 hours. People have been conditioned to having games explain every mechanic to them now and most people that play souls know the language from previous games. Thats why people say this is essentialyl dark souls 4, cause it uses all the same rules.

thats also in combination with the idea that this is a big game, and for as much people whine about open world games being check list and all that a lot of people won't know their head from their ass if you don't deliberately point them in the right direction to progress the game. Then, because they are so conditioned to make constant progress and risk-adverse it stresses them out when a boss feels overly difficult.

the reputation of the series alone is enough to dissuade people into wanting to keep trying not realizing that death is a part of the game. You don't "suck" at the game and it isn't "impossible" if you die 10-15 times, its part of the basic mechanics but most people that aren't prepared for that won't really understand it right away.

thats why sometimes people play like 3-4 souls games and quit and eventually play another one and it clicks. Because they figured something out about the underlying system that makes the game simpler for them so now they go back and play the other games. Once you're made a souls fan theres no coming back, you are locked in for life, your third eye is wide open, you got gud.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Stopped reading right here. Stop the hyperbole. Souls games are NOT easy.

I beat Mario 3 as a 5 year old. I still havent beaten a single souls game :stopitslime:

maybe your skills have regressed :yeshrug:

people played super mario games like 100xs before they beat them, and thats with using whistles and shortcuts. Its the same concept as dark souls, you die, you start over and try again.

fundamentally different then most games these days that are built around the idea of you constantly winning and keeping the pace with the narrative.

cheek100

Truuu
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
ding ding ding.

heard a bunch of bozos who copped it off the hype and knowing the types of games they fukked with, I knew they'd bush it since they said it's "too hard".

Not even a week later, they were back on 2K and GTA. :dead:
That would be me :jawalrus:
Shyt was like 3D chess. My girl laughing at me too.
letters all lil bitty, fights u need damn six fingers and a extra thumb.
The fuk is the “skill” button do anyway?
:hubie: I’m staying in my lane bro bro.

TheAnointedOne

Superstar
Daps
All it took was one YouTube walkthrough for me to see what it was, the breh playing died 8 fukking times in like 8 minutes:picard:.....hard pass.:camby:
I like laughter, fun and enjoyment when I play videogames.

This ain't that:mjlol:

Play nintendo games then. They're the only ones left still making fun shyt.