Dune director Denis villenueve says marvel movies are cut and paste of others

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
I agree the only ones I like are the Black Panther , Guardians of the Galaxy, and the Deadpool's. The rest are not my cup of tea:yeshrug:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
fort-baby.gif

Your movies are trash lil nikkas :umad:
i disagree with denis :umad:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
naw foh that “dont say anything if its not nice” shyt is why so much shyt is fukked up today. why sit there and just let shyt happen instead of standing for something sounds like some bytch made shyt.
Is it it? Or is it because everyone thinks their hot takes are important and the amount of information out there is confusing the issues.
Marvel movies are dominating the cinema instead of complaining these other directors need to do it better and make movies that appeal to a wider audience. If it's so trash take it out the top spot.

Renegade47

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
North South East West
Is it it? Or is it because everyone thinks their hot takes are important and the amount of information out there is confusing the issues.
Marvel movies are dominating the cinema instead of complaining these other directors need to do it better and make movies that appeal to a wider audience. If it's so trash take it out the top spot.
yea you dont get it. and not trying to be rude but you have a stupid outlook on the situation and people like you are why art gets devalued.

fast food establishments sell the most burgers and they are not good quality burgers a mom and pop establishment that takes longer to make the meal will have the best burgers.

marvel movies are fast food. processed bullshyt that is easy to sell. directors like denis, martin, and chris nolan are mom and pop establishments creating better products but the casual movie goer is gonna be attracted to the fast food shyt more. not one marvel movie is as good as “Arrival” thats an objective fact.

just like in music the bullshyt is going to sell more than the good music and thats by design. you have so called RnB singers who cant sing for shyt or have limited range like adele but will be more successful than real vocalist.

you look at other industries like modeling. a kardashian/jenner will get more work than real models because of their branding. they are going to be an easy draw. so models who put in years of work shouldnt be upset? its bullshyt that needs to be called out and needs to be stopped.

saying “make movies that appeal to a wider audience” is basically saying dont do the best you can do. do you not see why that is a problem?

if you are a passionate architect and you build houses that are breathtaking and some bullshyt trend pops up & you are forced to build shyt that looks like this instead
latest

you’d want to blow your brains out.

telling someone to water down something they are passionate about is wrong.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Brolin and Blunts performances made Sicario. Same with Gyllenhaal, Danno and Jackman in Prisoners. Bladerunner was all set design and photography, nothing else. Arrival was great writing and a blasé performance by Adams.

Meanwhile this nikka whole career is attributed to great actors and great directors of photography. He has yet to be a part of a project where I can say his direction was great. And he want to pop shyt? He like Mark Sanchez and Jets in the playoffs. Yeah, you were QB, but you QBing ain’t why we here.
:heh:

Dune must have this dude feeling himself. I hope it’s trash. :ahh:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
yea you dont get it. and not trying to be rude but you have a stupid outlook on the situation and people like you are why art gets devalued.

fast food establishments sell the most burgers and they are not good quality burgers a mom and pop establishment that takes longer to make the meal will have the best burgers.

marvel movies are fast food. processed bullshyt that is easy to sell. directors like denis, martin, and chris nolan are mom and pop establishments creating better products but the casual movie goer is gonna be attracted to the fast food shyt more. not one marvel movie is as good as “Arrival” thats an objective fact.

just like in music the bullshyt is going to sell more than the good music and thats by design. you have so called RnB singers who cant sing for shyt or have limited range like adele but will be more successful than real vocalist.

you look at other industries like modeling. a kardashian/jenner will get more work than real models because of their branding. they are going to be an easy draw. so models who put in years of work shouldnt be upset? its bullshyt that needs to be called out and needs to be stopped.

saying “make movies that appeal to a wider audience” is basically saying dont do the best you can do. do you not see why that is a problem?

if you are a passionate architect and you build houses that are breathtaking and some bullshyt trend pops up & you are forced to build shyt that looks like this instead
latest

you’d want to blow your brains out.

telling someone to water down something they are passionate about is wrong.
I have worked in industries that have an artistic angle (fashion) and trust me it's harder to appeal to everyone than it is to appeal to like minded people. "Selling out" is way harder than it looks.
Everything you said is just pretense for people who need to feel good that what they like is 'better' despite being less popular. There is no 'better' when it comes to art it just what appeal to whom. I used to be an underground indie Hip Hop fan who thought like you and I know how it feels to like something a lot while stuff you hate in the same genre makes a lot of money. Thinking like you is comforting to that feeling but in the end it's not true. Things that are smart, artistic and groundbreaking can appeal to a wider audience.
Nolan made the Dark Knight and it was a blockbuster mega hit and made a lot of money. Was that fast food or nah? Your diatribe falls apart with countless real world examples.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Brolin and Blunts performances made Sicario. Same with Gyllenhaal, Danno and Jackman in Prisoners. Bladerunner was all set design and photography, nothing else. Arrival was great writing and a blasé performance by Adams.

:mjlol: you sound like someone who doesn't understand even the basic levels of what the director does... haha

Renegade47

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
North South East West
I have worked in industries that have an artistic angle (fashion) and trust me it's harder to appeal to everyone than it is to appeal to like minded people. "Selling out" is way harder than it looks.
Everything you said is just pretense for people who need to feel good that what they like is 'better' despite being less popular. There is no 'better' when it comes to art it just what appeal to whom. I used to be an underground indie Hip Hop fan who thought like you and I know how it feels to like something a lot while stuff you hate in the same genre makes a lot of money. Thinking like you is comforting to that feeling but in the end it's not true. Things that are smart, artistic and groundbreaking can appeal to a wider audience.
Nolan made the Dark Knight and it was a blockbuster mega hit and made a lot of money. Was that fast food or nah? Your diatribe falls apart with countless real world examples.
no it wasnt fast food cus it was a great movie unlike marvel movies. Heath’s joker was an incredible antagonist. harvey dent’s character arc was great. rachael choosing dent over bruce and bruce never knowing and her dying with him thinking he still had a chance with her is phenomenal writing. alfred burning the letter was great. the complexities to those characters plus the story itself made that movie great. thats lacking in marvel movies. thats what separates that superhero trilogy when done by an all time great director vs the copy and paste fast food marvel is pushing out.

and there is a better when it comes to art.

this
BJ9HrdZHGJo17VpdmtV270kqQxbmH9VPqegdOyzovxuW62anvAUyRFbjcRQ5BiweAtt92OX2tvWxSsFykYVTHdlQ7FHHzFo

is not better art than this
mather-teresa-ylli-haruni.jpg

like i said before you just dont get it.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
The Dark knight was at least inspired by Heat... Nolan strived to and successfully made a crime drama within a world of superheroes and villains. That is an example of taking comic book material and NOT making something formulaic.

Daps
It reminds me of when G-Unit was on top and they ran XXL

Look at all the esteemed actors who found their ass doing comic book movies. How many do you think turned their nose up at being associated with that shyt initially?

Marvel done squashed the competition and it’s hard to breathe outside of them. Outside of sincere critique I’m sure it ain’t easy having to take their package

the-wire1.jpg