Earning less than 30k is a deal breaker for a 3rd of Daters

Dealbreaker

• Total voters

concise

Veteran
Daps
I legit known dudes who were making that much and they still had no problems dating at all, granted their women didn’t look anything special but still. :manny:

Brehs on here need to hit the inflation calculator.

The value of $30k in January of 2020 was equivalent to $34,515.16 in December of 2022.

Y'all need to realize that the value of these dollars keeps on decreasing with time and adjust your thinking ASAP.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They're the main ones fukking because they need that change. They just need to be take agency of contraception.
Men fukking broke women should take agency! They have the most to lose. :russ: Stop trying to convince women you don’t want kids while fukking raw. It’s no longer believable.

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
@OfTheCross @Matt504 We discussed black earnings in the HL sever last month @Serious, not sure if you saw that. It left me floored. I think this convo has to be framed a certain way because nearly half of working-age black people make less than 30k sooooo :francis:. Is this simply “broke boi/chick” behavior or is something bigger going on? Here are some excerpts from an article Matt posted:
The annual median wage of all U.S. workers is about $42,000, 43% of Black workers earn less than $30,000 per year, highlighting how they are overrepresented in low-paying jobs.
The median Black household has a net worth of about $24,000, or about one-eighth the figure of $188,000 for white households.
“Shockingly, the percentage of Black American homeownership is lower today in America than when the Fair Housing Act was passed more than 50 years ago,” stated President Joe Biden at speech commemorating the 100th anniversary of the massacre of Blacks in Tulsa, Okla.

Also, the trending poverty rate for black Americans vs other ethnic groups, 1959-2019:

image0.jpg

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Funny thing about it is I got the most p*ssy when I was making under 30k :ohhh:
Same here.

Focus was getting p*ssy, now its about making more money and less headaches.

Also consider this it's nothing at 21 to drive to the LBC to smash a chick, coming from the valley, on a Wednesday night.

Now even though, I wfh, I ain't doing that shyt.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
@OfTheCross @Matt504 We discussed black earnings in the HL sever last month @Serious, not sure if you saw that. It left me floored. I think this convo has to be framed a certain way because nearly half of working-age black people make less than 30k sooooo :francis:. Is this simply “broke boi/chick” behavior or is something bigger going on? Here are some excerpts from an article Matt posted:

Also, the trending poverty rate for black Americans vs other ethnic groups, 1959-2019:

image0.jpg
That's what I trying get at.

Something isn't adding up here. :patrice:

Because most black people in the US, don't make north of 50k, let alone, 30K, which is at least $15 an hour, yet on the coli, everyone is somehow thumbing their nose up. :patrice:

Arizax2

All Star
Daps
Most jobs around me pays $18/hr which is almost 38k. These are warehouse gigs that only need a HS education. Some are up to around 22/hr which is 46k. I don't get why people still working at retail and fast food spots making little money.

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
Same here.

Focus was getting p*ssy, now its about making more money and less headaches.

Also consider this it's nothing at 21 to drive to the LBC to smash a chick, coming from the valley, on a Wednesday night.

Now even though, I wfh, I ain't doing that shyt.
:usure: I’m not even going to go there. I’m willing to consider there’s a certain type of person who seeks out a forum in 2023 (a bit technically inclined) so there could be some self selection bias to account for. But yea it is curious that everyone here owns a yacht and Bentley :mjlol:.

Even before I finished school, just working a dead end job, I made more than 30k. It doesn’t make sense and one of the things Cross suggested is that it’s because people aren’t working full time or are underemployed. Another thing to consider is that we’re overrepresented in certain industry/sectors.

concise

Veteran
Daps
That's what I trying get at.

Something isn't adding up here. :patrice:

Because most black people in the US, don't make north of 50k, let alone, 30K, which is at least $15 an hour, yet on the coli, everyone is somehow thumbing their nose up. :patrice:

30k as a fulltime salary is less than 15 an hr

15 an hr for fulltime hrs is 31k