Dune director Denis villenueve says marvel movies are cut and paste of others

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
no it wasnt fast food cus it was a great movie unlike marvel movies. Heath’s joker was an incredible antagonist. harvey dent’s character arc was great. rachael choosing dent over bruce and bruce never knowing and her dying with him thinking he still had a chance with her is phenomenal writing. alfred burning the letter was great. the complexities to those characters plus the story itself made that movie great. thats lacking in marvel movies. thats what separates that superhero trilogy when done by an all time great director vs the copy and paste fast food marvel is pushing out.

and there is a better when it comes to art.

this
BJ9HrdZHGJo17VpdmtV270kqQxbmH9VPqegdOyzovxuW62anvAUyRFbjcRQ5BiweAtt92OX2tvWxSsFykYVTHdlQ7FHHzFo

is not better art than this
mather-teresa-ylli-haruni.jpg

like i said before you just dont get it.
But you said earlier;
"marvel movies are fast food. processed bullshyt that is easy to sell. directors like denis, martin, and chris nolan are mom and pop establishments creating better products but the casual movie goer is gonna be attracted to the fast food shyt more. "
The Dark Knight was a huge blockbuster that made more $ than any other comics book movie before it. So either The Dark Knight is 'fast food' or your entire analogy about 'fast food vs mom and pop establishments' doesn't work as you said it does. Let me know which one it is. :mjgrin:

Renegade47

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
North South East West
But you said earlier;
"marvel movies are fast food. processed bullshyt that is easy to sell. directors like denis, martin, and chris nolan are mom and pop establishments creating better products but the casual movie goer is gonna be attracted to the fast food shyt more. "
The Dark Knight was a huge blockbuster that made more $ than any other comics book movie before it. So either The Dark Knight is 'fast food' or your entire analogy about 'fast food vs mom and pop establishments' doesn't work as you said it does. Let me know which one it is. :mjgrin:
its ok to be wrong breh. now you obtusely misinterpreting my point. i told you in the last reply why nolan’s superhero movie is different. it in itself is a good film. it grossing a billion+ doesnt make it fast food. just like avatar and titanic arent fastfood. the movie was great it didnt get by off branding alone like marvel movies are doing at this point. you trying to step over the part where the dark knight to this day is the highest quality comic book movie :jawalrus:

mans thought cus it grossed alot it invalidated my point :mjlol:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
its ok to be wrong breh. now you obtusely misinterpreting my point. i told you in the last reply why nolan’s superhero movie is different. it in itself is a good film. it grossing a billion+ doesnt make it fast food. just like avatar and titanic arent fastfood. the movie was great it didnt get by off branding alone like marvel movies are doing at this point. you trying to step over the part where the dark knight to this day is the highest quality comic book movie :jawalrus:

mans thought cus it grossed alot it invalidated my point :mjlol:
You invalidated your own point. I like how you make a rule write paragraphs about it and when I show you how you don't even believe that rule you come with, "Oh, that's different." :mjlol:

Renegade47

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
North South East West
You invalidated your own point. I like how you make a rule write paragraphs about it and when I show you how you don't even believe that rule you come with, "Oh, that's different." :mjlol:
the this thing breh you not talking to a binary person :mjgrin: i know there are more numbers other than 0 and 1.

my point is marvel is selling people the same product with a different skin and you pointing out how successful dark knight is like it had some microwavable plot and cookie cutter flow. like it was a reskin of batman begins when it wasnt. it was an incredible movie that had everyone talking. you thought you pit me in a corner but you didnt. its ok breh. you can stop now.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
the this thing breh you not talking to a binary person :mjgrin: i know there are more numbers other than 0 and 1.

my point is marvel is selling people the same product with a different skin and you pointing out how successful dark knight is like it had some microwavable plot and cookie cutter flow. like it was a reskin of batman begins when it wasnt. it was an incredible movie that had everyone talking. you thought you pit me in a corner but you didnt. its ok breh. you can stop now.
Yet you were writing about movies being either fast food or a Mom and pop restaraunt quality. Now you want to get nuanced now that I pointed out an example that didn't fit your narrow definitions that you wrote at length about. :mjlol:
No need to beg for mercy. I'll stop on my own time. lol

Renegade47

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
North South East West
Yet you were writing about movies being either fast food or a Mom and pop restaraunt quality. Now you want to get nuanced now that I pointed out an example that didn't fit your narrow definitions that you wrote at length about. :mjlol:
No need to beg for mercy. I'll stop on my own time. lol
breh you keep trying to make dark knight fast food when its not. :mjlol:

its mom and pop quality pizza with extra cheese :ohlawd:

ironman fighting a mirror of himself for 3 movies in a row is fast food :mjlol:

bruce having to deal with a complex villain like the joker then having to deal with the tragedy of harvey dent’s character after losing the love of his life losing everything and taking the fall for dent so he can still be seen as a hero is no where near fast food and takes talent to make everything come together the way it did. Dark Knight is what happens when everyone has no choice but to pay attention to groundbreaking work.
:wow:

i’ve been consistent the whole time :wow:

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
Brolin and Blunts performances made Sicario. Same with Gyllenhaal, Danno and Jackman in Prisoners. Bladerunner was all set design and photography, nothing else. Arrival was great writing and a blasé performance by Adams.

Meanwhile this nikka whole career is attributed to great actors and great directors of photography. He has yet to be a part of a project where I can say his direction was great. And he want to pop shyt? He like Mark Sanchez and Jets in the playoffs. Yeah, you were QB, but you QBing ain’t why we here.
:heh:

Dune must have this dude feeling himself. I hope it’s trash. :ahh:
have no ideea what a director does... He is the best director working today.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
breh you keep trying to make dark knight fast food when its not. :mjlol:

its mom and pop quality pizza with extra cheese :ohlawd:

ironman fighting a mirror of himself for 3 movies in a row is fast food :mjlol:

bruce having to deal with a complex villain like the joker then having to deal with the tragedy of harvey dent’s character after losing the love of his life losing everything and taking the fall for dent so he can still be seen as a hero is no where near fast food and takes talent to make everything come together the way it did. Dark Knight is what happens when everyone has no choice but to pay attention to groundbreaking work.
:wow:

i’ve been consistent the whole time :wow:
But you said of you, "chris nolan are mom and pop establishments creating better products but the casual movie goer is gonna be attracted to the fast food shyt more. "
The casual movie goer was very attracted to the Dark Knight more than any other comics movie up until that date. NOW you are saying that entire diatribe about fast food vs Mom and Pop shyt doesn't apply to a Nolan movie. Why did you type all that to invalidated it later in a few posts? Now it is a about complex villains, tragedy of side characters blah blah blah. You were talking about what the casual movie goer likes previously. Why the change? :jbhmm:

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
The Mark Sanchez comparison to Villeneuve is the wildest shyt I’ve read in a minute:mjlol:
these marvel stans are something else . This and the "Scorsese says marvel movies arent art".:wow:Gold...pure gold. Idk why they take this shyt so personal.
To actually believe that the goat director and the best director working today are jelous of antman and the wasp:wow: