Eddie Murphy's Worst Movie?

Higher Tech

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gary, Indiana
what was his worst movie?

do you unironically enjoy any of his "bad" movies? Vampire In Brooklyn and The Golden Child are pretty wack, but they're fun to watch.

If I had to pick his worst film... I personally would pick Norbit. what about you??

dkrqf8.png
Golden Child is top 5 for me. Worst movie was Pluto Nash to me or 1000 words.

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
Pluto Nash was bad but fun enough for a little kid.

Meet Dave was really hard to get through.

Mr Church is probably a good movie, but they I just couldn’t do serious Eddie. I turned it off.

Edit: A thousand words is what happens when somebody thinks they have a good idea and theres nobody there to tell them no. Why even put Eddie Murphy in a role where he can’t talk.

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
Pluto Nash was bad but fun enough for a little kid.

Meet Dave was really hard to get through.

Mr Church is probably a good movie, but they I just couldn’t do serious Eddie. I turned it off.

Edit: A thousand words is what happens when somebody thinks they have a good idea and theres nobody there to tell them no. Why even put Eddie Murphy in a role where he can’t talk.
that flick pissed me off. had a real 'driving miss daisy' feel to it. ed did a GREAT job with his character, but the movie isn't about mr church, its about a little white girl and her mom dying of cancer. no way in hell would that movie get made if they flipped it and made the family black and mr church white.

...actually that would be kinda dope as a comedy. just roasting the white butlers cooking for 90 mins :heh:

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
I enjoyed this movie, but the Distinguished Gentleman has to be considered as it was the start of Eddie's movie slump.

He really has picked some bad scripts IMO.
To white Hollywood writer types that would be Harlem Nights, that's when they started shytting on Eddie which is why we got Another 48hrs shortly after. White writers even shytted on Boomerang but those movies still made $$$, but you're right with the Distinguished Gentleman being the beginning of the slump especially box office wise.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I saw a lot of the bad ones when I was a kid, because Murphy had the name brand, and we were kids who saw almost every movie we could, this was late 90's

Holy Man
Bowfinger

were two of the top of my head, that I remember even at a young age thinking were just not right. Like we were wanting to laugh but didn't, because we were kids, because it was Eddie, it was a comedy. I also did not think The Nutty Professor 2 was funny at all, and I saw in theaters, but it was kind of a iconic movie in it's time.

Metro was one I liked in 1997. The stretch of movies from 1999 to like 2010 is really hilariously bad,

I Spy
Showtime
Norbit
The Adventures of Pluto Nash
Daddy Day Care
The Haunted Mansion
Dave
Dr Dolittle 2

I saw not one of those.
Bowfinger is hilarious