El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie (Official Thread)

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Breaking Bad without Walter White? I'll likely pass. Never liked Jesse in the first place. If reviews come out and this is a must watch that's different but other than that BB ended in a good place and I'm content leaving it there.

I believe he's in the movie in flashbacks. I do remember some people wondering where Jesse goes from here, so I guess we'll find out :manny:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
He created my fav show ever buy all he's done in the 6 years since is a spin off show and a movie.

I enjoy it all but how long will he keep milking it?

Don't really understand this mind state as Vince Gilligan is actually doing what fans have been begging other creators (David Chase, David Simon, etc.) to do for years.

Fred.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Don't really understand this mind state as Vince Gilligan is actually doing what fans have been begging other creators (David Chase, David Simon, etc.) to do for years.

Fred.
Diving too much into fan service leads to the current state of the film industry.

I love better call saul and i will watch this opening weekend but it will be truly sad if gilligan becomes the TV version of george lucas(minus his involvement with indy)

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Diving too much into fan service leads to the current state of the film industry.

I love better call saul and i will watch this opening weekend but it will be truly sad if gilligan becomes the TV version of george lucas(minus his involvement with indy)

Another :gucci: statement because the current state of the film industry has nothing to do with prestige dramas. "BCS" is one of the most critically acclaimed series on TV....it followed "BB", one of the most critically acclaimed shows in history.

You're acting like "BB" is the OG Star Wars trilogy and "BCS" was received like the prequels. The fact of the matter is nobody has anything bad to say about fan service as long as the quality is there.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I think it's subjective how BCS is viewed. It's not viewed as on the same level as BB. I know lots of people who don't even watch it, who were huge BB fans.

:gucci:

Nobody said it was on the level of "BB".

And nah....it's not really subjective as far as how it's viewed critically.

Better Call Saul - Wikipedia

It's one of the most critically acclaimed shows since it debuted.

As far as your last statement....ok? I know people that never watched "BB", that love "BCS". Anecdotal evidence don't mean much.

Fred.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Another :gucci: statement because the current state of the film industry has nothing to do with prestige dramas. "BCS" is one of the most critically acclaimed series on TV....it followed "BB", one of the most critically acclaimed shows in history.

You're acting like "BB" is the OG Star Wars trilogy and "BCS" was received like the prequels. The fact of the matter is nobody has anything bad to say about fan service as long as the quality is there.

Fred.
You get what i was trying to say breh. Dude is brilliant and it'll be sad if we never get to see him create something new because the industry is so obsessed with IP.. I'm not saying he's fallen off or anything but when it's 2029 and we're getting Walt Jr spinoffs it'll feel :patrice:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
:gucci:

Nobody said it was on the level of "BB".

And nah....it's not really subjective as far as how it's viewed critically.

Better Call Saul - Wikipedia

It's one of the most critically acclaimed shows since it debuted.

As far as your last statement....ok? I know people that never watched "BB", that love "BCS". Anecdotal evidence don't mean much.

Fred.

Better Call Saul is a slower burn but the detail is incredible. I can see maybe some people not getting into it right away but if you're a fan of Breaking Bad it's hard not to like it... it ties in so well. Very well done.

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps

Fred.
The Wire could have kept going.

In fact, Simon said he was going to focus on Hurricane Katrina's impact on Baltimore, including the influx of people relocating there.

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breaking Bad is a top 3 show of all time but this ain’t necessary

I watched Better Call saul for a season and some episodes. Didn’t like it at all. What’s going on in the show?

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
fukk Jesse Pinkman :pacspit:

exactly. dude was beyond unstable. motherfukka had a whole house to himself TWICE and still wasnt happy. Motherfukka was a millionaire simping on junkie females and single moms instead of focusing on business and planning a true escape. Then does stupid shyt like throwing hella bands all over the city and making shyt hotter than it already was. Dude was in Fring's crosshairs more than once and Walt vouched for him because the cook up was a priority. shyt, even Saul (the voice of reason in this show) was damn near a surrogate pops, financial advisor, lawyer and friend to him and he was still in "fukk it" mode. Lazy CAC was never good at shyt until Walt put that battery in him.

Biggest problem was that they had no solid plan before, during and after Fring when the real move shoulda been to stack bread, have Saul move it offshore/wash some of it and then get the fukk out of the country. Jesse was busy being a halfway junkie and simp while Walt was trying to convince himself he was doing right by his family even tho he was catching bodies every other episode.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Lol George Lucas sold toys.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The Wire could have kept going.

In fact, Simon said he was going to focus on Hurricane Katrina's impact on Baltimore, including the influx of people relocating there.

That's what I'm saying man.

Imagine if David Simon came out talking about he's making season 6&7, or a spin off. And people actually responded like :camby: "he's milking it."

shyt is crazy to me. This ain't Michael Bay running the Transformers franchise into the ground. It's some of the best writers, directors, etc. working today....let them cook.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
You get what i was trying to say breh. Dude is brilliant and it'll be sad if we never get to see him create something new because the industry is so obsessed with IP.. I'm not saying he's fallen off or anything but when it's 2029 and we're getting Walt Jr spinoffs it'll feel :patrice:

I get what you're saying to a certain extent but you're wilding bringing someone like George Lucas into it. Who was never that talented to begin with. Major parts of the OG trilogy weren't even his ideas and then he dropped the prequels which were awful.

Vince Gilligan wrote some of the best episodes of the "X-Files" in it's prime. Then went on to create "Breaking Bad". If he wants to play in that universe until he retires he really has nothing to prove to anyone at this point.

And he turned down $75 mill to continue the series:

Breaking Bad Was Offered $75 Million for Three More Episodes

So if he's writing more content, then obviously he has more ideas worth writing. Because any other show runner would've taken the $75 mill and pulled some shyt out of their ass.

Fred.