EARLY BUZZ: 'Dawn of The Planet Of The Apes'..."BRILLIANT"..."MASTERPIECE"..."NEXT LEVEL"

selam

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Here's the problem . . Hollywood missed a great opportunity to educate the masses with a single line of script. Humans ARE apes, the fact that people don't understand this as common sense is almost as bad as when Americans don't realize that there's 50 states

Also Koba committed a false flag attack to rally his people to war

Being: Existing in a certain state. A particular state or condition. If the state changes so does the being....

I am that I am...A monkey ain't a human being breh :datazz:

Mac Casper

@adonnis - pull up, there's refreshments
Daps
Reppin
Love
Being: Existing in a certain state. A particular state or condition. If the state changes so does the being....

I am that I am...A monkey ain't a human being breh :datazz:

First of all . . apes aren't monkeys . . however they are both primates

Secondly, there are four great apes . . that includes gorillas, chimpanzees (plus bonobos), orangutans and humans . . you are not void of the animal kingdom, sorry

selam

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
First of all . . apes aren't monkeys . . however they are both primates

Secondly, there are four great apes . . that includes gorillas, chimpanzees (plus bonobos), orangutans and humans . . you are not void of the animal kingdom, sorry

You're right. But just because we are classified into certain groups by scientists, it does not mean that is what we are.

The classification system you are referring to began in the 1700s, as a way of simplifying living beings into concepts that are easier for scientists to group and understand. As a result they aren't and can't be a reflection of life itself. They are the result and reflection of the man that came up with them. He arbitrarily decided what qualities he wanted to look at and compare....

What if he decided to look at things at the atomic level...Literally everything would be the same. What if he decided to group objects based on physical features like, facial structure, or shapes of different body parts....Everything would be different.

But in the end...we are what we are. The classification system is great for research....but that's where it stops. :yeshrug:

radio rahiem

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mount Vernon, NY via Trinidad & Tobago
Here's the problem . . Hollywood missed a great opportunity to educate the masses with a single line of script. Humans ARE apes, the fact that people don't understand this as common sense is almost as bad as when Americans don't realize that there's 50 states

Also Koba committed a false flag attack to rally his people to war
I see where you coming from, but that line wasn't meant to be educational. its just a one-liner. besides that, we all know the science behind primates, at least I hope we do.

Mac Casper

Daps
Reppin
Love
I see where you coming from, but that line wasn't meant to be educational. its just a one-liner. besides that, we all know the science behind primates, at least I hope we do.

That line isn't in the movie . . what I was saying was that it should be because that single line could educate many people

Mac Casper

Daps
Reppin
Love
You're right. But just because we are classified into certain groups by scientists, it does not mean that is what we are.

The classification system you are referring to began in the 1700s, as a way of simplifying living beings into concepts that are easier for scientists to group and understand. As a result they aren't and can't be a reflection of life itself. They are the result and reflection of the man that came up with them. He arbitrarily decided what qualities he wanted to look at and compare....

What if he decided to look at things at the atomic level...Literally everything would be the same. What if he decided to group objects based on physical features like, facial structure, or shapes of different body parts....Everything would be different.

But in the end...we are what we are. The classification system is great for research....but that's where it stops. :yeshrug:

Are you kidding me . . are you actually arguing that despite the fact you are aware that this is our rightful classification among the animal kingdom that we are somehow not apart of it? Like you've evolved past the ape classification? over 98 percent of your DNA is shared with chimps that's still not enough for you, what the fukk do you think you are? your own classification or you're a fukkkin demi-god . . are you kidding me?

selam

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Are you kidding me . . are you actually arguing that despite the fact you are aware that this is our rightful classification among the animal kingdom that we are somehow not apart of it? Like you've evolved past the ape classification? over 98 percent of your DNA is shared with chimps that's still not enough for you, what the fukk do you think you are? your own classification or you're a fukkkin demi-god . . are you kidding me?

What I am saying is that I could come up with my own system of classification and it would be equally valid. May not be as widely accepted, but equally valid. We choose to accept this classification system for now, because it allows groups of scientists to communicate and understand each other. If every researcher came up with his own system of classification...communication wouldn't be possible. It would be like me and you coming up with our own definitions for each word that we use.

I don't need to tell you a man and an ape are two different beings.... you already know this. But we are taught to accept symbols as reality...And through the manipulation of symbols, our reality is controlled. No symbol... not matter how well constructed... can contain reality itself.

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
What I am saying is that I could come up with my own system of classification and it would be equally valid. May not be as widely accepted, but equally valid. We choose to accept this classification system for now, because it allows groups of scientists to communicate and understand each other. If every researcher came up with his own system of classification...communication wouldn't be possible. It would be like me and you coming up with our own definitions for each word that we use.

I don't need to tell you a man and an ape are two different beings.... you already know this. But we are taught to accept symbols as reality...And through the manipulation of symbols, our reality is controlled. No symbol... not matter how well constructed... can contain reality itself.
breh the classification system has been refined by fossil records and comparing DNA :wtf:

How would your's be just as valid with no fossil record or DNA evidence? :mindblown:

selam

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
breh the classification system has been refined by fossil records and comparing DNA :wtf:

How would your's be just as valid with no fossil record or DNA evidence? :mindblown:

The fact that it can be refined alone... should tell you that it is not fact. It is not law. It is the best that we have for now. How do we know we aren't missing the biggest piece. How do know we started the refining process in the right place. How is it scientific to take leaps of faith. The universe is governed by laws. Physics deals with physical LAWS....But biology is exempt?

...My system would be as valid, because both systems would be equally as false...not based in law.

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
The fact that it can be refined alone... should tell you then at it is not fact. It is not law. It is the best that we have for now. How do we know we aren't missing the biggest piece. How do know we started the refining process in the right place. How is it scientific to take leaps of faith. The universe is governed by laws. Physics deals with physical LAWS....But biology is exempt?

...My system would be as valid, because both systems would be equally as false...not based in law.
it's science breh. we use the best current theory as we gather more data :wtf:

No one's saying it won't get refined more or that it's perfect.

NOTHING in science is perfect breh, that's the point, the pursuit of knowledge.

Even what gravity actually is has been refined from what Einstein thought recently.

There are demonstrable similarities in both DNA and fossil record that have lead scientists to believe they have a basic understand of the branching lineages of certain species (primates and monkeys included)

It's not perfect though and they will tell you that as well. But they have the best evidence available as of now. So if you have a better theory than them gather evidence and write a peer reviewed paper and continue to do so until it is accepted amongst the scientific community.

Until then I'm going to follow the current categories

selam

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it's science breh. we use the best current theory as we gather more data :wtf:

No one's saying it won't get refined more or that it's perfect.

NOTHING in science is perfect breh, that's the point, the pursuit of knowledge.

Even what gravity actually is has been refined from what Einstein thought recently.

There are demonstrable similarities in both DNA and fossil record that have lead scientists to believe they have a basic understand of the branching lineages of certain species (primates and monkeys included)

It's not perfect though and they will tell you that as well. But they have the best evidence available as of now. So if you have a better theory than them gather evidence and write a peer reviewed paper and continue to do so until it is accepted amongst the scientific community.

Until then I'm going to follow the current categories

Stick to what you know breh...That's all I'm saying. What you KNOW. Facts. Laws. Truths. Knowledge is always imperfect and dependent on time. Laws are not. If I do this... this WILL happen... Right now or 10,000 years from now. This is law...this is true science.

The thing is this type of understanding...threatens the system. I don't need a Harvard professor to tell me his theories... Just keen observation skills....The ability to see what is right in front me. The ability to see what is....An apple falls off of a tree and hits the ground...no need to theorize...that is.

Mac Casper

Daps
Reppin
Love

No, you couldn't . . and no it wouldn't. I'm going to go before you begin to make the same argument in regards to words

selam

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I
No, you couldn't . . and no it wouldn't. I'm going to go before you begin to make the same argument in regards to words

Just in general breh...don't take anything at face value. No matter who it is coming from. If someone tries to explain to something to you that they don't fully understand...you are going to understand it less than them. When someone truly understands something... that person is able to make complex subjects simple....not easy, but simple. The truth is simple...not easy...simple. Law is simple....

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Just saw the movie. Koba had the right idea. Humans can't even co-exist with humans. We could never co-exist with another intelligent species.