EA College Football 25 is here! :blessed:

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Need some defensive help brehs, In an online dynasty playing as Notre Dame, got blown out by f*ckin Boise last night. I mostly go by coach suggestions but for some reason cannot stop short passes and got ran over for almost 200 yards in the first half.

The coaches don't know shyt about football

YOGEBEAR09

RAM Gang. Horns up
Daps
Reppin
Knickstape and dem Rams
If you're playing a person and they used Boise state, most likely they know exploits in the game. I would just mix in some blitzes with press man coverage and underneath selected, user a safety and hope for the best. Amd only use nickel or dime coverage

Nah, their mentality changes with underneath too. I want them to continue to play corner routes, but be aggressive on short shyt without playing the flats
They ain't gonna be able to play both, you shade underneath they gonna play underneath, can't do that if you wanna stop corner routes. Can't have both

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
If you're playing a person and they used Boise state, most likely they know exploits in the game. I would just mix in some blitzes with press man coverage and underneath selected, user a safety and hope for the best. Amd only use nickel or dime coverage
It was the computer but I took the advice here and did better in an another offline dynasty. Hardest part about playing defense to me is no huddle situations and setting up individual assignments.

Mikeatris

Supreme Mathematik
Daps
Reppin
My City
Control either or LBs or S and manually take away some of the short stuff over the middle. This causes the QB to either look to the other routes or try to break out of the pockets and has lead to my team getting sacks more oftne. Also pick plays by formation and it allows you change what shell you come out in. Doing that lead to me getting picks more often as it seems to confuse the QBs and they'll hold the ball longer in the pocket which has lead to more sacks as well. For the run game controlling my linebackers has helped plug gaps.
This. I play LB and even though they might not be as fast, you don't need to be. Play a defense in which the over the top is covered, like a Tampa 2 so you don't have to worry about the deep pass. When they hike the ball I usually being the LB down just a bit to play the run. If they pass then I pull back and play one of the receivers going across the middle. I always put pressure on the QB so if two receivers are going across the middle, then the pressure will make him make errand throws. I usually always play contain just in case they scramble. If they scramble across the middle, then that is where my LB will pick him up. Heisman is not too hard if you know how to contain the QB and cover the field.

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
See they released a small update and now you can edit jersey numbers for non NIL players.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
The In-game sim engine needs to be studied. I'm beating Georgia, 35-7 at half so I Play the Moments the rest of the way. 4th Quarter the score is now 35-38 :martin: Apparently my QB threw two pick sixes and they had two 50+ yard TDs on the ground in the span of 5 mins :duck:

Last edited:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I was playing a game against somebody in my league, gave up two pick sixes off the CPU jumping an option pass where my WRs whiffed on their blocks even though I had two on one out there. Then as I was driving to tie the game with a minute and a half to go fumbled on the 3 yard line. I was ready to lose it.

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
People in H2H are so lazy, many players call the same play every time on defense no matter what.

My last few opponents each had a fav play:

Nickle Blitz 3
WS Blitz 3
Cover 3 Match

All easy wins but it dumbs the game down to a rock/paper/scissors match where your opp chooses scissors every time.