Ebony & Ivory with Burning Sage vs. Lucky Charms & Unicorns Colliding on Flat Earth | Official Mavericks (#5) vs. Celtics (#1) 2024 NBA Finals Thread

Who wins it all?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Tatum will have to find his shot in Dallas because Kyrie and the "others" will play well at home. This series isn't over. Plus we don't know what's going on with KP>
If Dallas doesn't stop the dribble drive then this one is over. Boston ball handlers are getting both feet in the lane on drives, with Dallas defenders failing to make them turn even one time. They can count on Boston having another bad shooting night. Tatum is overdue to shoot much better.

Last edited:

Guess Who

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wolves did this and got cooked, Celtics are playing them straight up and it looked like both were gonna go off in the first half. Boston trapped Luka a few times in the 2nd half and let the supporting cast cook. They just not good enough to will Dallas into a win.
Boston always has an extra defender shading over when Luka has the ball. As soon as he gets to the FT line the help in the paint is showing and the other guys are jumping the passing lanes, forcing Luka into tough jumpers. They were falling in the first half but disappeared in the second.

Boston’s defence isn’t getting enough recognition this series. Despite Luka’s numbers they have completely shut down what makes him dangerous. Kyrie, too, obviously.

Marlow Stanfield

Superstar
Daps
Boston did not play their best and still got the W. They kept their composure and didn't get flustered on defense.

Don't know where Kyrie was tonight. He just can't play in Boston, I guess.

This is the best Dallas has played against Boston and they still couldn't pull out the win. If I am them, I wouldn't expect the team that is undefeated on the road this playoffs to get rattled in Dallas and have a repeat of tonight. Not gonna happen.

2 down... 2 to go!

LET'S GO CELTICS!!!

Mike18jj

Veteran
Daps
Of course it matters.

Kyrie is averaging 14 points on 35% shooting and hasn't hit a single 3.

Do you think this will happen/continue in Dallas?
My point being I think even if Kyrie has big games in both games 3 and 4 it still won't be enough. Dallas role players should step up at home, but Tatum has shot bad and I expect him to shake back to match Jaylen's performance.

Raquinotj

#NBATwitter #NBAReddit #6ixRings #PatsNation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of champions BAWSTON
You think The Mavs are going to continue to shoot 25% or below from the 3 in Dallas?

Celtics are the best 3 point shooting team in the NBA. That’s a battle Dallas don’t wanna get into. They can put 5 guys who can lit you up from 3 the entire game.

JarrodG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston
Wolves did this and got cooked, Celtics are playing them straight up and it looked like both were gonna go off in the first half. Boston trapped Luka a few times in the 2nd half and let the supporting cast cook. They just not good enough to will Dallas into a win.

The thing is the Cs can actually score. You can't hide Kyire or Luka on defense

Hollywood Co

Primetime Reppin
Daps
Reppin
Eastside Atl -
Celtics played very mid and still basically toyed with Dallas. Dallas just isn't built to challenge this team...

Right

Celtics got an answer for everything a team like Dallas can throw at them and it's mainly because of their defense. They have 5 top tier defenders starting. No shot is easy and no matter how many Luka hit in the 1st, you could tell he had to work for almost every bucket and the Celtics have the luxury of being able change defensive looks on Kyrie and Luka so they're never able to get in a true rhythm.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Celtics are the best 3 point shooting team in the NBA. That’s a battle Dallas don’t wanna get into. They can put 5 guys who can lit you up from 3 the entire game.

That isn't what I asked you.

Are The Mavs are going to continue to shoot 25% or below from the 3 in Dallas? Yes or no?