Dying Light [01.27.15 | PS4,X1,PC] Rated 8.3 Metacritic

Stinky Diver

attitude as bad as his odor
Daps
For people that beat that game

That shyt absolutely sucked. How do you go the whole game chasing this guy and it ends up in a quicktime event :why:

I traded my retail copy in today at Target for $60 and when I feel like playing, will just use the digital copy I bought for $20.

Daps
Reppin
Just got my first sword in the Slums and am wrecking shyt up. :win:

Anyone else climb up to the VERY top of the bridges yet? :lupe:

Best 20 bucks I've spent on a game in a LONG time....thank you Gamestop glitch :youngsabo::heh:

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
I just reached the black doctor.

This shyt flames so far.

Loving the safe zones and the open ended feel.

Last edited:

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
Really like the Fallout elements to the game. I'm about 15% through but I havent done any quarantine zones and only a few side quests.

It's been tough starting out because I dont have great weapons. Being caught out at night is scressful :whew:

Good game so far. I have to walk around and search some police cars for guns because that school mission cost me alot of health packs.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
I need guns. Where the fukk do I find em?

:noah:

I just beat the air drop mission

Last edited:

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
Another thing that I like is having to plan out what to do on certain missions. The one where you have to turn the gas on and there's a big infected in an enclosure under the overpass...had to hit it with molotovs and exploding throwing stars until it died. The exploding star drew runners so I had to book to the overpass and filter em in one by one until I could drop down and turn the gas on.

I'm surprised by the difficulty because games now usually hold your hand at the beginning. Fallout would make your character a tank way quicker than Dying Light. I don't think there should be a survivor points penalty for dying though.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Played about 5 hours yesterday and I loved it. Jumping with R1 is still weird to me but it works. I haven't had any problems at all with weapon durability, there are PLENTY of weapons everywhere in this game and I always have stuff to repair them. Overall the game controls are great. I have no problem sprinting from roof top to roof top and ledge to ledge. The story isn't awe inspiring, it's pretty much what you would expect from a zombie game so far. Crafting new weapons is very satisfying and the RPG elements are paced well. To me, this game is definitely worth $60 and an absolute steal at $20. My only concern so far is that the game is huge and so far, I've had to spend a lot of time on foot. As the game opens up more I can imagine trekking back and forth will become a chore and as far as I know there is no fast travel option and there are definitely no vehicles. The mission variety so far has been pretty decent too. Combat is a little weird in that, you would think a direct head shot would cause the zombies head to explode immediately, instead it feels random. I've gone to work hitting a zombie in the head 4 and 5 direct times and it stays alive. :patrice:The highlight of the game has been the night mission. :ohlawd: I had on my sony golds and the sound of those zombies chasing you is :blessed: and :damn: at the same time. You definitely have to experience this with headphones running as fast as you can through alleys knowing you can easily die any second. Overall I'm VERY satisfied with this game and think it's definitely worth a day one $60 purchase. If you stan over call of duty and battlefield combat and hate skyrim then this game wont be for you. But if you're into the feeling of anxiety in games knowing you can die due to the slightest mistake while feeling in full control at all times definitely give this game a try.

* I want to add another point about traveling. The way the missions are set up, you go to a safe location called "The tower" [What's up Destiny players] and speak to the leader who hands you missions. From there you run to the farthest point of the map most of the time and have to go back to the tower. Each mission has gotten farther and farther away from the tower. This is what I'm worried about with no fast travel. I have yet to get a mission outside of the tower in the open world. It seems the only missions you get will come from running back to the tower and that will hurt this game severely as it opens up more.
There are several safe points other than the tower you can unlock doe.

I camped out somewhere else during one mission

You got to unlock them during the day

Deezay

All Star
Daps
Reppin
These Kids
Handing out Supply drops like candy to my people last night :banderas:

Beat it on Saturday but it's still dope.
Love giving away these Machetes to newbies. :win:
I'm going for the Airstrike tonight.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
the only thing that sucks is, once you get a certain level. You stop finding certain weapons like mallets, hatchets and axes. those are some of my favorites but now i can find a slow ass katana or medieval times sword any where