Dealbreaker

• Total voters

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Lol you didn’t correct anything. You added your irresponsible based logic to the end. If you have a problem being responsible, don’t put yourself in a place of irresponsibility like having unprotected sex.

Women have way more support than men do because y’all don’t care about anyone not even one another. This impacts you as a group. The black male homeless rate is increasing.

Even if a teenage girl gets pregnant they can attend pregnancy schools that provide childcare and access to jobs training. When is the last time you saw something like that for teenage boy parents? Black women are black men’s ONLY allies and y’all fukking that up daily. Good luck.
I did correct something. I correctly placed men and women as equals as generations of women have asked.

Now, again:

I'm not doing this with you.

Power and responsibility go together.

My next reply will say the same until you get tired

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If you making less than 30k dating shouldn’t be a priority. Go ahead and get that IT Cert, College Degree or trade school certification king.
Facts. When I was making 12.50 an hour, I still loved women, but I felt like a bum. I wasnt going to date the type of women that a man making that kind of money will usually get.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All I know is, if you're high income and black and your goal is to date/marry black, inevitably
you will deal with someone lower income. Which is why I said earlier in this thread that I try to be
considerate of everyone's situation HOWEVER what I've found is there are many people who ARE
NOT making the necessary changes to get to where they need to get to.

I've dated LVNs, Property Managers, Cashiers, Teachers etc.
Many of them are not cracking $50K or they're making more but not
cracking $70K. And there has been a certain thing I've noticed among all of them:

1. They often live a bit of a lie. Their social media will show "success" but their
reality is student loans, car debt, credit card debt and career stagnation. Living in
apartments they cannot afford. Going on trips they cannot afford. Making extravagant
debt fueled purchases and so on.

2. They often ARE NOT in the middle of making the necessary changes to get to the next
level. The LVN's aren't moving to get their RN(AA) or BSN in Nursing. Property Managers are
not seeking to gain more employment to earn a higher wage. The teachers are stuck at the Elementary
school level and so on. Some of this is early career (which is fine) other things are NOT buckling
down and doing what needs to be done (WHICH IS NOT FINE).

3, Decisions earlier in life have impacted them in their mid-20s/ early 30s which have now enlightened
them to the importance of delayed gratification and skilling up. Many of them are either single mothers
OR they CHOSE to leave the nest to quickly, two things which can make attaining a higher education
or even certifications in certain things HARD AS fukk.

There can be nuance to this thread man, myself and anyone else earning $80K+ in this thread IS NOT
being some boujie a$$hole when we're trying to be discerning when choosing life partners, we're just
being realistic man. Some people and how they live their lives tell you EVERYTHING.

*****Im only speaking from my male perspective but I'm certain this also applies to Black Men.
This is not "Gendered" nor is it "Race", this is a CLASS issue.

Last edited:

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
No, not a deal breaker, I expect myself paying for everything anyway.

What's more important is that they have hard goals in place.

Ɀoᥱɣ

All Star
Daps
Yes it's a deal breaker for me personally because I was raised not to deal with bums + my standards are pretty high though I can meet them myself.

Even though:

A. I realize that for my age it's gonna be kinda hard to find someone legally making the same as me **I do not make a set amount but I usually make +/- $70,000/yr, and

B. I am willing to compromise if they are working towards a serious goal such as going to medical school or working towards a career job, otherwise if they are just content with working at Amazon warehouse forever then:camby:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Yes it's a deal breaker for me personally because I was raised not to deal with bums + my standards are pretty high though I can meet them myself.

Even though:

A. I realize that for my age it's gonna be kinda hard to find someone legally making the same as me **I do not make a set amount but I usually make +/- $70,000/yr, and

B. I am willing to compromise if they are working towards a serious goal such as going to medical school or working towards a career job, otherwise if they are just content with working at Amazon warehouse forever then:camby:

You never answeres my question the other day in that thread.....

But I do see your point

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps

Aint the average black woman making 36k-38k? and the black man making 41k?

I mean 30k for a 20 something year old is ok. Teachers may make a bit more. But black folks are not making money like that, the majority of black folks.

Only 4% of women make over 100k, 4% of ALL women.

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
All I know is, if you're high income and black and your goal is to date/marry black, inevitably
you will deal with someone lower income. Which is why I said earlier in this thread that I try to be
considerate of everyone's situation HOWEVER what I've found is there are many people who ARE

cracking $70K. And there has been a certain thing I've noticed among all of them:

1. They often live a bit of a lie. Their social media will show "success" but their
reality is student loans, car debt, credit card debt and career stagnation. Living in
apartments they cannot afford. Going on trips they cannot afford. Making extravagant

2. They often ARE NOT in the middle of making the necessary changes to get to the next
level. The LVN's aren't moving to get their RN(AA) or BSN in Nursing. Property Managers are
not seeking to gain more employment to earn a higher wage. The teachers are stuck at the Elementary
school level and so on. Some of this is early career (which is fine) other things are NOT buckling

3, Decisions earlier in life have impacted them in their mid-20s/ early 30s which have now enlightened
them to the importance of delayed gratification and skilling up. Many of them are either single mothers
OR they CHOSE to leave the nest to quickly, two things which can make attaining a higher education

There can be nuance to this thread man, myself and anyone else earning $80K+ in this thread IS NOT
being some boujie a$$hole when we're trying to be discerning when choosing life partners, we're just
being realistic man. Some people and how they live their lives tell you EVERYTHING.

*****Im only speaking from my male perspective but I'm certain this also applies to Black Men.

I looked up the stats on income within our community black and it really opened my eyes to our income wages.

9% black women earn 75k
17% black women earn 50k add them together and that gives you only 26% (1/4) of black women who make over 50k or more in the U.S.

74% of black women make less than 50k in this country, and the average black women makes again like 36k-38k. The average black man makes 42k give or take. We are not balling as a people and combined incomes was how our most of our grandparents, mama and daddies made it in their time.

Folks, women, especially our black women, think that one income shyt is cool, but if you're not making enough money for 2 incomes, things will get harder the older you get.

Also, with the college degrees that black women pursue, those degrees don't equate to big salaries like the degrees that you may get from going in STEM.
A bunch of humanities degrees, and other useless degrees have most black women under the 50k mark.

Black men, only 12%-15% makes over 75k and only 8% of black men make over 100k. The number drops the higher you go up in salary.

Sooner or later, we will come to realize that we will need each other to survive.

V Skyye

All Star
Daps

This is why the expectation to “build” with someone else is risky. If you get married and they decide they’re good with where they are you’re fukked.

And situations like this really aren’t anyone’s fault. But it’s hard to be with someone who has different standard of living expectations and lower career aspirations.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits

Not a single lie told. This is exactly why dating is hard.

Because them not pushing for more pay or something greater can also be somewhat of a red flag, in regards to their habits / ambitions.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits

Aint the average black woman making 36k-38k? and the black man making 41k?

I mean 30k for a 20 something year old is ok. Teachers may make a bit more. But black folks are not making money like that, the majority of black folks.

Only 4% of women make over 100k, 4% of ALL women.
The article says 30k but I’m in LA, so 30k is like 50k.

My personal preference is that a partner makes at least 65-75ish.