Dwayne's Benching put in perspective

KBadd

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
P.G.
listening to the fiya-starter podcast @KBadd said it best, staying in the DMV fukked him and touched on some more things

for me, as a Michigan fan when he stepped in for a series or two his redshirt freshman year that pass he threw cold off the bench in the game had me looking like :ohhh: this might be the one, because that was a window tighter than gnat p*ssy and he put it on a rope, but the one thing about osu’s offense (urban/Day) the reads seem simple like on this play look to the post, and it will be 92% of the time because their wrs are so fast, or it’s drags or screens, all things that don’t require qbs to read the field and he just has to get it to his playmakers where they make it look easy ( I’m seeing the same thing with fields) he rarely had to pay the ball. So then he gets to the league and now he can’t get away with one read, now his footwork has to be in order ( k badd spoke on it being shytty too) it’s year two and he still staring wrs down, he’s in the league and still trying to sneak p*ssy in the hotel....( I’m not mad at getting your fukk on but it’s a time and place when money is on the line) he’s used to not hearing no ( again from k badd) and his mental is fukked, he’s a kid that has not grown up, lacks discipline, has a shytty disposition, and shytty work ethic, and maybe Washington didn’t always help him, but this still falls on him, he had the tools but if it’s not in him, unless he gets another chance and realizes this shyt is about to end unless i get my mind right, this nikka gonna be selling insurance or something

Thanks for listening.

heart

Down By Law
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I think this week took a toll on him mentally that he could not recover from. He had no confidence, you could feel the tension with the team, they had no confidence...

So many layers but I'm a huge michigan fan and I remember haskins at OSU, he benefited from ONE quick reads, short intermediate routes by his WR's and great RB's.

Dude had regressed all season. Alex Smith should NOT even be playing in NFL games on that leg!!! Haskins put him in that position with that piss poor play. Watching WSH for over 25+ years, I would say haskins is probably one of the worse QB's I've seen to ever play for the 'skins and thats saying a LOT considering some of the QB's we have had.

He has a bad reputation, shytty play, bad mechanics, and he's black. It will take a team really seeing upside with his arm to give him a shot at competing for a second string spot like others have said.

Also he has two strong parents who really failed him. Dude really came into the league thinking he was a "brand" and hadn't done shyt. I rooted for him heavily but I saw very early last year, he wasn't the future.. I'm not impressed with any QB on our roster and now we have draft or in usual redsins fashion, sign a overpriced free agent...

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
Sad, but this nikkas family failed him more than anything. His parents startin entertainment businesses and clothing lines with him as the face before he even took a NFL snap speaks volumes.

It's like the parents/families never understand that for their "plans" and brands to actually work, the kid HAS TO BE GOOD!!! :snoop:

Why put all that pressure on him so early on? Let the boy come in and find his way...he start balling like Justin Herbert or something, cool, now we start talking business and off-field stuff. But how much you wanna bet Herbert isn't worried about his "brand?" All that stuff takes care of itself if YOU taking care of the on-field stuff...This isn't even a black or white thing...it's a "having the right people in your corner" thing. I read that article about his draft party. It came off as the dad trying to capitalize off his boy...

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Speaking of Rosen, he actually got signed by the 49ers from the Bucs practice squad this week. He'll probably be out of the league soon :pachaha:
and the only reason we did it because we literally needed a second QB behind CJ beathard. Mullens and Josh Johnson are on season-ending IR and Jimmy G is still on non-season ending IR and I doubt he gets back here for a meaningless game.

Bone$

Dynasty Continues...
Daps
Haskins has lost the benefit of the doubt, he was mad he got benched AGAIN for his shyt play and ran out of the stadium. Every player knows their media responsibilites.
Was confirmed he was told he could leave, and the other qb would do the presser. Won't matter tho, diva black qb will still resonate regardless of whatever the truth is... The fact that owes evrything to cam, riverra, got away with benching son for never been shyt Kyle Allen, after a solid 300 yard game Vs the Ravens in just the 4th game, tells everything.... Not just benched but demoted to not dressing, after very solid 4 games Stats, considering... Not here to be haskins pr, but I know a media witch/nygga hunt, and typical wft area negative media leaks when I see them :francis:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Bullseye post
Really needed to spend another year or two at OSU.

Its crazy to say, but losing the job that year to Burrow would have been the best thing for Haskins. Maybe not best for OSU as they got Fields. However, Haskins would be a SR and got a chance to mature before he got a hold of the bag.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
and the only reason we did it because we literally needed a second QB behind CJ beathard. Mullens and Josh Johnson are on season-ending IR and Jimmy G is still on non-season ending IR and I doubt he gets back here for a meaningless game.

Yeah, I knew you guys signed him as an emergency backup. He's probably not going to see the league if Bruce Arians is carrying 2 other guys behind Brady (Gabbert & Ryan Griffin) and not willing to protect him by giving him a roster spot. Arians is grooming Gabbert to be a coach. Ryan Griffin is one of the most useless NFL players ever too, probably going to end up as a coach too. Dude been in the league for 7-8 years now and only played in 2 games attempting 4 passes. If that guy gets a roster spot over Rosen, that's not a good sign.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Really needed to spend another year or two at OSU.

Its crazy to say, but losing the job that year to Burrow would have been the best thing for Haskins. Maybe not best for OSU as they got Fields. However, Haskins would be a SR and got a chance to mature before he got a hold of the bag.

i don’t think another year in college would have matured him, he was still being enabled, he just has to grow up period and that’s gotta come from him

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i don’t think another year in college would have matured him, he was still being enabled, he just has to grow up period and that’s gotta come from him

If it was another year somewhere other than Columbus, maybe, because you're 100% right about the enabling.

Assuming not much has changed since I lived there, football brehs live like kings in Columbus.

JP_614

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Aloha State
If it was another year somewhere other than Columbus, maybe, because you're 100% right about the enabling.

Assuming not much has changed since I lived there, football brehs live like kings in Columbus.

Never forgot this man terrelle pryor use to roll around in his 350z lol dude has so much pull and he was smoking black and milds n shyt he was cool QBs at Ohio state got the juice that’s why I got pissed at Barrett when he caught that dui charge like nikka you should’ve pulled up like I’m JT barrett they would’ve let you slide through these white folks love Ohio state players

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Never forgot this man terrelle pryor use to roll around in his 350z lol dude has so much pull and he was smoking black and milds n shyt he was cool QBs at Ohio state got the juice that’s why I got pissed at Barrett when he caught that dui charge like nikka you should’ve pulled up like I’m JT barrett they would’ve let you slide through these white folks love Ohio state players

Yeah, I was lost on that one too. But apparently he tried it:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...the-quarterback-of-ohio-state/?outputType=amp

My memory might be fuzzy, but I think that was one of the first cases of someone with the program getting into somewhat serious trouble after the tattoo situation blew the lid on what's going on out there, so he got stuck with the heat.

JP_614

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Aloha State
Yeah, I was lost on that one too. But apparently he tried it:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...the-quarterback-of-ohio-state/?outputType=amp

My memory might be fuzzy, but I think that was one of the first cases of someone with the program getting into somewhat serious trouble after the tattoo situation blew the lid on what's going on out there, so he got stuck with the heat.

Yea JT messed up cause he saw the stop but did a you turn instead of going through the check point

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I think this week took a toll on him mentally that he could not recover from. He had no confidence, you could feel the tension with the team, they had no confidence...

So many layers but I'm a huge michigan fan and I remember haskins at OSU, he benefited from ONE quick reads, short intermediate routes by his WR's and great RB's.

Dude had regressed all season. Alex Smith should NOT even be playing in NFL games on that leg!!! Haskins put him in that position with that piss poor play. Watching WSH for over 25+ years, I would say haskins is probably one of the worse QB's I've seen to ever play for the 'skins and thats saying a LOT considering some of the QB's we have had.

He has a bad reputation, shytty play, bad mechanics, and he's black. It will take a team really seeing upside with his arm to give him a shot at competing for a second string spot like others have said.

Also he has two strong parents who really failed him. Dude really came into the league thinking he was a "brand" and hadn't done shyt. I rooted for him heavily but I saw very early last year, he wasn't the future.. I'm not impressed with any QB on our roster and now we have draft or in usual redsins fashion, sign a overpriced free agent...
Nah that covid shyt was the nail in the coffing
And he deserves it. Dumb ass nikka