Egyptian fencer Nada Hafez reveals she competed in the Olympics while 7 months pregnant

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
No. When my wife was pregnant. They told her she could do all her normal stuff. Not just walking and light exercise. They're not going to recommend high intensity activities, but I've seen plenty of women working out doing regular(not light) exercise. I'm no fencing expert, but that does not look like they're doing anything high intensity and they are heavily protected. At the end of the day your body will tell you what you are capable of especially if you compete at a high level like this lady does. People who work out on a regular basis usually know their limits and body.

You wrote an essay just to agree with me...exactly they wont tell you to do rigorous activities incl an olympic sport cuz its irresponsible.
They told ur wife to do what she was already doing light exercising and walking.

If a woman is doing extrenuous working out at 7 months thats not on her doctor because no doctor would sign off on that....

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
The thing about fencing, it's not an easy sport.

The stamina required is insane, look at how much you're hopping up and down, shifting, transitioning, etc. for 3 minutes at a time. There's a lot of body contact too when two people come forward for the infighting so I'm sure her technique was to try and play defense, counter rather than be aggressive.

Crazy impressive to actually make it that far.

Don't know if it was the right move long term, positive or negative because I'm not a doctor. If anything she's the one who's studying medicine.

Last edited:

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca
You wrote an essay just to agree with me...exactly they wont tell you to do rigorous activities incl an olympic sport cuz its irresponsible.
They told ur wife to do what she was already doing light exercising and walking.

If a woman is doing extrenuous working out at 7 months thats not on her doctor because no doctor would sign off on that....

No I didn't agree with what you said. I said no and told you that they told her she could do all her regular exercising which included running, yoga, and her aerobics class. You didn't even have to read the whole "essay" to know I disagreed with you. You could of read just this part "No. When my wife was pregnant. They told her she could do all her normal stuff. Not just walking and light exercise."

Then you go on to say extraneous working out at 7 months. Nobody said anything about it being ok to do extraneous work outs period. So sit your goofy ass down and learn to read before you reply.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
No I didn't agree with what you said. I said no and told you that they told her she could do all her regular exercising which included running, yoga, and her aerobics class. You didn't even have to read the whole "essay" to know I disagreed with you. You could of read just this part "No. When my wife was pregnant. They told her she could do all her normal stuff. Not just walking and light exercise."

Then you go on to say extraneous working out at 7 months. Nobody said anything about it being ok to do extraneous work outs period. So sit your goofy ass down and learn to read before you reply.

Yoga/aerobics is light exercising...

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Folks not knowing pregnant women with no complications can be active right up to their delivery date is WILD

But you cant do the same things been there breauski,you can be active not like you were at 3 months....

thenatural

Superstar
Daps
I can't be mad at her because I believe Egypt is one of the countries that compensate athletes that medal.

Edit: Just found out she's a doctor. So she definitely knows a lot more about her limitations in that sport. nikkas in here acting like this is some Zorro shyt or she's doing judoka or boxing.