Dune director Denis villenueve says marvel movies are cut and paste of others

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
TFR "posters" shytting on directors who take the time to craft well made films

this section is becoming like TLR :francis::scust:too many idiots here
People are shytting on directors who shyt on other directors, actors, cinematographers. Respect the fraternity of your profession.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
People are shytting on directors who shyt on other directors, actors, cinematographers. Respect the fraternity of your profession.

that's not the case here...Denis is pointing out the formulaic approach behind making Marvel films. That's speaks directly to the movie studios that have created a formula, that directors, actors, & cinematographers have to stick to. If anything, his complaint can be seen as him wanting directors to be able to put their own touch on these films so each one stands out individually.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
that's not the case here...Denis is pointing out the formulaic approach behind making Marvel films. That's speaks directly to the movie studios that have created a formula, that directors, actors, & cinematographers have to stick to. If anything, his complaint can be seen as him wanting directors to be able to put their own touch on these films so each one stands out individually.
Many Marvel directors, actors, say they like collaboratong with Marvel and say it is/was a positive experience. So if talent is collaboratong on a film with a studio and some other director comes out of nowhere to insult the studio and their movies that includes your work.
If everyone said they had a bad experience @ Marvel due to what this guys is complaining about you would have a point. But the vast a majority do the opposite.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
Denis the gawd got people really in their feelings :wow: best director working today. He's entitled to his opinion just like Scorsese etc. Marvel certainly has a formula, it makes them a ton of money, but I wish they would allow their directors more freedom to be creative, the ones that tried like Edgar Wright ended up leaving.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Why not? How many movies are actually completely original? Not adapted from somewhere else or don’t follow the same structure as other movies before it?

I'm looking forward to Dune in Imax, and I like Marvel movies and shows, so I don't see any need to turn this into one vs the other.

But yes, this is the THIRD adaptation of the first Dune book, so I think it's totally fair to call out that it's not totally "original".

If it WERE original, Frank Herbert fans would go crazy that it's not a "faithful adaptation". So as much as people say they want originality, they don't want "too much" originality.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
TFR "posters" shytting on directors who take the time to craft well made films

this section is becoming like TLR :francis::scust:too many idiots here

Not to mention they can't put together a coherent thought.... They all ran away when i called on them to add something more to the discussion than "mUsT BE a HAteR"...

:mjlol: :mjlol: arms too short...

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
I'm looking forward to Dune in Imax, and I like Marvel movies and shows, so I don't see any need to turn this into one vs the other.

But yes, this is the THIRD adaptation of the first Dune book, so I think it's totally fair to call out that it's not totally "original".

If it WERE original, Frank Herbert fans would go crazy that it's not a "faithful adaptation". So as much as people say they want originality, they don't want "too much" originality.
This is the context of the quote, sounds way less inflammatory than just reading the first sentence no?

"Perhaps the problem is that we are in front of too many Marvel movies that are nothing more than a 'cut and paste' of others,"

"Perhaps these types of movies have turned us into zombies a bit… But big and expensive movies of great value there are many today. I don't feel capable of being pessimistic at all."

"Just think of the golden age of Hollywood to see that commercial films can make a different artistic proposal and, therefore, political. I have never felt like a loss or an impediment to have a generous budget to do what I wanted to do. Upside down."

"If we're talking about Marvel, the thing is, all these films are made from the same mold," he said. "Some filmmakers can add a little color to it, but they're all cast in the same factory. It doesn't take anything away from the movies, but they are formatted."

Last edited: