Dwayne's Benching put in perspective

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Would he have been better off going to another team? Basically, going away from where he grew up in the DC/Maryland area :patrice:

nah he's an idiot
dude must really think of himself so highly that he thinks he will get another shot

even a humble cat like geno smith has never started a game since the jets got rid of him

even a cac highly touted like josh rosen is just lucky to sign to a practice squad and he's the same age as haskins

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
nah he's an idiot
dude must really think of himself so highly that he thinks he will get another shot

even a humble cat like geno smith has never started a game since the jets got rid of him

even a cac highly touted like josh rosen is just lucky to sign to a practice squad and he's the same age as haskins

Speaking of Rosen, he actually got signed by the 49ers from the Bucs practice squad this week. He'll probably be out of the league soon :pachaha:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Speaking of Rosen, he actually got signed by the 49ers from the Bucs practice squad this week. He'll probably be out of the league soon :pachaha:

and rosen was a top 10 pick just 3 years ago
professional sports are straight cut throat now, even like 10 years ago being a top ten pick you were signing like a 5 year deal 30 mill deal out of the gate and basically staying with that team

sam bradford number 1 pick in the 2010 draft
On July 30, 2010, Bradford signed a six-year, $78 million deal, which had $50 million of guarantees and a maximum value of $86 million which made it the largest contract ever for an NFL rookie.

Number 10 pick in the draft On August 2, 2010, Alualu signed a five-year deal with the Jaguars. The contract includes $17.5 million guaranteed and a total value of roughly $28 million

now you show nothing in your first few years you're done and teams move on

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
and rosen was a top 10 pick just 3 years ago
professional sports are straight cut throat now, even like 10 years ago being a top ten pick you were signing like a 5 year deal 30 mill deal out of the gate and basically staying with that team

sam bradford number 1 pick in the 2010 draft
On July 30, 2010, Bradford signed a six-year, $78 million deal, which had $50 million of guarantees and a maximum value of $86 million which made it the largest contract ever for an NFL rookie.

Number 10 pick in the draft On August 2, 2010, Alualu signed a five-year deal with the Jaguars. The contract includes $17.5 million guaranteed and a total value of roughly $28 million

now you show nothing in your first few years you're done and teams move on

That Sam Bradford contract swung things in teams favor by putting that rookie cap on salaries. I remember at the time, Bradford was getting more money than Peyton. The lower rookie salaries/guaranteed money allows teams to get rid of these colossal busts a little easier, I think.

Illeye buckmatic

I Don't Stunt I Regulate
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Buckeye State Of Mind

His ass is getting cut tonight or tomorrow. He’s daring the team to punt on him at this point. He knew once he got benched that it was over. He’s gonna get a whole lot of flack for his behavior and performance. First Take and Undisputed are about to eat good off this nikka tomorrow.

Defending my guy is like pulling teeth at this point:francis:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
That Sam Bradford contract swung things in teams favor by putting that rookie cap on salaries. I remember at the time, Bradford was getting more money than Peyton. The lower rookie salaries/guaranteed money allows teams to get rid of these colossal busts a little easier, I think.

yup definitely, same how when the nba changed rookie deals to only the first 2 years guaranteed and year 3 and 4 being team options why many young dudes are gone so fast as well.

Stick Up Kid

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
Reppin
Newark NJ
nah he's an idiot

yep.. Geno eating good as Russ’s backup in Seattle