El Muerto Spider-Man Spin-off Coming

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sony trolling at this point

“the ip is ours forever, you didn’t like Venom? How bout Madame web?….oh you not enjoying Morbius? Well here’s El Mureto, and you better not complain about it either, before we fukk around and introduce The MCU version of Miles Morales into our Origin movie for The Spot :mjlit:

Last edited:

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
I mean, I doubt I'll see it, but I get the gamble :ld:

You put out the flick with a well known Spanish speaking star in the hopes that even if it isn't that great, the film picks up enough money among the Hispanic community/ South America to become a thing. Bad Bunny has wrestling experience now too.

I highly doubt that this is a character that Marvel would have messed with, but at the very least they would have been smart enough to put him in a show to build up anticipation. Sony could easily put the character in 'Spider-verse 2' though.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Sony is the Go-Bots to MCU's Transformers.

Both took characters nobody gave a fukk about....Sony just cannot seem to stick the landing, though.

Fred.

They also have 4 of the best Marvel Movies ever. (Spidey 1, Spidey 2, Spiderverse, NWH) that some wanna pretend don't exist. :whistle:

Win some, lose some :yeshrug:

this is :mjlol: as fukk tho

Niggthaniel Essex

13th Floor/Growing Old
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
I mean, I doubt I'll see it, but I get the gamble :ld:

You put out the flick with a well known Spanish speaking star in the hopes that even if it isn't that great, the film picks up enough money among the Hispanic community/ South America to become a thing. Bad Bunny has wrestling experience now too.

I highly doubt that this is a character that Marvel would have messed with, but at the very least they would have been smart enough to put him in a show to build up anticipation. Sony could easily put the character in 'Spider-verse 2' though.

Nah man. You have latin characters already known and huge in the comic book world that could do numbers. Spiderman 2099 and Miles Morales already have a fan base that would only grow if they announced a live action movie of either one of them. Nobody, and I mean fukkING NOBODY wants or expect this El Muerte shyt to be anything worthwhile. This shyt sounds like pandering to the highest fukking degree.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Nah man. You have latin characters already known and huge in the comic book world that could do numbers. Spiderman 2099 and Miles Morales already have a fan base that would only grow if they announced a live action movie of either one of them. Nobody, and I mean fukkING NOBODY wants or expect this El Muerte shyt to be anything worthwhile. This shyt sounds like pandering to the highest fukking degree.

Dog - as long as the box office receipts come with enough zeroes on the end, they don't really care how it sounds :hubie:

Cynical - I know - but it's showbusiness we're talking about here :manny:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
They also have 4 of the best Marvel Movies ever. (Spidey 1, Spidey 2, Spiderverse, NWH) that some wanna pretend don't exist. :whistle:

Win some, lose some :yeshrug:

this is :mjlol: as fukk tho

First two movies you mentioned came out 20 years ago and the last one is Marvel, not Sony.

"Spider-Verse" I'll give you, it's a classic.

Aside from that Sony clearly has no idea what the fukk they're doing. Both Venom movies were hits but they were trash. "Morbius" was trash and flopped. I'd be amazed if this does any better.

Fred.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
First two movies you mentioned came out 20 years ago and the last one is Marvel, not Sony.

"Spider-Verse" I'll give you, it's a classic.

Aside from that Sony clearly has no idea what the fukk they're doing. Both Venom movies were hits but they were trash. "Morbius" was trash and flopped. I'd be amazed if this does any better.

Fred.

Don't matter if Spidey 1 and 2 are old, they were both the first MEGA hits for Marvel.
Nope, NWH is still Sony. Can't pick and choose for when it counts. :yeshrug:

Both Venoms were hits so just because some thought it was trash, the numbers say otherwise. :yeshrug:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Don't matter if Spidey 1 and 2 are old, they were both the first MEGA hits for Marvel.
Nope, NWH is still Sony. Can't pick and choose for when it counts. :yeshrug:

Both Venoms were hits so just because some thought it was trash, the numbers say otherwise. :yeshrug:

Man what? :gucci:

By what logic was it Sony?

"NWH" entire creative team was Marvel Studios.

Director was Jon Watts, from the previous MCU Spider-Man films.

Writers were Chris McKenna and Erik Sommers, who wrote 3 other MCU movies.

Whole framework of the story (the multi-verse) was set up in the MCU.

Sony just let them use the characters but Marvel did literally all the work.

People seem to forget the crazy backlash Sony got, when they announced they were no longer working with Marvel on these movies.

Fred.