E3 is trash time to let this thing go.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Crying to see startfield and elden ring for years you finally see it and its not enough, there was a ton of indie games and other things shown as well.

Not enough.

I feel like botw2, metroid, bayonetta and the final 2 smash characters can be shown tomorrow and people still won't be happy.

Over all it's a certain crowd that's "unsatisfied with E3".

Literally say some of the best looking next gen graphics the past few days at E3... But I guess since it wasn't a exclusive tech demo it doesn't hit the same.

We really didnt see starfield though, we saw a more “in-engine footage” of a guy sitting in a damn ship. There’s indies and games i want, but this is the start of a new console gen, people want more than low-poly and pixelated indie games.

This weekend was about people deciding on if they should make a “next gen” jump now or wait, and everything said, “wait”

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
We really didnt see starfield though, we saw a more “in-engine footage” of a guy sitting in a damn ship. There’s indies and games i want, but this is the start of a new console gen, people want more than low-poly and pixelated indie games.

This weekend was about people deciding on if they should make a “next gen” jump now or wait, and everything said, “wait”
Jump into what? You can barely even get a console this year on either side.
Also people just wanted footage of starfield, and getting in game footage is wayyyy better than just straight a cg trailer.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
Back in the old days, Video Games were still a niche past time for kids. With something so niche, you need conventions for that. However Video Games are now a big deal, and while I think its necessary for small studios to get exposure, the industry has become too big for E3 itself. Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo can hold their own conferences.

While E3 is not totally dead yet, there is no going back to the old days.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Back in the old days, Video Games were still a niche past time for kids. With something so niche, you need conventions for that. However Video Games are now a big deal, and while I think its necessary for small studios to get exposure, the industry has become too big for E3 itself. Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo can hold their own conferences.

While E3 is not totally dead yet, there is no going back to the old days.

And most of us couldn’t afford most of the shyt they showed at E3 when it was on still on G4 so every thing was more hype.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
E3 is dead and we killed it. There was a time where this conference was private and we found out about the new games through magazines and word of mouth. Nowadays, gamers are so goddamn entitled to see every game before it hits the market, companies take advantage of this fact by putting on a bullshyt CGI show and hide the negatives, and the friggin leaks ends up killing the entire vibe of E3.

The last time E3 was actually popping was during the shytshow that was E3 2013:francis:.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
You not a gamer if you didn’t find a bunch of stuff to be excited about at the conference.

No one show is gonna have it all, but don’t matter what type of game you like there should have been plenty to be excited about at E3

I think you weirdos just like to complain :manny:

Nah the shyt was definitely wack this year compared to the other E3's :francis: stop trying to hype it up, shyt was trash.....

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I kind of just think the game awards kind of stole its thunder. It brought prestige to gaming outside of being a nerdy sub culture thing.

On top of the general entertainment of an awards show you get the big trailers. I think the format of e3 just doesn’t work anymore

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
A lot of platforms, a lot of developers big and small, and a lot of same genres re-packaged so this was inevitable.

The industry needs to go back to playable demos and less reliance on the audiences of reviewers and streamers.

E3 needs to go back to its big coin-op arcade feel and move away from the showcases.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
A lot of platforms, a lot of developers big and small, and a lot of same genres re-packaged so this was inevitable.

The industry needs to go back to playable demos and less reliance on the audiences of reviewers and streamers.

E3 needs to go back to its big coin-op arcade feel and move away from the showcases.

They were also a private event until recently so it was still mostly media giving their takes

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
The novelty of a game being revealed has worn off.

We see everything on Twitter. E3 been dead before the PS4 was revealed. Internet is too strong.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Microsoft had one of the best showings in years, everything else was trash.

Alot of good exclusives coming to Series X/S, and gamepass looks like such a ridiculously good deal that I don't understand how it could possibly be profitable.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The novelty of a game being revealed has worn off.

We see everything LEAKED on Twitter. E3 been dead before the PS4 was revealed. Internet is too strong.

It’s the insider culture thats killing it. people like Jeff grubb, and tom warren, Schreier and all these other clout chasers leaking entire conferences like they’re on payroll is what kills the momentum.

If these guys werent yapping for weeks about what is and isn’t gonna be at xbox conference it would have been a lot more exciting. Then they get your hopes up with bad info telling you so and so and then it doesn’t happen.

Grubb honestly got on the internet and told the entire world starfield was gonna not only be fully shown at e3 this year but that microsoft was gonna try and release it by the end of the year.

I remember when Final Fantasy 7 Remake was revealed it was a complete surprise to me and it felt like a dream. Now if anything like that gets announced now it would have been leaked in detail weeks before.

Thats why I’m kind of glad sony doesn’t have a bunch of people leaking shyt every week on their games.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
So far if this had been the Geoff Keighly summer games fest on june 7th and xbox direct on june 13th, we have the same exact month we’ve had game discussion wise. E3 literally contributed nothing to any of this.

This entire e3 has purely been about the microsoft conference

Capcom was not needed, they showed the same stuff two weeks ago. Devolver digital just felt like one big improv-SNL skit about games, gearbox was one long BTS look into the borderlands movie, Ubisoft just debuted a teaser for a trailer that appear at the xbox conference, and idk what the fukk that square enix thing was about.