Dune director Denis villenueve says marvel movies are cut and paste of others

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
It is?!?:dahell: wasn't the book written before all of that?!?

It is. Basically, its about a desert planet that's the most important place in the universe because it has a monopoly on the resource that makes modern transportation function. The natives there are futuristic desert Bedouins that believe in the "Zen Sunni" religion built around a prophecy about a "Chosen One" (that George Lucas pretty obviously ripped off in the prequel trilogy).

Renegade47

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
North South East West
People are shytting on directors who shyt on other directors, actors, cinematographers. Respect the fraternity of your profession.
this is corny and bullshyt.

you telling me that if im a filmmaker thats doing what im supposed to as an artist (pushing the craft further) by crafting creative groundbreaking projects i should be ok with copy and paste bullshyt running amok diluting my craft?

this cac breaks down marvel’s movie formula every movie is the same with a reskin.

its garbage

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
this is corny and bullshyt.

you telling me that if im a filmmaker thats doing what im supposed to as an artist (pushing the craft further) by crafting creative groundbreaking projects i should be ok with copy and paste bullshyt running amok diluting my craft?

this cac breaks down marvel’s movie formula every movie is the same with a reskin.

its garbage

You don't have to be OK with it but you also don't have to say anything. There are Marvel directors he respects. I mean why even risk them getting your words twisted as an insult to them?

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It is. Basically, its about a desert planet that's the most important place in the universe because it has a monopoly on the resource that makes modern transportation function. The natives there are futuristic desert Bedouins that believe in the "Zen Sunni" religion built around a prophecy about a "Chosen One" (that George Lucas pretty obviously ripped off in the prequel trilogy).

LOL. these reviews really have some of y'all in your feelings given some of the criticisms.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
TFR "posters" shytting on directors who take the time to craft well made films

this section is becoming like TLR :francis::scust:too many idiots here
It's been like this. They did the same to Scorsese.

Imagine having the number 1 film franchise on the planet and still being insecure about it. These dudes are IG thots focusing on the one comment that's not complete simpery :heh:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
It's been like this. They did the same to Scorsese.

Imagine having the number 1 film franchise on the planet and still being insecure about it. These dudes are IG thots focusing on the one comment that's not complete simpery :heh:
Yeah cause directors shyt on other studios and the creatives that work there all the time. :comeon:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
the irony of telling people to get over the criticism denis is giving but be in their feelings about criticism towards denis :dead:

yall really are weird, yall act like yall favorite directors are robot gods without feelings that can do no wrong :dead:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Yeah cause directors shyt on other studios and the creatives that work there all the time. :comeon:

the irony of telling people to get over the criticism denis is giving but be in their feelings about criticism towards denis :dead:

yall really are weird, yall act like yall favorite directors are robot gods without feelings that can do no wrong :dead:

fort-baby.gif

Your movies are trash lil nikkas :umad:

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
They all are copies of Iron Man. Rather, different Mark versions of his suits, all providing the same role in different pallette swaps.

Marvel movies are no different than Michael Bay movies, all predicated on a big moment while forgetting about the works of crafting a story with lasting impact. Philosophical questions of the genre aren't asked of the characters or to the audience.

And of course, they all have this script as if Whedon or Bendis wrote it. Everyone is a comedian.

:hhh:

You+want+a+true+example+of+bendis+speak+_615a3ce32516e3b13fd49f5e4e23c376.jpg

2df928a4789a1a3e1abedffb593b51af.png

Renegade47

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
North South East West
You don't have to be OK with it but you also don't have to say anything. There are Marvel directors he respects. I mean why even risk them getting your words twisted as an insult to them?
naw foh that “dont say anything if its not nice” shyt is why so much shyt is fukked up today. why sit there and just let shyt happen instead of standing for something sounds like some bytch made shyt.