El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie (Official Thread)

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Diving too much into fan service leads to the current state of the film industry.

I love better call saul and i will watch this opening weekend but it will be truly sad if gilligan becomes the TV version of george lucas(minus his involvement with indy)

Who cares tho?

Like are you salivating for Gilligan to do something new because he's your favorite creative?

Like there are other shows to watch

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
I get what you're saying to a certain extent but you're wilding bringing someone like George Lucas into it. Who was never that talented to begin with. Major parts of the OG trilogy weren't even his ideas and then he dropped the prequels which were awful.

Vince Gilligan wrote some of the best episodes of the "X-Files" in it's prime. Then went on to create "Breaking Bad". If he wants to play in that universe until he retires he really has nothing to prove to anyone at this point.

And he turned down $75 mill to continue the series:

Breaking Bad Was Offered $75 Million for Three More Episodes

So if he's writing more content, then obviously he has more ideas worth writing. Because any other show runner would've taken the $75 mill and pulled some shyt out of their ass.

Fred.

Plus Heorge Lucas did tons of other shyt
Star Wars was a big ass franchise...it didnt fall off because he was doing it too much...it was the quality

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Plus Heorge Lucas did tons of other shyt
Star Wars was a big ass franchise...it didnt fall off because he was doing it too much...it was the quality

Exactly. The Star Wars EU is the definition of "milking it" but it had some of the best stories and characters in the entire franchise.

People only care about quality. That's it.

Fred.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
That's what I'm saying man.

Imagine if David Simon came out talking about he's making season 6&7, or a spin off. And people actually responded like :camby: "he's milking it."

shyt is crazy to me. This ain't Michael Bay running the Transformers franchise into the ground. It's some of the best writers, directors, etc. working today....let them cook.

Fred.
Nah. You got to let shyt die.