Ebony & Ivory with Burning Sage vs. Lucky Charms & Unicorns Colliding on Flat Earth | Official Mavericks (#5) vs. Celtics (#1) 2024 NBA Finals Thread

Who wins it all?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He got torched by Jimmy in the playoffs last season and on top of that since both Giannis & Middleton couldn’t stay on the court at the same time in the playoffs, he had too much responsibility on offense and the results weren’t good. With the Celtics he gets to be a low usage player that can pick his spots

I do wonder if the Bucks still make that trade if they know Portland flips him to Boston

Probably not. I think the Bucks GM knew that the window to win titles with their current core was getting short(Middleton having trouble staying healthy, Lopez getting old, etc) so they wanted to do something, but Jrue going to the Celtics has to be a nightmare for them

How come Giannas didn’t want Jrue anymore?

Bucks didnt even make it to Boston. nikkas aint even make it to rd 2 for the 2nd year in a row. Giannis aint even make it to round 1. They got way bigger issues than Jrue ending up in Boston.

If you can get Dame for Jrue you make that trade. Jrue is not equipped to be a running mate. Milwaukee suffers the same fate with him there...just like last year. He is more than qualified to be a 3rd or 4th option that gets to focus on defense. Thats actually the perfect rolr for him, especially at his age. Any of the final four from last year add him alone for the song that Boston did and they are probably here (barring injury of course). Then you add Porzingis.

Point is we cant start this "why did Milwaukee trade/give up on Jrue?" narrative like Milwaukee wasnt trading for Dame or as if Jrue is being asked to do what he was being asked to do in Milwaukee.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Bucks didnt even make it to Boston. nikkas aint even make it to rd 2 for the 2nd year in a row. Giannis aint even make it to round 1. They got way bigger issues than Jrue ending up in Boston.

If you can get Dame for Jrue you make that trade. Jrue is not equipped to be a running mate. Milwaukee suffers the same fate with him there...just like last year. He is more than qualified to be a 3rd or 4th option that gets to focus on defense. Thats actually the perfect rolr for him, especially at his age. Any of the final four from last year add him alone for the song that Boston did and they are probably here (barring injury of course). Then you add Porzingis.

Point is we cant start this "why did Milwaukee trade/give up on Jrue?" narrative like Milwaukee wasnt trading for Dame or as if Jrue is being asked to do what he was being asked to do in Milwaukee.

But that’s exactly the point. They made the trade just to end up in the same position and in the process made the team they were trying to compete with better.

I don’t think it was a bad decision to try to make the trade but I also don’t think questioning whether they would have second thoughts in hindsight is too far fetched either

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
Yeah I questioned if Milwaukee still makes the Jrue/Dame deal knowing he eventually goes to Boston during the regular season. Coming off that Heat series last year I could see why they'd want to but how it ended up turning out is the worst possible outcome for them. Milwaukee somehow ended up with the short end of the stick by helping their main EC rival twofold because Jrue has nowhere near the level of responsibility he had with the Bucks.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But that’s exactly the point. They made the trade just to end up in the same position and in the process made the team they were trying to compete with better.

I don’t think it was a bad decision to try to make the trade but I also don’t think questioning whether they would have second thoughts in hindsight is too far fetched either
We also cant forget Miami was the frontrunner for Dame. So that move was also made in part to keep him from the squad that had just embarrassed them. With Dame they probably arent in the playin...Jimmy doesnt get hurt in the playin and who knows what they do. Then its "how could you let Jrue Holiday hold up a Dame trade?" :heh: This thing could be flipped any way based on the result.

Through a schadenfreude lens I can see it. But I dont see how you are even tripping when you couldnt even get there. Like if MIL gets to the ECF and Jrue clamps Dame thats one thing. But when things are as messy as they are looking for MIL right now I don't see how you could even begin to look elsewhere. But maybe thats just me and how I view things :manny:.

Raquinotj

#NBATwitter #NBAReddit #6ixRings #PatsNation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of champions BAWSTON
He inherited the team from Ime… So call Ime the best coach

Joe has them playing a whole different offense, the best efficiency in NBA history plus they’re #2 on defense. Mazzulla coaches nothing like Ime.

People like to discredit Joe because he has a great team but Ime had a great team as well.

Last edited:

Superstar
Daps

Jrue and the Celtics are perfect for each other. They don’t have to constantly lean on him to produce offensively, him being hot is a plus. They’re probably the most balanced, deep team in the league.

White’s talent/skill/experience is enough, but Jrue’s talent/skill/experience shoring up the backcourt makes them nightmare to deal with.

White and Jrue are like having two the same player. Both plug holes, cover the teams backcourt weaknesses while also adjusting to compliment each others games.

They allow KP, Brown, and Tatum to basically do whatever the fukk they want without having to worry so much and the little things, plus second and third chances. All they have to do is work on their assignment a little and get buckets because everybody is able to cover each other in some way.

Dallas winning this is a miracle waiting to happen, but I’m still feeling like Joe Mazzula will end this season as the youngest head coach to win the chip.