Eagles Fly South to get Baked | Philadelphia Eagles @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1/15/2024)

mikishere

#byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
This, I just don't get...

He was superb with Steichen. Johnson comes in an the playbook is just EXTRA vanilla, to the point that teams no the plays based on formation. They have been getting blitz for the last 4 or 5 weeks with no adjustment. On top of that, Hurts WANTS to throw more in the middle of the field, but the offensive brain trust won't do it

I truly don't think he is to blame for this bullshyt. If Steichen was still here we are not having this discussion and that's a FACT!

i always agreed with most of this, but even with the vanilla playbook and scheme, i've seen tons of times all year where jalen had a wide open man on 3rd and whatever and dude isn't seeing the field or going through his reads at the speed needed in the NFL level, then we punt. Steichen is 10x the playcaller and OC that BJ is, but either way at the end of the day hurts still regressed as a pure quarterback. who knows how we would look into the 2nd year of steichen (who also didnt use motion) when teams have a season worth of tape on us, although i also agree that it wouldn't have been as bad as it looks with BJ.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
The '20 Steelers went from 11-0 to 12-5, going 1-5 down the stretch, the '23 Eagles went from 10-1 to 11-7, going 1-6 down the stretch...

But the '20 Steelers weren't in the Super Bowl the previous year. And the '20 Steelers didn't choke the division away. And the '20 Steelers were blown out in 3 of their 5 losses (60%), compared to the '23 Beagles getting blown out in 4 of the 6 losses down the stretch (5 of the 7 losses overall)...

Historic in-season meltdown...

Phitz

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hurts looking like Shaduer Sanders with the collapsing pocket every play

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
pause-champ.gif

Let that man cook:youngsabo:

mikishere

#byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I watch Brock Purdy and routinely see him deliver the ball well before players are out of their breaks or when they have a defender within a yard of them.

I forgot who mentioned it earlier this season, but some of this feels like early career McNabb. He has to see the guy open before he throws it more often than not. At least that's how it's been this season.

agreed with the 2nd part. but the amount of WIDE OPEN with no defenders in sight shyt i've seen in that niners offense all year, i'll agree to disagree there :hubie:

DeuceZ

Li pitit gason
Daps
Reppin
3rd Rock From the Sun
The '20 Steelers went from 11-0 to 12-5, going 1-5 down the stretch, the '23 Eagles went from 10-1 to 11-7, going 1-6 down the stretch...

But the '20 Steelers weren't in the Super Bowl the previous year. And the '20 Steelers didn't choke the division away. And the '20 Steelers were blown out in 3 of their 5 losses (60%), compared to the '23 Beagles getting blown out in 4 of the 6 losses down the stretch (5 of the 7 losses overall)...

Historic in-season meltdown...

That steelers season meltdown was :damn: i was mad as fck

Guess there's always next year :mjcry: