Eboni K. Williams back on her fukkery

High Art

đź‘‘King of The Salonđź‘‘
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself and my own.
Good video. Also, the school to prison pipeline that has been shown to target black men should be accounted for as well. All too often, it is dressed up as black men being lazy or something silly.

Ebony is actually 100% right. If anyone went to college especially at a HBCU that's probably the only time you're going to be surrounded by beautiful black people from all over the world. future black professionals. CEO, Doctors, lawyers, accountants. And she's right about a woman's market value going down later in your 30s. Think about it that's why you see women like Ebony talking about having a date a bus driver. That's why you see Tyler Perry telling women they need to lower their standards. Well guess what? If you found your husband in college you wouldn't have to worry about that. I guarantee most of these women now in their 30s and 40s that are trying to date probably regret not putting more effort into finding a husband in college cuz now it's way harder dating once college is over. God forbid you live in a White City like Minneapolis or Milwaukee or Seattle where there aren't as many black professionals. So now you're forced to date outside of your race. There's no reason you got fine women like Scotty Beam, Angela Yee, Ebony K Williams, Angela Rye are unmarried.
You made some good points. To be fair though, Scotty has shown some self-hating tendencies, Yee is Yee, and Eboni is all kinds of screwed up. Rye is the only normal one really and even then, she seems high-strung at times. That may wear on a breh (or anyone really) fast.

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
Good video. Also, the school to prison pipeline that has been shown to target black men should be accounted for as well. All too often, it is dressed up as black men being lazy or something silly.

You made some good points. To be fair though, Scotty has shown some self-hating tendencies, Yee is Yee, and Eboni is all kinds of screwed up. Rye is the only normal one really and even then, she seems high-strung at times. That may wear on a breh (or anyone really) fast.
I don't even know how the conversation went left from Ebony's advice about women's market value to who looks attractive.

FluffyEyes

Mrs. Boss Lady
Daps
Who are these young women supposed to be marrying?? Are their counterparts even actively looking to be married??

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ebony is actually 100% right. If anyone went to college especially at a HBCU that's probably the only time you're going to be surrounded by beautiful black people from all over the world. future black professionals. CEO, Doctors, lawyers, accountants. And she's right about a woman's market value going down later in your 30s. Think about it that's why you see women like Ebony talking about having a date a bus driver. That's why you see Tyler Perry telling women they need to lower their standards. Well guess what? If you found your husband in college you wouldn't have to worry about that. I guarantee most of these women now in their 30s and 40s that are trying to date probably regret not putting more effort into finding a husband in college cuz now it's way harder dating once college is over. God forbid you live in a White City like Minneapolis or Milwaukee or Seattle where there aren't as many black professionals. So now you're forced to date outside of your race. There's no reason you got fine women like Scotty Beam, Angela Yee, Ebony K Williams, Angela Rye are unmarried.

This is the exact reason why marriages are failing so much

People are thinking an arrangement is Love.

This shiit is sad

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
This is how a lot of sorority women are.

They were indoctrinated from a young age.
I have said this shyt up and down this forum since I got on here.

Black families do not tell their daughters to find a husband; they tell their daughters to get an education because that husband might leave you.

Granted we all know women who have been left, but the emphasis hasn’t been on finding the right kind of guy, as opposed to fearing abuse and divorce.

Even the men in my family are all about women shooting for high paying careers before marriage.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
Who are these young women supposed to be marrying?? Are their counterparts even actively looking to be married??
That is a VERY valid question. Looking back, I’ll admit the same way “nice girls” got overlooked is the same way girls may have overlooked the nice guys who may have wanted to build. A lot of us aren’t taught what to go for and when.

I won’t front- looking back one of my girls was def frustrated with the dating pool and she went 5-6yrs older. White dude made her a stay at home wife 🤷🏾‍♀️
But a capable breh could do it, too. The difference was her mother was on her back about it so she put the focus on finding a hubby. If you’re folks didn’t put that pressure on you then you didn’t take it as seriously.

This shyt really boils down to family/community structure and involvement.

We need more young women who are taught to avoid the time-wasters and more young men who are taught to pursue the skills/education that will prepare them to be heads of household at a younger age.

Young people of other races are ready before we are.

Young Black girls (like all races) have the opportunity to see who is serious about them, regardless of race, and the best place to do that is a college campus.

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
giphy.webp

You nikkas just be typing shyt

3:30

Thread Killer
Daps
Reppin
3:30
I don't even know how the conversation went left from Ebony's advice about women's market value to who looks attractive.

being a well known bachelorette is never a goodthing

thats why the smarter ones who play this same game attach themselves to a big name of the opposite sex

what that means in this superficial world is ,

the finer you are , the more you can get away with …

aka use better looking women as examples next time

FluffyEyes

Mrs. Boss Lady
Daps
That is a VERY valid question. Looking back, I’ll admit the same way “nice girls” got overlooked is the same way girls may have overlooked the nice guys who may have wanted to build. A lot of us aren’t taught what to go for and when.

I won’t front- looking back one of my girls was def frustrated with the dating pool and she went 5-6yrs older. White dude made her a stay at home wife 🤷🏾‍♀️
But a capable breh could do it, too. The difference was her mother was on her back about it so she put the focus on finding a hubby. If you’re folks didn’t put that pressure on you then you didn’t take it as seriously.

This shyt really boils down to family/community structure and involvement.

We need more young women who are taught to avoid the time-wasters and more young men who are taught to pursue the skills/education that will prepare them to be heads of household at a younger age.

Young people of other races are ready before we are.

Young Black girls (like all races) have the opportunity to see who is serious about them, regardless of race, and the best place to do that is a college campus.

I'm gonna be honest, I just think those days are over. College aged men have not been looking to be married or tied down and young women are following their lead. Ppl are just gonna have to get in where they fit in at this point.

I won't lie I find this current obsession with romantic relationships to be a bit much. It rules discourse nowadays and it's a little ridiculous.

Mindfield333

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NC
Most white women get married at 26.
Most Black women, if they do marry - and most of them do not, do so at 30.

Class issue. Marriage is lower amongst those of a lower financial class

Daps
this only makes sense if your self-worth/esteem revolves around how the opposite sex views you. as i get older, my friendships/family relationships grow deeper, my ygs get deeper, my money grows longer, my brand grows bigger, my wisdom grows, etc. but i'm supposed to be sad because there are allegedly less dikks to fukk? lol

tldr: ulive4bytchesnblunts

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
I'm gonna be honest, I just think those days are over. College aged men have not been looking to be married or tied down and young women are following their lead. Ppl are just gonna have to get in where they fit in at this point.

I won't lie I find this current obsession with romantic relationships to be a bit much. It rules discourse nowadays and it's a little ridiculous.
If you haven't found your mate in college and this is for men and women. It's only gonna get harder. You end up settling for people with over 100 k miles on em, dating out your race, even the girl at Mcdonalds start looking good. I actually am going to encourage my kids to find their mates in college. I just think its the best place to meet someone who can match you financially and build something. I think people need to be like Lavar Ball. Now I don't agree with dating white women. But Lavar had a vision. He wanted to build an athletic family and he did that.