El Muerto Spider-Man Spin-off Coming

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Man what? :gucci:

By what logic was it Sony?

"NWH" entire creative team was Marvel Studios.

Director was Jon Watts, from the previous MCU Spider-Man films.

Writers were Chris McKenna and Erik Sommers, who wrote 3 other MCU movies.

Whole framework of the story (the multi-verse) was set up in the MCU.

Sony just let them use the characters but Marvel did literally all the work.

People seem to forget the crazy backlash Sony got, when they announced they were no longer working with Marvel on these movies.

Fred.

Man we both know that if these Sony Spidey movies had flopped, the narrative would be different :snooze:

Feige was a producer on ASM1, but that don't count.

My point is the cherry picking is hilarious.

No one brings up Thor Dark World, Incredible Hulk, etc when it comes to MCU movies that have been ass/mid.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
They have Spider-Man 2099 right there sitting on their fukking shelf and they're acting like they don't see it.

The streets are yelling, "We will literally give you a lot of money if you make a decent live action Miles Morales Spiderman" and Sony ignores that.

So they go with "El Muerte"? I know a bit about Spiderman and even I had to look this one up. Who the fukk are making these decisions at Sony?
the article states that bad bunny is pulling the whole thing
i firmly believe sony is bullshyting him and entertaining him with this but they don't want to give him 2099 because it has too much potential

Malik1time

What you looking at?
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Man we both know that if these Sony Spidey movies had flopped, the narrative would be different :snooze:

No one brings up Thor Dark World, Incredible Hulk, etc when it comes to MCU movies that have been ass/mid.
Age of ultron is hot garbage:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:
I think most can agree the 1st ultron trailer is one of the best trailer ever made:mjlol::mjlol:
Only for the movie to shyt the bed:mjlol:

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Don't matter if Spidey 1 and 2 are old, they were both the first MEGA hits for Marvel.
Nope, NWH is still Sony. Can't pick and choose for when it counts. :yeshrug:

Both Venoms were hits so just because some thought it was trash, the numbers say otherwise. :yeshrug:
Nah

NWH is MCU

Marvel literally only did this so that Sony can do it's own Spiderman Universe and fukk it up all on their own, ex. MORBIUS

They basically treated Sony like a little brother...go play in the sandbox with the off brand Spiderman toy we let you have while we give the fans the actual Spiderman that is connected to our widely popular and intricately constructed world that will make people continuously go see our movies BECAUSE for the most part they are intricately constructed.

Marvel gets its symbiote and its Peter Parker...Sony gets...whatever it is they seem to want, which is the ability to use all the Spiderman characters they want, and make money until the public treats them just like FOX and they're begging to sell the IP back to Disney 100%.

Always remember those Sony email leaks from a few years ago: these people really and truly don't have a clue and don't have a fukk, as long as the movie makes its money back, they will consider it a success no matter how awful the reviews are and how much it damages the IP.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Nah

NWH is MCU

Marvel literally only did this so that Sony can do it's own Spiderman Universe and fukk it up all on their own, ex. MORBIUS

They basically treated Sony like a little brother...go play in the sandbox with the off brand Spiderman toy we let you have while we give the fans the actual Spiderman that is connected to our widely popular and intricately constructed world that will make people continuously go see our movies BECAUSE for the most part they are intricately constructed

Always remember those Sony email leaks from a few years ago: these people really and truly don't have a clue and don't have a fukk, as long as the movie makes its money back, they will consider it a success no matter how awful the reviews are and how much it damages the IP.

Nope.

Best Spidey movies are still the Sony OGs

and if NWH was ass we know goalposts would be moved.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Man what? :gucci:

By what logic was it Sony?

"NWH" entire creative team was Marvel Studios.

Director was Jon Watts, from the previous MCU Spider-Man films.

Writers were Chris McKenna and Erik Sommers, who wrote 3 other MCU movies.

Whole framework of the story (the multi-verse) was set up in the MCU.

Sony just let them use the characters but Marvel did literally all the work.

People seem to forget the crazy backlash Sony got, when they announced they were no longer working with Marvel on these movies.

Fred.

Its definitely Sony because Andrew Garfield and Toby are why it was such a success:gucci:. Plus they basically ripped the multiverse idea from Into The Spiderverse after seeing the praise and success that got.

Sony alwaye seems to be working with something. But in their eagerness and greed,manage to fukk it up

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Its definitely Sony because Andrew Garfield and Toby are why it was such a success:gucci:. Plus they basically ripped the multiverse idea from Into The Spiderverse after seeing the praise and success that got.

Sony alwaye seems to be working with something. But in their eagerness and greed,manage to fukk it up

MCU mentioned the multi-verse back in the first "Dr. Strange" movie, 2 years before the Spider-Verse movie.

Sony had nothing to do with "NWH", that's like saying if Dr. Strange is in "Venom 3" it's a Marvel movie now.

Saying it's a Sony movie because Sony characters are in it would be like me saying I built a house because I bought the materials.

Feige has been a producer/consultant on like 90% of the Marvel movies, before the MCU even started.

Good or bad, when I say "Marvel movies" I mean movies Marvel Studios had a direct hand in making, from 2008 until now.

I called "Ironman 3" one of the worst movies of all time. It doesn't magically become another studio's movie, because it sucks.

I called "Spider-Verse" a classic. It's a Sony movie, not Marvel.

There is no cherry-picking, I've been very consistent with what I'm saying.

Likewise "Sony let Marvel borrow some characters" doesn't make that a Sony movie, when they had nothing to do with the creative process. By that logic every MCU Spider-Man movie is a Sony movie, because they own the cinematic rights. But nobody in their right mind would argue that, so I don't even know what the disagreement is.

Fred.