EA College Football 25 is here! :blessed:

br82186

Superstar
Daps
Madden always has the arcade option, but outside of putting up 100pts and throwing for 700yds it's still a dead atmosphere.
True, but you fcck that notion up by saying you're the official simulation game of the NFL and parrot that in most of your adverts.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Laugh at me all you want to, but my laziness has been hurting my team. Usually if there was a big ratings gap I just started the higher rated player. I had an 88 overall C and he just kept getting blown by on pass protection. Checked his stats and his damn pass block was 67. He has a 99 on pass block power but a 57 for pass block finesse and a 69 run block finesse. His backup that's an 81 beat him in all those categories and had overall higher run block and pass block. No clue had the lower rated guy is rated so far behind.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Laugh at me all you want to, but my laziness has been hurting my team. Usually if there was a big ratings gap I just started the higher rated player. I had an 88 overall C and he just kept getting blown by on pass protection. Checked his stats and his damn pass block was 67. He has a 99 on pass block power but a 57 for pass block finesse and a 69 run block finesse. His backup that's an 81 beat him in all those categories and had overall higher run block and pass block. No clue had the lower rated guy is rated so far behind.
This is something I had to realize weeks ago because my high overall OL's were getting smoked by bum teams and I realized that the only type of onlinemen that I wanted were "pass protectors" the "power" guys and the "agile" guys have too many holes....I usually move those low finess pass blockers to center because a lot of interior linemen aren't good at finess rushing....but it seems weird as a design feature to have guys that are able to have high ass overalls on the line with such a glaring and important weakness in their games

YOGEBEAR09

RAM Gang. Horns up
Daps
Reppin
Knickstape and dem Rams
Another thing I dont like on D is if u have a defense thats suppose to cover corner routes, but you select the underneath option pre snap, they will automatically change to cover the flats. Leaving corner routes wide open
That's exactly what it's supposed to do if you shade underneath, they play underneath in the flats :dahell:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Sound like you playing match
Yeah I've gotten to the point where I check the top left corner to make sure I'm not running match coverage because it's so broken in this game. The biggest thing that happens to me is that if my CB is in match coverage and they have the deep zone assignment, they'll come up and try to jam the receiver and won't have enough time to get back to their zone assignment so will get beat deep as hell every time.

YOGEBEAR09

RAM Gang. Horns up
Daps
Reppin
Knickstape and dem Rams
Yeah I've gotten to the point where I check the top left corner to make sure I'm not running match coverage because it's so broken in this game. The biggest thing that happens to me is that if my CB is in match coverage and they have the deep zone assignment, they'll come up and try to jam the receiver and won't have enough time to get back to their zone assignment so will get beat deep as hell every time.
Sound like you might be picking a cover 3 match press play, you can back up the dbs individually if you know the quick adjustments, also match is broken in certain instances but I bet most of yall be playing match and have no understanding on how it's supposed to work so yall end up getting beat

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Need some defensive help brehs, In an online dynasty playing as Notre Dame, got blown out by f*ckin Boise last night. I mostly go by coach suggestions but for some reason cannot stop short passes and got ran over for almost 200 yards in the first half.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Need some defensive help brehs, In an online dynasty playing as Notre Dame, got blown out by f*ckin Boise last night. I mostly go by coach suggestions but for some reason cannot stop short passes and got ran over for almost 200 yards in the first half.
Control either or LBs or S and manually take away some of the short stuff over the middle. This causes the QB to either look to the other routes or try to break out of the pockets and has lead to my team getting sacks more oftne. Also pick plays by formation and it allows you change what shell you come out in. Doing that lead to me getting picks more often as it seems to confuse the QBs and they'll hold the ball longer in the pocket which has lead to more sacks as well. For the run game controlling my linebackers has helped plug gaps.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
If you're playing a person and they used Boise state, most likely they know exploits in the game. I would just mix in some blitzes with press man coverage and underneath selected, user a safety and hope for the best. Amd only use nickel or dime coverage

That's exactly what it's supposed to do if you shade underneath, they play underneath in the flats :dahell:
Nah, their mentality changes with underneath too. I want them to continue to play corner routes, but be aggressive on short shyt without playing the flats

Last edited: