Dealbreaker

• Total voters

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
One can have power and still behave irresponsibly, such as having the power to make children and being irresponsible by knowing theyre automatically stuck with their daily burden and still not taking their own provisions to potentially have them with a man who may or not be interested in taking care of them.
Corrected for you. And as I promised;

I'm not doing this with you.

Power and responsibility go together.

My next reply will say the same until you get tired

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
@OfTheCross @Matt504 We discussed black earnings in the HL sever last month @Serious, not sure if you saw that. It left me floored. I think this convo has to be framed a certain way because nearly half of working-age black people make less than 30k sooooo :francis:. Is this simply “broke boi/chick” behavior or is something bigger going on? Here are some excerpts from an article Matt posted:

Also, the trending poverty rate for black Americans vs other ethnic groups, 1959-2019:

image0.jpg

If you're making less than 30k you're probably only working a PT job.

MarcMan

Superstar
Daps
To be honest, most men making solid money (80k+) aren't tripping if the woman is attractive inside and out but makes 30k.

Plus there is a major difference between a daycare worker doing the work because she loves working with children and a lady working the Wendy's drive through for 10+ years cause she can't be bothered to learn anything new

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I’m also assuming for the purposes of the thread that “dating” refers to a long term relationship and not a casual relationship.

I’m hard pressed to think the Coli of all places would be a place where a guy making around 6 figures is open to covering the costs of a woman making 30K with all that comes with a long term relationship.

Last edited:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
To be honest, most men making solid money (80k+) aren't tripping if the woman is attractive inside and out but makes 30k.

Plus there is a major difference between a daycare worker doing the work because she loves working with children and a lady working the Wendy's drive through for 10+ years cause she can't be bothered to learn anything new
Good point.
I’m also assuming for the purposes of the thread that “dating” refers to a long term relationship and not a casual relationship.

I’m hard pressed to think the Coli of all places would be a place where a guy making around 6 figures is open to covering the costs of a woman making 30K with all that comes with a long terms relationship.
I’d say for long term, but imo it’s just as risky to be casual with someone making that much because one slip up and you’re permanently attached to them.

I think the next thread should be how many people are comfortable supporting their entire family(wife and kids)on their salary.

And if they are, do they still prefer their wife to work at some point after having kids to help contribute again.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Good point.

I’d say for long term, but imo it’s just as risky to be casual with someone making that much because one slip up and you’re permanently attached to them.

I think the next thread should be how many people are comfortable supporting their entire family(wife and kids)on their salary.

And if they are, do they still prefer their wife to work at some point after having kids to help contribute again.
I don’t disagree and even “casual” you probably have levels of interest and access to things. So yes if you literally just sleep with them at their your or your place it will come up at some point because those situations don’t happen that often or for that long in reality.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Corrected for you. And as I promised;

I'm not doing this with you.

Power and responsibility go together.

My next reply will say the same until you get tired
Lol you didn’t correct anything. You added your irresponsible based logic to the end. If you have a problem being responsible, don’t put yourself in a place of irresponsibility like having unprotected sex.

Women have way more support than men do because y’all don’t care about anyone not even one another. This impacts you as a group. The black male homeless rate is increasing.

Even if a teenage girl gets pregnant they can attend pregnancy schools that provide childcare and access to jobs training. When is the last time you saw something like that for teenage boy parents? Black women are black men’s ONLY allies and y’all fukking that up daily. Good luck.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
When I was in my last year of college I quit my part-time job and went to a job fair looking for work. The job fair was pretty much only fast food, warehouse work, data entry stuff, and etc.

I talked to one guy that was there for the state and told him my major and he handed me some papers. I went through them and they only had civil engineering positions, I went for mechanical engineering. The one position had a salary of 34k and I think it required 2 years of experience but I might be remembering wrong. For comparison the job I got when I graduated college I was making almost twice that.

It wouldn't surprise me if people are underpaid and making less than 30k when they should be make more. My mom was a programmer for the state for over 20 years and I don't think she's ever made over 45k. My dad was a programming manager for another part of the state and I was making more then he did.

boriquaking

In Sauce We Trust!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Big Gete Star
99% of people making 30k live with roommates or have no car.

I say that all to say, while that is okay a certain age, you can expects girl to want to settle down with you if that’s all you’re bringing home.