Ebony & Ivory with Burning Sage vs. Lucky Charms & Unicorns Colliding on Flat Earth | Official Mavericks (#5) vs. Celtics (#1) 2024 NBA Finals Thread

Who wins it all?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps

Happy for Tatum that he greatly reduced his complaining to officials, it helped him be more mentally focused to help his team. He wised up, unlike Luka

I've noticed that this year also. He did a nice 180, he was on that list of being too bytchy.

Breh just hoop.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
The interesting thing about Luka and the Mavericks is that they were the best defensive team in the 2nd half of the season. Unfortunately for them, they ran into a juggernaut that they just weren’t going to be able to beat even if those role players played above their talent again.

People are going to use that to try and discount the Celtics run, but they were by far the best team in the league all season long so people shouldn’t leave that out when trying that narrative.

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps
God I hate this ESPN theme

ABC/ESPN theme sounds depressing as h e l l

SILVER HAD NOTHING TO
DO WITH BOSTON
BLOWING THE LEAD

:devil:
:evil:

agreed, Boston is known for blowing leads

Good
Get this Detlef Shrempf cac out the game

We wanna see Kyrie

I don't remember Detlef crying like Luka, Luka is better than Detlef, but Detleft wasn't a cry baby

Give Jaylen Brown the Finals MVP

agreed, Jaylen Brown definitely deserves Finals MVP, I don't even look at it like Kidd was trying to play mind games with Boston, I would rather have the ball in Jaylen Brown's hands than Jayson Tatum, no hate.

If Boston keeps this same squad they can win back to back titles, adding Porzingis and Jrue was the ultimate cheat code, Boston is simply too deep for the rest of the NBA. Now it makes sense why Ja Morant said the only team he was worried about was Boston

Theo Penn

on that Earl Stevens wine
Daps
Grant Williams tried to save Luka. Dallas unfairly shipped the gawd away just because he slapped a jelly donut out of Luka’s hand. How dare you question his conditioning!

Fat boy gotta look in the mirror and yell instead of screaming at the refs.

grant-williams-batman-batman.gif

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
That + the refs stopped letting Minnesota play 90s defense in the WCF. Go back and watch that MIN/DEN game one, they were allowed to commit assault. That's why Malone and Murray were ready to crash out :pachaha:
Game 2 was worse IMO, they allowed the Wolves to do whatever they wanted out there

Spence

Superstar
Daps
The interesting thing about Luka and the Mavericks is that they were the best defensive team in the 2nd half of the season. Unfortunately for them, they ran into a juggernaut that they just weren’t going to be able to beat even if those role players played above their talent again.

People are going to use that to try and discount the Celtics run, but they were by far the best team in the league all season long so people shouldn’t leave that out when trying that narrative.
OKC was better during the regular season, inexperience exposed them in the playoffs.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
OKC was better during the regular season, inexperience exposed them in the playoffs.
The Celtics were a top 3 team on offense and defense during the regular season and had a much better record than everyone else. Not to mention they made more three pointers than everyone else in the league while shooting a high clip at it.

They were the better team over everyone else.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
The Celtics were a top 2 team on offense and defense during the regular season and had a much better record than everyone else.

They were the better team over everyone else.
There’s zero denying they were going to be a problem coming out of the East. The only team that could’ve gave them a series I think was OKC as long as Porzingis stayed hurt, if he’s healthy through a series nobody is beating them this year