‘Echo’ | Disney+ | Charlie Cox / Vincent D’Onofrio returning as Daredevil / Kingpin

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Overall - 6/10

Echo's main (cinematic) thing is fighting - From Hawkeye, it made it seem like Echo was Taskmaster Lite (Taskmaster was ruined by Black Widow, and Black Widow been ruined by MCU).

In Hawkeye, she copies her opponent's moves. Cool power since modern cinema has turned every action hero into a 3rd rate Bruce Lee. And with that type of power that could get some nice Shaw Bros level choreography and camera work.

Honestly I could work with that. But at the same time, she's a woman (has 1/2 the upper body strength of a man) and she has one leg. A very smart fight choreographer could make that visually interesting. (There was some obvious points where she's getting manhandled) But there are plenty of One Armed, Deaf, Dumb, Blind martial artists from Shaw n'nem.
She could pull off the boot and let one of them dudes slide into a point stump to his death!

Let's see what dem boys at Mahvel cooked up...

Feige - "SEND IN THE CGI"
Intern - "They're on strike sir"
Feige - "SEND IN THE CGI SCABS!!"

Glowy hands, duplicates, wisdom of the ancestors, cutting checks to other Injuns...

Sonuvabeach...

Echo's Character - She's got a right to be mad. But I'm honestly not sure what she's "working out".

Not messing with her Granny, I get that. I still think that was some BS, and not resolved well. They had a fight, there was a sorry, but I really can't see a grandmother disowning her daughter's child because the dad was in the game.

Not dealing with her bestie? That makes zero sense.

Other Indian Characters - they was alright.
  • Small time hood rollerskating rink owner was whatever.
  • Random white dude working there - huh.
  • Biscuits - didn't care for him at all
  • Granny - don't get her character. She had a right to be mad at Zach "go to Indian guy" Klarn, but that's about it.
  • Grandpa - stock character, but he was at least funny. Still trying to hit that squaw was low key killing me. And running game on them white tourists...

Choctaw Nation - It was cool to see that stuff, like it was to see the NY Indians in the What If Season 2 - and they did link it in at the end - but on the strength, it really felt like that "you need to read a book" style in Lovecraft Country. I have a sense we're gonna get some of that with the new season of True Detective, and I just don't ever see that land well.

The only Edutainment I recognize is from Boogie Down Productions.

Nowadays, one of the problems with introducing non-standard ethnic groups, is that every ethnic group is at one with the universe and nature, always regal and noble. And there's an under current of, not like you white devils, who messed it all up. (Apocalypto is something that went against the grain here)

It isn't fair that the writer/author/creator has to take into account ALL of popular media, but this is one of those things where you do have to remember the audience isn't a blank slate. There was a smidgen of a diff narrative during the mini basket lacrosse game, but that was it.

Kingpin - They needed to establish why Wilson looked at Echo as the daughter he never had, the daughter he could never had. It's sort of implied that he was trying to bring her back into the fold even after he shot his eye out, but she kept trying to kill him, and he kept trying to bring a hug to a knife fight. That's some real love!

Funniest Part of this whole show - 2 random trailer trash chicks acting as muscle to roller skate greaser

WTF?

drederick tatum

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I honestly have no idea what they were thinking. Why spin-off of a show that had mediocre success, with a character that has minimal fans in comics ? No one was asking for this.

Meanwhile the Beta Ray Bill's and Brother Voodoos; characters people want, are no where to be seen

they were thinking shes a gay, disabled, woman of color, checks so many woke boxes they probably busted a woke nut on themselves writing the script .
_6BupE.gif

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
lmao wtf was that last episode? they give her a cool looking native suit, Kingpin fills the place with goons, this is R rated, was expecting a badass 20 minute rampage and instead we got a therapy session with whatever the fukk her powers are :mjlol:

Crazy how Marvel and Disney have no fukking clue how to make TV shows, really not hyped at all for Daredevil.

Also unless I missed some dad talk here or in Hawkeye, I don't get her whole family situation, 1st why does the father take her to NY instead of leaving her with the rest of the family if he knows he is gonna be doing criminal shyt, dude was a POS. But having said that, why did the grandma cut contact with the child? and why did the child ghost her child cousin?

Last edited:
Daps
i like it till the last epsiode and that one drop off a cliff for me,

my wife loved the character and the show

and it was at a 6 or 7 but the last episode

went full disney channel movie

i am fine with echo decding she will not kill , her new suit, and her abilites being changed

but it should been just her in a room with king pin and the rest of the family chainned up.

having grand ma get powers and the same as echo made it to silly for me.

i would been fine if her grand ma like could skin walk and turn herself into a animal to escape or used like mental manipulation or something.

but the fight was cringe

the crazy thing is i like the family - it one of the few times they have a secondary family and actually like them and give a shyt if something happens to them.

Aquax cox is good, she has presences and holds her own with vincent donofrio.

Breh.... I always base how bad a comic book movie is on how much this woman loves it. This woman loved WW84, all the Fox X-Men movies (every single one, even the terrible ones) and she thinks Venom is one of the best superhero movies ever made.

Take from that what you will :pachaha: I'm just telling you how I gauge it.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Is no one in here concerned that @Bryan Danielson came in here on the very first day and then scurried off never to be seen again? :pachaha:

I guess he's the Marvel writer that wrote the part about DD & Echo fighting and then DD just running in the middle of the fight :mjlol:

Na…… per coli…. I’m nothing to be concerned about

Plus it’s NFL playoffs and that’s the most important thing on deck

With that said

Lol

But I thought this was what everyone wanted?

Not too many jokes?

Violence
Blood
Action
Murder
Cursing
Blood

What’s the problem?:mjgrin:

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
This show was trash and I don’t care to ever see Echo again.

King Pin better be in the next Spider-Man movie as mayor tho.
This would be dope. Daredevil has already made an appearance so it would be great to see him show up but actually put in work and be a genuinely dangerous character. I don't know wtf they were thinking putting him in the Hawkeye spinoff getting hoed out by a teenage girl. This is a man that boxed with captain America and gave Spiderman that work. Not a mutant, no super soldier serum, just straight hands. And he's been to jail and took down real killers.

And he gets slapped around by a kid? EMBARASSING. Disney needs to make us forget about that shyt.