Eddie Murphy's Worst Movie?

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I may have been too young for Bowfinger!

It was 1999 right? I would have been 13. I was watching SNL, saw The Wood, Friday, I feel like I had a pretty mature take on movies, but Bowfinger I don't remember being funny at all.
The humor of Bowfinger was mostly dry sarcastic humor. A lot of inside jokes about the film industry also.

Basically it was more of a Steve Martin movie than an Eddie Murphy movie

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's actually a movie that isn't that bad bro. It was definitely a cash grab but in no way is it worse that Beverly Hills Cop 3. Which is beyond terrible.
Beverly Hills Cop 3 was bad, but at least they tried something different
Another 48 Hours was basically a bland version of the first movie. Eddie Murphy and Nick Nolte were basically phoning in their performances

Daps
I Spy is underrated imo
Eddie: " This looks like a sock. Wait ... this is a sock!"
"Sit your ass down" Eddie pulls up on the plane. "When you get back up. Sit back down!"

And of course the end.

Eddie,"You mean we can float down from the sky like a jelly bird?
Owen Wilson, "Well yes that is the street name for this new chemical we will be using"
Eddie walking out the door .."Hell yeah I want to float like a jelly bird ......."
Owen Wilson to the two agents: "Get a couple of jars of jelly on the plane ........ and two parachutes!" Lol.

OGBobbyJohnson

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Tri State Area
Eddie: " This looks like a sock. Wait ... this is a sock!"
"Sit your ass down" Eddie pulls up on the plane. "When you get back up. Sit back down!"

And of course the end.

Eddie,"You mean we can float down from the sky like a jelly bird?
Owen Wilson, "Well yes that is the street name for this new chemical we will be using"
Eddie walking out the door .."Hell yeah I want to float like a jelly bird ......."
Owen Wilson to the two agents: "Get a couple of jars of jelly on the plane ........ and two parachutes!" Lol.
I’m Kelly Robinson I’m 57-0 baby I’ll kick ya azz baby :mjlol: he was the prequel to money mayweather

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
I saw a lot of the bad ones when I was a kid, because Murphy had the name brand, and we were kids who saw almost every movie we could, this was late 90's

Holy Man
Bowfinger

were two of the top of my head, that I remember even at a young age thinking were just not right. Like we were wanting to laugh but didn't, because we were kids, because it was Eddie, it was a comedy. I also did not think The Nutty Professor 2 was funny at all, and I saw in theaters, but it was kind of a iconic movie in it's time.

Metro was one I liked in 1997. The stretch of movies from 1999 to like 2010 is really hilariously bad,

I Spy
Showtime
Norbit
The Adventures of Pluto Nash
Daddy Day Care
The Haunted Mansion
Dave
Dr Dolittle 2

I saw not one of those.
Ugh how dare you. Kelly Robinson was absolutely hilarious

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
That's actually a movie that isn't that bad bro. It was definitely a cash grab but in no way is it worse that Beverly Hills Cop 3. Which is beyond terrible.

Another 48 Hrs has Walter Hill directing some more nice action sequences (bus scene for example). Also a really good shot when one of the villain falls out of a building on a bunch of water coolers.

That alone puts it above BHC3.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Another 48 Hrs has Walter Hill directing some more nice action sequences (bus scene for example). Also a really good shot when one of the villain falls out of a building on a bunch of water coolers.

That alone puts it above BHC3.
Yeah, it's shot very well period. I heard it got cut down quite a bit by the studio, but it's not a bad flick at all.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
what was his worst movie?

do you unironically enjoy any of his "bad" movies? Vampire In Brooklyn and The Golden Child are pretty wack, but they're fun to watch.

If I had to pick his worst film... I personally would pick Norbit. what about you??

dkrqf8.png
:mjtf:

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I saw a lot of the bad ones when I was a kid, because Murphy had the name brand, and we were kids who saw almost every movie we could, this was late 90's

Holy Man
Bowfinger

were two of the top of my head, that I remember even at a young age thinking were just not right. Like we were wanting to laugh but didn't, because we were kids, because it was Eddie, it was a comedy. I also did not think The Nutty Professor 2 was funny at all, and I saw in theaters, but it was kind of a iconic movie in it's time.

Metro was one I liked in 1997. The stretch of movies from 1999 to like 2010 is really hilariously bad,

I Spy
Showtime
Norbit
The Adventures of Pluto Nash
Daddy Day Care
The Haunted Mansion
Dave
Dr Dolittle 2

I saw not one of those.

Nah Bowfinger is dope/far from terrible. Daddy Day Care is underrated too, I avoided watching that one for years thinking it was wack off top but watched recently after having kids of my own and it's :laff: to me. shyt is spot on.

InGodWeTrust

Tall & Handsome in ATL
Daps
I love Vampire. Personal classic for me :yeshrug:

BHC3 is so bad its good.

Never seen Pluto Nash. Holy Man is holy shyt tho.

JamesJabdi

Superstar
Daps
Vampire in Brooklyn......take one of the most funny guys on earth and strip him of all his charisma/comedy and make him into a overly serious weirdo with an acceent :camby:

Black smoke and cac jokes

Your daps are mine
Daps
Has Eddie ever explained/delved into why he is so fascinated by playing a low self esteem person that society would view as a nerd etc. many of those roles came in the same time period, was it lazy repetitiveness for $ or is Eddie drawn to those kind of characters?