SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Nope.

Best Spidey movies are still the Sony OGs

and if NWH was ass we know goalposts would be moved.

NWH is border-line ass though. Mid-tier MCU clusterfukk, BECAUSE there had to be so much effort put into finding a way to keep Sony from doing what they've been trying to do since TASM, shoehorn their way into the MCU.

Imagine skipping out on re-treading Jamie Foxx's electro and Lizard and jumping into Norman Osborn coming along and doing what Mysterio set out to do. Instead we have this fun little detour that is now associated with shyt like Morbius.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
MCU mentioned the multi-verse back in the first "Dr. Strange" movie, 2 years before the Spider-Verse movie.

Sony had nothing to do with "NWH", that's like saying if Dr. Strange is in "Venom 3" it's a Marvel movie now.

Saying it's a Sony movie because Sony characters are in it would be like me saying I built a house because I bought the materials.

Feige has been a producer/consultant on like 90% of the Marvel movies, before the MCU even started.

Good or bad, when I say "Marvel movies" I mean movies Marvel Studios had a direct hand in making, from 2008 until now.

I called "Ironman 3" one of the worst movies of all time. It doesn't magically become another studio's movie, because it sucks.

I called "Spider-Verse" a classic. It's a Sony movie, not Marvel.

There is no cherry-picking, I've been very consistent with what I'm saying.

Likewise "Sony let Marvel borrow some characters" doesn't make that a Sony movie, when they had nothing to do with the creative process. By that logic every MCU Spider-Man movie is a Sony movie, because they own the cinematic rights. But nobody in their right mind would argue that, so I don't even know what the disagreement is.

Fred.

It does when those Sony characthers essentially saved the trilogy. Say what you will but alot of people werent happy with the lackluster MCU spiderman after 2 films. Nobody liked Far From Home.People complained about him not acting as Spiderman or Peter would. There was very little excitment about the future of the character until the rumors of Toby and Andrew:wow:

Your being disengenious acting like they were just a little cameo appearance. There were problems and they were used to save the franchise. And the plot is definitely Spiderverse inspired

SunZoo

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
It does when those Sony characthers essentially saved the trilogy. Say what you will but alot of people werent happy with the lackluster MCU spiderman after 2 films. Nobody liked Far From Home.People complained about him not acting as Spiderman or Peter would. There was very little excitment about the future of the character until the rumors of Toby and Andrew:wow:

Your being disengenious acting like they were just a little cameo appearance. There were problems and they were used to save the franchise. And the plot is definitely Spiderverse inspired

Nobody liked Far From Home???????

"Iron man Jr." complaints aside, I think that statement is very hyperbolic. In fact, FFH is THE best live action Spider-man IMO.

FFH = Infinity war
NWH = Endgame, to a lesser extent.

It didn't save the trilogy, at all. What it did was cleverly section off Sony from Marvel proper, which was a waste of time when all they have to do is center their live action stuff around Lord and Millers vision.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

The lack luster MCU Spider-Man movies did $880 million and $1.1 billion, before "NWH". :gucci:

Both were critically acclaimed too.

So I have no idea where "Sony saved the trilogy" came from.

The reason Sony/Marvel is working together is because Sony asked Marvel to help them, not the other way around. Amy Pascal asked Kevin Feige to work with Sony, because they were at a dead end with the character after "ASM2".

He was like "nah, just give us full control" and she agreed. Which is where the Tom Holland trilogy came from.

Spider-Man Producer 'Threw a Sandwich' at Kevin Feige When He First Suggested an MCU Movie - IGN

Fred.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
NWH is border-line ass though. Mid-tier MCU clusterfukk, BECAUSE there had to be so much effort put into finding a way to keep Sony from doing what they've been trying to do since TASM, shoehorn their way into the MCU.

Imagine skipping out on re-treading Jamie Foxx's electro and Lizard and jumping into Norman Osborn coming along and doing what Mysterio set out to do. Instead we have this fun little detour that is now associated with shyt like Morbius.

Tell Disney to fix it and cut the check.

If not, all the bytchin and moaning don't matter.

And like I've said countless times, if yall were in Sony's shoes yall wouldn't sell that IP back either. If it means ass movies then so be it. As long as Spidey is solid. :pachaha:

Dunno why they won't go ahead and stop the bullshyt and give us Miles. Even have him in his own universe...or in Garfield's :sas2:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nobody liked Far From Home???????

"Iron man Jr." complaints aside, I think that statement is very hyperbolic. In fact, FFH is THE best live action Spider-man IMO.

FFH = Infinity war
NWH = Endgame, to a lesser extent.

It didn't save the trilogy, at all. What it did was cleverly section off Sony from Marvel proper, which was a waste of time when all they have to do is center their live action stuff around Lord and Millers vision.

Iron man junior complaints caught steam.Aunt May encouuraging him to be SM. Complaints about the lack of stakes and consequences that define the charscter. Complaints about him not taking "with great power...." seriously. There were plenty of complaints. Of course theres enough MCU loyalist to drown those out. But the noise was out there,and it was all valid.

I give MCU credit for listening. And realizing their little throwback, lighthearted teen comedy was upsetting fans of the character.

They saw people loved Spiderverse unanimously. Some even calling for Miles to takeover. And I guess just by coincidence they rip that storyline of Spiderman mentors for themselves. Had nothing to do with Sonys Into The Spiderverse at all:mjlol:

And they also just happened to clean up all the complaints that yall say nobody had. And i have no clue how you liked Far From Home enough to make that statement. No way Home was pretty good,but it was more nostalgic than anything. And ive heard plenty of remarks of "Andrew stole the show". And people wanting movies of those characters. So they played a big role in people going to the movie. As well as why they liked it. So saying its not a Sony movie is ridiculous. Give credit where its due,i have no problem crediting MCU for basically rebooting the trilogy yall claim everyone loved.

SunZoo

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
The lack luster MCU Spider-Man movies did $880 million and $1.1 billion, before "NWH". :gucci:

Both were critically acclaimed too.

So I have no idea where "Sony saved the trilogy" came from.

The reason Sony/Marvel is working together is because Sony asked Marvel to help them, not the other way around. Amy Pascal asked Kevin Feige to work with Sony, because they were at a dead end with the character after "ASM2".

He was like "nah, just give us full control" and she agreed. Which is where the Tom Holland trilogy came from.

Spider-Man Producer 'Threw a Sandwich' at Kevin Feige When He First Suggested an MCU Movie - IGN

Fred.

Also point up that oh so classic Into the Spider-verse was not a project that the suits at Sony believed in. L&M were left to their own devices and they cranked out a banger.

Instead of following their lead they green light shyt like Morbius, wasting dope Spider-man rogues just to retain the rights. There's ways to keep the IP without making comparison points or outright devaluing it.

Last edited:

SunZoo

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Tell Disney to fix it and cut the check.

If not, all the bytchin and moaning don't matter.

And like I've said countless times, if yall were in Sony's shoes yall wouldn't sell that IP back either. If it means ass movies then so be it. As long as Spidey is solid. :pachaha:

Dunno why they won't go ahead and stop the bullshyt and give us Miles. Even have him in his own universe...or in Garfield's :sas2:

Like I've said coutnless times, they can keep the IP without devaluing it. I have never pushed the idea that they should just forfiet the shyt, no matter how much they annoy me.

Saving Sony: The Web Of Life And Destiny

Sony's live action entries should be centered around L&M's vision which would give it a different flavor, still keep the connective tissue to MCU Spidey and give fans what Marvel CAN'T which is in depth Spider-man lore. What they're doing now, really really sucks.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
what's funny is that there's actually a good story here
basically, the mask gives the family powers and is bestowed upon the youngest when they become a man
Every generation has to fight the supernatural diety that granted them the mask to keep the mask in the family
the problem is that el meurto chickened out when it was his time and his father had to fight the diety again but he died so now el meurto has 20 years to train to fight the diety or he disgraces his family
it has drama, action, and even maintains the family values of Hispanic culture
use rocky as a base and you have a very good film here :ehh:

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My guy @Rekkapryde really tried to claim people were cherry picking for giving marvel studios credit for No Way Home as if he isn’t completely cherry picking it as a “Sony” movie to bolster his point

Its a marvel studios movie, Iv literally never seen anybody claim that as a “Sony” creation

woulda quoted you breh, but quotes aren’t working for me atm for some reason, no disrespect intended :yeshrug:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
My guy @Rekkapryde really tried to claim people were cherry picking for giving marvel studios credit for No Way Home as if he isn’t completely cherry picking it as a “Sony” movie to bolster his point

Its a marvel studios movie, Iv literally never seen anybody claim that as a “Sony” creation

woulda quoted you breh, but quotes aren’t working for me atm for some reason, no disrespect intended :yeshrug:
Nope. Mufukkaz tried to sneak in giving credit to the MCU for Spiderverse.

My point is they’ve made good movies without Marvel studios directly involved. And 3 of the best Marvel films period with no MCU tie ins. If their shytty movies count against them, do the same for the ass MCU joints too.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nope. Mufukkaz tried to sneak in giving credit to the MCU for Spiderverse.

My point is they’ve made good movies without Marvel studios directly involved. And 3 of the best Marvel films period with no MCU tie ins. If their shytty movies count against them, do the same for the ass MCU joints too.

I don’t think many people try to cherry pick or try to give blame to anybody else when marvel drop a dud tho, same way @hex shyt on iron man 3 I’ll happily say that Thor 1 & 2, Ant Man, Hulk & Eternals are all trash