Which Conference Are You Most Excited For?

• EA

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Microsoft

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Bethesda

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • PC Gaming Show

• Ubisoft

• Sony

Votes: 20 66.7%
  • Nintendo

Votes: 5 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Basically The Xbox can't win this generation because they already lost but since they got tricked into thinking they need a more powerful machine they forgot to think What good games will run on this thing? Kinda like the Windows 10 App Store huh horse power with no horse food
They can't win this gen, agreed.

But they can still be dedicated to giving their base a stronger future to avoid complete obscurity.

If they come through with some more games ( exclusive multiplayer hopefully) AND a mid generation upgrade than that's a good gesture to their base.

At the end of the day they can either close to shop(why would they?) Or continue to at least repair the good will with those who've remained team Xbox... It's not like there are only 7 nikkas in the world with an Xbox

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Breh, let's be honest, most of the people who left Xbox to go.Ps4 wasn't because of Uncharted...

It was because the tweeted "specs battle" and the awkward contradictions in their conference about digital licensing.

People want their superhero would have more coolness factor than the other guys.

The meme culture, clear Sony power superiority and what people determined as the"cool" console is what made most brehs jump.

Even though most visuals would be negligible... nikkas WANT to be able to pump their chest about their system.

The Scorpio allows brehs to not suck their teeth when those IGN frame rate and graphics comparisons are shown for games.

It's simple as that.

Not trying to trivialize the other variables but we are w trying to be objective here.
Nah, people left because it was $499 and was focused on TV and multimedia while talking about games secondly. PS4 was $400 and was more powerful so it made the X1 look even weirder being $100 pricier.

Dotcom

OnAComUP
Daps
Nah, people left because it was $499 and was focused on TV and multimedia while talking about games secondly. PS4 was $400 and was more powerful so it made the X1 look even weirder being $100 pricier.
It was the future of Webtv
I don't understand why people think M$ is brilliant minded people .. clearly they're not the most contested minds pulling together ... it's either left or right never in the same direction

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Not everyone going outta their way to spend $499 for a game console tho man...:dahell: Everyone here KNOWS that...
What I'm saying is that extra $100 ain't shyt when you think about it. If you're willing to spend $400 especially. If it was an extra $200 maybe I could see balking at it. Regular people could go out to a bar or the dinner and a movie and blow $100 easy in one night and not even notice with nothing to show for it.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Nah, people left because it was $499 and was focused on TV and multimedia while talking about games secondly. PS4 was $400 and was more powerful so it made the X1 look even weirder.
It was because the way they presented it was awkward and clumsy...

It became trendy to make the X1 the butt of jokes and consumers follow that more than flashy commercials.

Just be the edgier console and wow the internets and they'll be alright.

Marketing mattered way more than people are giving it credit for.

If there was a unified PC gaming hub that decided to commercially push PC gaming and went at Xbox and PS4 on a funny condescending tip during Superbowl and other big league marketing... casuals would jump ship to PC with the quickness.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
What I'm saying is that extra $100 ain't shyt when you think about it. If you're willing to spend $400 especially. If it was an extra $200 maybe I could see balking at it. Regular people could go out to a bar or the dinner and a movie and blow $100 easy in one night and not even notice with nothing to show for it.

I dont know breh... :jbhmm: if people already got an xbox one for cheap and both systems play the same games, what the point?! I mean as a gamer that's how I would look at things..

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

It became trendy to make the X1 the butt of jokes and consumers follow that more than flashy commercials.

If there was a unified PC gaming hub that decided to commercially push PC gaming and went at Xbox and PS4 on a funny condescending tip during Superbowl and other big league marketing... casuals would jump ship to PC with the quickness.
This is all facts.

Public imagine is what pushes stuff here in the States more than anything.

Its why rating, and likes and dislike matter so much to people.

Dotcom

OnAComUP
Daps
So you agree that M$ makes awkward strategic moves forward in the past, and do you think this is one? Not that the machine isn't built greatly but they don't have the applications to showcase it as above ? Sony being 2steps ahead has already built on the mistakes that Microsoft hasn't?

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
I dont know breh... :jbhmm: if people already got an xbox one for cheap and both systems play the same games, what the point?! I mean as a gamer that's how I would look at things..
As Msft, you'd offer high trade in value for their X1 or PS4 console.

If the Scorpio comes with an Elite controller... That's tempting as fukk

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

The marketing was a factor too but the awkward marketing AND pricing played a huge role. The PS3 came out the gate stumbling at $599 and the marketing wasn't awkward. They had BC, it was very powerful etc but it sold poorly. I didn't even buy a PS3 until after the price dropped to $299 in 2009.

People just aren't going to pay that much for a console straight up. When the PS3 finally got that price down to $399 for the 40GB model in 2007 sales went up.
PS3 sales jump in US on heels of price cut

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Depends on if you have a 4k setup or want to go that route.
It depends on if multi plat games will look, run and load faster on the Scorpio

I don't think the benefit of this system will really begin to shine through until next year when its obvious that multi plats run better on it, and or if older games get assets unlocked and run smoother and or look better.

Last edited:

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
So you agree that M$ makes awkward strategic moves forward in the past, and do you think this is one? Not that the machine isn't built greatly but they don't have the applications to showcase it as above ? Sony being 2steps ahead has already built on the mistakes that Microsoft hasn't?
Absolutely fukking agree.

I'm an Xbox fan and I've been embarrassed that Msft took the bullshyt console Wars for granted.

We all know it's bullshyt but... In a weird way.. We KNOW it's NOT bullshyt.

Contradictory but it is what it is.

In politics to sports drinks, nikkas are sheep.

I'm included in that, not trying to be on a pedestal at all.