EARLY BUZZ: 'Dawn of The Planet Of The Apes'..."BRILLIANT"..."MASTERPIECE"..."NEXT LEVEL"

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
@MartyMcFly where's your review breh?
jTM8ag64IK6xr.png

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'll still rank Cap 2 above this because my expectation were real low for that flick and it blew me away. With DOTPOTA I was initially upset that the original director left the movie but I knew the same writers were involved so my expectations were still high. This movie didn't disappoint but there was some slow parts. DVD/BR will definitely be in my collection like the first movie.

My thoughts exactly.I saw a late showing, so the first 30 minutes was a snooze fest to me.

Overall, I thought it was a good flick, but Cap 2 still holds the crown

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Someone that haven't seen the movie yet.... :sas1::sas2:

Nah, haven't seen it yet (today that changes), but I have been watching the OG movies on blu ray which is what I was talking about. Instead of heeding the warning of Cornelius and Zira, man went and pretty much destroyed themselves anyway. Dr. Zaius had every right to be scared of Taylor's arrival. :wow:

McTwerk

Dreams and Nightmares
Daps
Reppin
In the Cloud
Saw this shyt tonight. @McTwerk saw that shyt too.

I can't lie, the sheer anticipation of a angry ass test ape rolling up hundreds deep, riding a horse with two automatic weapons on a dilapidated post apocalyptic section of down town San Fran had me giggling like I was 10 again.

Movie was excellent.

Movie was so excellent, I can't wait for that shyt to happen in real life! :blessed:

@Listen You know you want to wake up to some hyper smart apes on horses too:sas2:

McTwerk

Dreams and Nightmares
Daps
Reppin
In the Cloud
You gotta know where to hide your face when you're performing techniques. Its common for a human being to gouge at the face when being choked out. Please start taking BJJ so you can know how to properly defend yourself. Having a thick neck does not protect the arteries in your neck from being squeezed until the blood stops going to your brain friend. These are blood chokes not air chokes.

I hit a monkey with one of these then its lights out like he didnt pay his bills, friend.

How you gonna do that when a chimp ripped your arms off before the fight even started? :usure:

Your BJJ is on some:hamster: status in the world of the wild bro.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My thoughts exactly.I saw a late showing, so the first 30 minutes was a snooze fest to me.

Overall, I thought it was a good flick, but Cap 2 still holds the crown

Making a complaint like that suggests you only care for action over actual character development and story. How they introduced us to this new, yet still primitive Ape civilization had me like :ohhh:. The main complaint I had with Winter Soldier was the weakness of the story itself as well as the lack of emotional investment of the characters along with Winter Soldier himself underused, and antagonists being weak as hell. I didn't feel the threat and circumstances our heroes had to endure, just Captain America and crew kickin' azz the entire time. That's cool, but I want that emotional factor connected with their motivation.

Dawn gave us all of that. So, the 1st 30 minutes or so, I respected, because you really got to see how close Caesar and Koba were until MAN reintroduced themselves into their lives.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah, haven't seen it yet (today that changes), but I have been watching the OG movies on blu ray which is what I was talking about. Instead of heeding the warning of Cornelius and Zira, man went and pretty much destroyed themselves anyway. Dr. Zaius had every right to be scared of Taylor's arrival. :wow:

Dr. Zaius is right to an extent, and not at all trying to spoil what happens in "Dawn", but with the OG film, one of the major disputes is heavily implied fact that Dr. Zaius' account based on Ape Law is pure revisionist history and was serving as a criticism towards people who blindly believe word for word the Holy Bible which we know is inaccurate as fucck in its telling of history. With that said, Dr. Zaius DID have every right to still not trust Taylor.